Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

o1s1n wrote: »
    I didn't realize this has been in development since 2011. How they kept it secret for so long I'll never know.
    Nintendo have very strict NDAs when it comes to things like these. I heard that a guy got fired after he revealed what the WiiU controller looked like before the announcement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding my picture issues,
    It's deffo down to the TV, I have ongoing problems with all HDMI devices, where they fail to handshake with the TV and I get errors, but I'm picking up an unloved 42" plasma from Kerbdog at some point and that'll sort out those problems, not to mention increase the contrast ratio to awesome-sauce levels!
    I'll have to drag out Tempest 2000 to give it a work out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll have to drag out Tempest 2000 to give it a work out!

I've a Pioneer Plasma I use for my main screen...the cheapo 21" crt I have beside it walks all over it image quality wise when it comes to retro consoles

urbanledge wrote: »
    Thats it,
    Im getting a 3ds

Fire Emblem alone justifies a 3ds purchase imho, been playing it non stop since release, its like crack, incredible game and defo worth the retail price. The best title on the system by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fire Emblem alone justifies a 3ds purchase imho, been playing it non stop since release, its like crack, incredible game and defo worth the retail price. The best title on the system by a country mile

It's my next purchase. Going to wait until I get my nippled 3DS XL though.

It's a good thing my getting a 3ds XL as well, as ill be getting a new charger. Lost my old one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's a good thing my getting a 3ds XL as well, as ill be getting a new charger. Lost my old one.

The 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Any know where Pdbhp is?
    Been a while since he's been around...
    Still oiling up the Tallafornia lads is he?

The 3DS XL doesn't come with a charger :o

unless you buy it from someone who has already purchased it for ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah yeah I know that. Fair ****ing stupid decision from Nintendon't supply means of powering on possibly your first 3ds console.

• Advertisement

Something tells me Briananon's days of playing Saturn games at 50Hz are over...

flllci.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Proper order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Swish! That reminds me I need to get my Saturn modded or pick up a 4 in 1 cart. Which is the best option retro gaming awesome peoples?

Achilles wrote: »
    Swish! That reminds me I need to get my Saturn modded or pick up a 4 in 1 cart. Which is the best option retro gaming awesome peoples?

Go with the cart, you get the added RAM as a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    Go with the cart, you get the added RAM as a bonus.

Purchased from Play Asia. Roughly €20. Not bad really... I bet it's a clone but I don't care as long as it works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was anyone here drunkingly* trying to explain the concept of adverts.ie to a bathroom attendant in the Button Factory earlier this evening? I'm paraphrasing only slightly:
    Lad wrote:
    Have you heard of adverts.ie? It's like DoneDeal right, but so much better. Someone posts something to sell, and people respond in a b]*air quotes*[/b thread. But the great thing is someone posts something, people make crazy offers, and then the seller has to sell their item for half the price they were looking for! I got this on there! b]*points to leather jacket*[/b

A surprisingly accurate assessment.

*it wasn't atavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

'people make crazy offers, and then the seller has to sell their item for half the price they were looking for!'

Haha, imagine that was the case.

'Steve_SI! Sell that Nomad to Jack Burton for a fiver and a packet of Tayto or we'll be sending our heavies around!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Keita Takahashi's (Katamari) Game Romantic tees are now live on Fangamer's website in 3 colors.
    Couldn't wait to order mine (now back to bed [u_ u ] zzz)

VH_highlight_gameromantics1.jpg?2152

I'd love the cream one in the middle, but I am under orders that if another new tee comes into the house it'll be thrown out, and me along with!
    But they are lovely.

I still feel inadequate because I didn't "get" Noby noby boy :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd love the cream one in the middle, but I am under orders that if another new tee comes into the house it'll be thrown out
    I ordered the cream one so you can admire mine instead.! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Gamestop have reached their limit of ****tiness. Went in to the local one today to get Deadly Premonition Directors Cut at it's nice budget price. 50 euros.

Jog on.

I have been in contact with a lost soul, Pdbhp.
    Turns out he was in stir for ramraiding.
    They caught him behind the wheel of a high performance Micra, having committed a second such crime in 24 hours.
    Unfortunately the first store was an old Game and the second was his local HMV, so tears all round I'd say! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think Gamestop have reached their limit of ****tiness. Went in to the local one today to get Deadly Premonition Directors Cut at it's nice budget price. 50 euros.

Jog on.

Seems like since HMV went they jacked up everything, load of new release games 54.99-59.99 price range, ehhh, no. I miss HMV's 42 quid day one prices, and sales that were actually sales. 39 quid for Hitman isn't a sale price gamestop :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Smyths are OK for sales and prices after a few weeks, but their new releases have definitely risen in price. Even online prices have increased, not just for games but DVD and Blu-Ray too. More of an incentive than ever to wait a while before purchasing - not that there wasn't before ;) I've also noticed stock issues since HMV disappeared too. Lots of 'sold out' stickers in the likes of Xtravision and GameStop. A strange one, but obviously a few stores are struggling to cope with increased demand!

GameStop can go to hell though, and Id have said that well before HMV closed. Mostly because the employees in my local one are the most arrogant and rude sales people I've ever come across. I've worked in retail, and know that it can be a disheartening experience, but no excuse for plain jackassery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I buy games now either with gamestops two games get it for a tenner deal or just symths/wherever has it cheapest. Really is a shame about HMV, obviously it is a generalisation, but on the whole they have some appalling staff. I bought a pre owned 3DS from them about a year and a half ago, took it home to find a crack in the screen. Went back to the store it was bought from and was told 'its not our problem'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Out on the lash again tonight and all courtesy of the revenue! Sound lads!!

Out on the lash again tonight and all courtesy of the revenue! Sound lads!!
    24543898.jpg

I'm just home now and actually I was very good! Only 5 pints all night from 8-2.30am!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm just home now and actually I was very good! Only 5 pints all night from 8-2.30am!

Such legible English from you too, was there a hole in your glass? :p

• Advertisement

I on the other hand went out last night for dinner for a friends birthday and had 4 drinks and I'm dying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement