Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

I agree but it's early days and even though the daily bombings and shootings have stopped sectarianism is still thriving in some parts of NI (on both sides) and will continue to do so while those two muppets are the face of NI politics.
    sorry but the bombings and shooting havent stopped in northern ireland,be it no longer sectarian/bigited shootings,the biggest problems are in the republican areas,take derry/londonderry in todays news,[man shot in both legs][ bonfire an excuse for vandalism] community workers have claimed vandals have used a dispute over a bonfire as an excuse for three consecutive nights for violent disturbances in londonderry to attack the police . there has been over 20 pipe bomb incidents in derry alone this year,and over a dozen shootings,be it republican v republican whatever,yet the irish posties are more interested in a pipe band playing outside a church ,wake up and smell cofffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

getz wrote: »
    sorry but the bombings and shooting havent stopped in northern ireland,be it no longer sectarian/bigited shootings,the biggest problems are in the republican areas,take derry/londonderry in todays news,[man shot in both legs][ bonfire an excuse for vandalism] community workers have claimed vandals have used a dispute over a bonfire as an excuse for three consecutive nights for violent disturbances in londonderry to attack the police . there has been over 20 pipe bomb incidents in derry alone this year,and over a dozen shootings,be it republican v republican whatever,yet the irish posties are more interested in a pipe band playing outside a church ,wake up and smell cofffee

In other words ....'Don't mind us over here in the corner, being sectarian thugs, have yis nothing better to be doing?'
    :rolleyes:

Happyman42 wrote: »
    In other words ....'Don't mind us over here in the corner, being sectarian thugs, have yis nothing better to be doing?'
    www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/13/republican-vigilante-campaig... ]

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/may/13/republican-vigilante-campaig... hospital says over 85 shootings have taken place in derry over the last year.

and? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Onixx wrote: »
    Irish people who suck up to hardline loyalists (whose culture is to hate them) and say sh1t like "The provos were as bad" (as if that justifies anything) are so pathetically spineless.

nordies have started to come shopping here because the atmosphere of hate is less strong. groups such as RSF and the Real IRA who have strongholds in Dublin are committed towards a war that few want and I cannot understand how such elements are tolerated in what is supposed to be a tolerant republic.

there was a letter in the irish times calling for support for marian price who was involved in the heroic slaying of a British soldier collecting a pizza at Masarene barracks.

THE PSNI is the police force of NI yet GAA members are still boycotting them. sectarianism has to be tackled on both sides.

• Advertisement

and? :rolleyes:

scumbags are beating people and getting away with it cos they are republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Wake up and smell the coffee? Heres a newsflash for you. Areas with intense bigotry, flag burning and discrimination are going to have violence its just a fact of life. you cant forget that northern Ireland's biogtry was used as a justification by south africa for their own racist policies.

The north is ine of the last places int he west to get democracry because of the bigoted government policies. Wake up and smell the coffee bigotry does no one any good. Its amazing that in this century I have to tell someone that bigotry is a bad thing.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    scumbags are beating people and getting away with it cos they are republicans.
    happyman is happy about that,these so called irish heroes chased a young irish boxer over the boarder and shot him dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

The fools do not even realise how stupid they look on their yearly trouble stroll up North.

Why anyone in the Republic of Ireland would want to united with a land that spawned the Orange Order is beyond me.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Wake up and smell the coffee? Heres a newsflash for you. Areas with intense bigotry, flag burning and discrimination are going to have violence its just a fact of life. you cant forget that northern Ireland's biogtry was used as a justification by south africa for their own racist policies.

The north is ine of the last places int he west to get democracry because of the bigoted government policies. Wake up and smell the coffee bigotry does no one any good. Its amazing that in this century I have to tell someone that bigotry is a bad thing.
    i will except a bigot any day than a murderer,and what has northern ireland got to do with south africa/india/ i know its that blasphemous word british.

• Advertisement

i will except a bigot any day than a murderer,and what has northern ireland got to do with south africa/india/ i know its that blasphemous word british.

The south african government used northern irelands policies as justification for their segregration policies at the time.

THE PSNI is the police force of NI yet GAA members are still boycotting them. sectarianism has to be tackled on both sides.

Source please? :rolleyes: Where in the GAA constitution, where in anything the GAA say officially and in public, do they call for a boycott of the PSNI?

The south african government used northern irelands policies as justification for their segregration policies at the time.
    shock horror,no wonder you hate the brits, i know south africa should have taken notice of what mahatma gandhi told them to do,what they did,i did not realize ghandhi was racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

You link to evidence of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

shock horror,no wonder you hate the brits, i know south africa should have taken notice of what mahatma gandhi told them to do,what they did,i did not realize ghandhi was racist.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/oct/17/southafrica.india
    However, the new statue has prompted bitter recollections about some of Gandhi's writings.

Forced to share a cell with black people, he wrote: "Many of the native prisoners are only one degree removed from the animal and often created rows and fought among themselves."

He was quoted at a meeting in Bombay in 1896 saying that Europeans sought to degrade Indians to the level of the "raw kaffir, whose occupation is hunting and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with, and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bit tricky that - given that apartheid was introduced in '48.

No wonder I hate the Brits? Nice try If I were you I would go back to sidestepping the bigotry issue. Hating a load of bigots marching through areas that seen people killed because they were catholic does not equal hating british people. I love british people and they have been nothing but friendly to me. I think that equating these bands with anything british is more insulting to british people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

there was a letter in the irish times calling for support for marian price who was involved in the heroic slaying of a British soldier collecting a pizza at Masarene barracks.

Think you're reading the Daily Mail...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

this threads still going?
    wheres the troll hunter

alastair wrote: »
    Bit tricky that - given that apartheid was introduced in '48.

Aparthied continued into the 1980s. The international commission of jurists, a organization made up of lawyers and judges who fought for human rights around the world published a report on northern Ireland prior to the 1969 riots.
    During the summer of 1969, before the riots broke out, the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) published a highly critical report on the British Government's policy in Northern Ireland. The Times wrote that this report "criticised the Northern Ireland Government for police brutality, religious discrimination [against Catholics] and gerrymandering in politics".[4] The ICJ secretary general said that laws and conditions in Northern Ireland had been cited by the South African government "to justify their own policies of discrimination" (see South Africa under apartheid).[4] The Times also reported that the Ulster Special Constabulary (USC), Northern Ireland's reserve police force, was "regarded as the militant arm of the Protestant Orange Order".[4] The Belfast Telegraph reported that the ICJ had added Northern Ireland to the list of states/jurisdictions "where the protection of human rights is inadequately assured".[5]

• Advertisement

happyman is happy about that,these so called irish heroes chased a young irish boxer over the boarder and shot him dead.

I could understand republicans not cooperating with the PSNI in the eighties but things have changed. it should be the PSNI that polices the north not protestant or catholic thugs.

Think you're reading the Daily Mail...

how is that?

what is this?
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/gaa-event-cancelled-over-psni-involvement-16150873.html

According to this the GAA refused to cooperate with the police!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

how is that?

what is this?
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/gaa-event-cancelled-over-psni-involvement-16150873.html

According to this the GAA refused to cooperate with the police!

Re-read your linked article (In full rather than just skimming it), then read what you posted. Repeat both steps until you realise where in that statement you are wrong.

GAAman wrote: »
    Re-read your linked article (In full rather than just skimming it), then read what you posted. Repeat both steps until you realise where in that statement you are wrong.
    did not the GAA [so called non-political] oppose the british queens visit to ireland ? enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

did not the GAA [so called non-political] oppose the british queens visit to ireland ? enough said.
    The GAA welcomed her Majesty to Croke Park.

SocSocPol wrote: »
    The GAA welcomed her Majesty to Croke Park.
    www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa-officials-decline-invite-t...

When you are googling for your deflections, try using terms like 'GAA officially oppose', 'GAA constitution instills hate' NOT terms like 'GAA' ...'oppose'.....'Queen'. :rolleyes:
    The continued deflection on here by several people was ridiculous and is now begining to get sad.

When you are googling for your deflections, try using terms like 'GAA officially oppose', 'GAA constitution instills hate' NOT terms like 'GAA' ...'oppose'.....'Queen'. :rolleyes:
    The continued deflection on here by several people was ridiculous and is now begining to get sad.
    GAA officials from four of the five counties in the north refused to meet the queen yet sinn fein the republican political wing of the IRA did,what does that tell you,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

GAA officials from four of the five counties in the north refused to meet the queen yet sinn fein the republican political wing of the IRA did,what does that tell you,

Is the GAA responsible for the actions of an Orange band marching in circles outside that church whilst playing sectarian tunes?

If the answer is no, then why in the fúck are we even talking about the GAA?

• Advertisement

The GAA is a disparate, cross community sporting organisation, who had clubs across Irish society, including several in the old RUC and now in the PSNI. Individual members have many political views, from the conservative right to the radical left.
    Here is their official statement on matters political.
    The GAA is a non-party political organisation whose individual members may, of course, decide to take positions on political issues in accordance with their own personal views and commitments.
    http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/1105121021-gaa-position-on-electionsreferenda/

You have found evidence of the above ^^ in action.....you HAVE NOT and WILL NOT find evidence of the organisation OFFICIALLY sanctioning, condoning, encouraging, promoting, instilling, enshrining sectarianism and hate, which is what you have been asked to provide. Any more mention of the subject without evidence will just make you look sillier and more desperate.

Advertisement