Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

funny_valentine_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I want the jailbait ball girl
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

25yuswsw28295.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As excited as I am about VR, I want to be able to sit on my arse and use it :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    As excited as I am about VR, I want to be able to sit on my arse and use it :D

New from EA

Early morning Toilet Sim

Real sim toilet paper €30 DLC

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I hate when these things get dangerously close to looking like exercise.

Still doesn't beat the Yard Work Simulator

yardworksimulator.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Meh, as much as I enjoy Futurama it has been on autopilot since its duo of returns - never quite reaching the heights it once did, bar the odd stellar episode. It's still watchable, but at the same time there's no point dragging it on forever.

Did everyone hear about the buy three get one free offer for 3DS? Register any three of the below games and download a fourth free. Decent line-up, assume most of us will have interest in four or five of them anyway:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf

still can't bring myself to paying €40+ for a handheld game, let alone three at once.
    ordered 4 3ds games off zavvi for the price of one of those, will post in the PHWYGSN thread when they've all arrived.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well given at least four or five of those games are extremely unlikely to drop in price over the next three or four years - as is the tradition with at least 75% of Nintendo's first party releases, where you're lucky if it drops a tenner half a decade after release - it's actually a pretty good deal, especially since many will be picking up a good few of those titles anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A thought occurred to me today. Last night I had a but of an impromptu games night as one of my friends came over. We were playing megadrive games until 4am this morning and ordered lots of pizza and had a few beers too and it was awesome! But I was just thinking that kids these days (I sound like ciderman now) will probably never get to experience that as they'll just hop on the xbox and play online. And it's a sad thought really, as there's nothing quite like teaming up with your best friend to beat that last boss with nothing but the the glow of the tv in front of you and pizza to keep you going!

We were playing megadrive games until 4am this morning and ordered lots of pizza and had a few beers too and it was awesome!

tumblr_lh4y1ioecq1qhtqp3o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

931205_10200963567312902_1012444897_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

A thought occurred to me today. Last night I had a but of an impromptu games night as one of my friends came over. We were playing megadrive games until 4am this morning and ordered lots of pizza and had a few beers too and it was awesome! But I was just thinking that kids these days (I sound like ciderman now) will probably never get to experience that as they'll just hop on the xbox and play online. And it's a sad thought really, as there's nothing quite like teaming up with your best friend to beat that last boss with nothing but the the glow of the tv in front of you and pizza to keep you going!
    Can I come over to your house sometime, then? I'll be Adam, you be Axel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have a look at the nice Teefury Pokemon shirts today, they've two, one's a Squirtle and one's a Bulbasaur, very nice indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They will get to play them though, all HD'd up & littered with ego-massaging achievements! :D

"Achievement Unlocked: Powering On The Console!"

EnterNow wrote: »
    They will get to play them though, all HD'd up & littered with ego-massaging achievements! :D

"Achievement Unlocked: Powering On The Console!"

you're not far off there

Fighting Vipers: press left on character select screen to pick Mahler - 60 GS

Wow... Asda seem pretty good for games.

Ordered Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for just £13 yesterday and it shipped today. It doesn't come out until Friday. Using Parcel Motel though.

So...did anyone play the Soul Sacrifice demo, yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

so...ratchet and clank getting a movie for 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Talk of System 3 on another thread got me googling them.

Appears they are releasing Putty Squad for a host of formats in June.

Loved Putty on the Amiga.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had funnier surgery than that trailer and dubstep needs to die in a fire.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've had funnier surgery than that trailer and dubstep needs to die in a fire.
    You really don't like the series, don't ya?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You really don't like the series, don't ya?

No I'm totally meh about the series. It's decent but feel I've thousands of games I'd much rather spend my time on. That trailer however was pretty bad. I do however think there's a good cgi movie in R&C. They'll need to try a lot better than that though.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No I'm totally meh about the series. It's decent but feel I've thousands of games I'd much rather spend my time on. That trailer however was pretty bad. I do however think there's a good cgi movie in R&C. They'll need to try a lot better than that though.
    Well, it made me laugh. Plus it actually looks like the game it's base off, which after seeing the other movie adaptations of games, is saying a lot.

Needs more Dr. Nefarious

2106862-dr_nefarious.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have quite a soft spot for ratchet and clank. A crack in time is one of my favoruite PS3 games.

Good news everybody

3ds works amazing absolutely mint bit of equipment

Great bargain

Only one tiny tiny problem

No way to change the system language to english

Gbatemp let me down badly on this they said it could be changed.

Time to learn japanese methinks
    :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Advertisement

While getting rid of region locking would be nice I'd hate for piracy to kill the console like what happened with the DS. Then again it might also be nice to know there's a way to transfer your digital games to another 3DS since nintendo doesn't allow that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement