Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I on the other hand went out last night for dinner for a friends birthday and had 4 drinks and I'm dying.

Anything between 3-5 drinks and I'm usually in a heap for the next day. Having said that anything higher than 6 and I'm usually dying as well. 1-2 drinks and I'm usually fine, usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

<Snipped>

Cmod - Post edited to comply with charter, mods notified

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's flash carts that will play DS games on 3DS but so far 3DS has not been hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Should we all be racist now, father?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, if you go back he's going to show you DS games running on a 3DS R4.

• Advertisement

What do you make of this, lads? It's seems odd to me that there'd be a demo cart for DS. Any ideas about the origin of this one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It came with the first run of DS phats. I have one here I got with my launch console.

Master of the Universe

It's legit, not really worth anything though. About a fiver I think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

deathrider wrote: »
    What do you make of this, lads? It's seems odd to me that there'd be a demo cart for DS. Any ideas about the origin of this one?

That was packed in with the original "phat" ds on release.

nintendo_ds_box.jpg

Master of the Universe

It really was a pig ugly machine wasn't it? :D

• Advertisement

Ah, excellent stuff. Cheers for the swift replies, lads. I didn't even have to call in Scooby Doo and the lads to solve the mystery. To be honest, I picked it up while travelling cross country. I didn't even cop that it said demo our multiplayer only until I day on my next bus and popped it into the DS.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It really was a pig ugly machine wasn't it? :D

That's still the one I use. It was in hits when I bought it, since v then it's taken a fierce beating over the years, but still works perfectly. That thing is a goddamn thank... But, yes, it's ugly as sin, lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Built like a ****ing brick :)

Lasted from launch weekend until the 3DS upgrade without issue - six or seven years of relatively heavy use. The screen didn't take so kindly to Ready Steady Go in Ouendan, but apart from a few minor scratches it was easily the best built console I've ever owned. I'm sure Ill give it a whirl ten years hence and it'll still be working away like a boss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Battery is still very good in mine too after all these years. The first one i had got run over by a van and was still working (although the screen did crack which is understandable)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I still have nightmares about Nintendogs DS, that thing wrecked my head for weeks when it came out, everyone wanted the bloody pink Labrador one but we never had many in stock. anything console related that was pink used to fly out, didnt do much to break gender stereotyping :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The screen was nowhere near as good or bright as the Lite though? I remember comparing the two side by side many moons ago and it was like comparing a non-screen modded Nomad to a modded one.

I just realised that predict-o text on my phone makes me type like an eejit.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The screen was nowhere near as good or bright as the Lite though? I remember comparing the two side by side many moons ago and it was like comparing a non-screen modded Nomad to a modded one.

That's it really. I used one a bit on release, but once the DSLite came out there was no going back. The screens are very dim in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have that metroid thing :pac: all I had to play on the console for ages since my mum got me the sims at launch instead of mario, cos of my brother :mad:

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's it really. I used one a bit on release, but once the DSLite came out there was no going back. The screens are very dim in comparison.

Girlfriendo plays the Lite, and any time we play multilayer, the light from her DS makes a mockery of my old one.

• Advertisement

I think I have a launch DS floating around someplace, sure my 1989 bought gameboy still worked until I gave it away a couple of years ago, all that was wrong with it was discolouration and there was a few dead pixels on the screen. I was in the States when it was released and there was this Nintendo roadshow thing with loads of consoles set up inside a huge 18 wheeler truck carriage, 9 year old me in hyperventilate mode :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

krudler wrote: »
    I think I have a launch DS floating around someplace, sure my 1989 bought gameboy still worked until I gave it away a couple of years ago, all that was wrong with it was discolouration and there was a few dead pixels on the screen. I was in the States when it was released and there was this Nintendo roadshow thing with loads of consoles set up inside a huge 18 wheeler truck carriage, 9 year old me in hyperventilate mode :pac:

I stumbled across that same truck in 1993 in Florida. Spent a few hours playing Zelda. They were promoting Starfox at the time. Funnily enough I got my Gameboy on that trip (and decided against an american Megadrive).

I stumbled across that same truck in 1993 in Florida. Spent a few hours playing Zelda. They were promoting Starfox at the time. Funnily enough I got my Gameboy on that trip (and decided against an american Megadrive).

I think it was parked outside either Universal or Disneyworld but can't remember which, was in Orlando as well. There was a savage arcade in Disneyworld, saw Dragon's Lair there for the first time and it blew my mind, game was crap though lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought the Gameboy in 90, I s in college at the time but we were paid as nursing students so happy days.
    There followed decades of getting them at launch.
    I remember, especially, getting Road Rash 2, it was all kinds of awesome that one.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought the Gameboy in 90, I s in college at the time but we were paid as nursing students so happy days.
    There followed decades of getting them at launch.
    I remember, especially, getting Road Rash 2, it was all kinds of awesome that one.

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I think Gamestop have reached their limit of ****tiness. Went in to the local one today to get Deadly Premonition Directors Cut at it's nice budget price. 50 euros.

Jog on.

Mine arrived today from Amazon.

Just £26.29. That's a pretty good deal, right Zach?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...anyone getting Soul Sacrifice this week?

So...anyone getting Soul Sacrifice this week?

Heard it was a Monster Hunter clone and lost all interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Nope. If I didn't know gamestop would give me a pittance for it, I'd trade my vita in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement