Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    While getting rid of region locking would be nice I'd hate for piracy to kill the console like what happened with the DS. Then again it might also be nice to know there's a way to transfer your digital games to another 3DS since nintendo doesn't allow that.
    They should do what they did for the Virtual Console games by having your consoles connected to the internet for verification. But yeah, it's stupid that we have to deal with Ninty's incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Doing a system update is scary at the best times.

Bloody terrifying when its in Japanese:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if they'll add more language support later on?
    Is region locking on the console or in the games?
    So many questions!

Can you download titles from the EU online store?

What is a "Uvula" for?

Why is Repton so peerless in the genre of digging around in crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd settle for not having to turn off my firewall every time my 3DS needs to update/get something from the eshop etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's all a bit slow, the e-shop on the Wii, WiiU and 3DS.
    Nothing like the crawl on your belly through sh1te speeds of Sony though.
    But, I suppose if you factor in the length of time it takes to get to a bricks and mortar store to buy, say, New Super Mario Bros 2 it's probably much the same!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can you download titles from the EU online store?

Nope you need to buy points cards. You can get them from playasia and thankfully this week playasia started selling them for cost price rather than rip off prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Be prepared. Someone has threateningly teased this tome of a document. That's a whole lot of awful storytelling:

74237_10151494301662935_694124404_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ah, David Cage: the man you love to hate, minus the 'love to'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

no way is that one single document

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

no way is that one single document

Pah its only half the size as my "Complete guide and history of Boulder Dash"

Out in all good Bookshops*

*And most of the really bad ones as well:pac:

• Advertisement

MWYw3IP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Copy of that should be provided with every Everdrive sold !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

that chart's great and all , but not including system shock II is an instafail;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I might be a bit behind but cleared Bioshock infinite this morning....I'm now living in mind**** city! Everyone needs to play it

Spoilers, well kind of:
    I really liked the ending, i thought it was a big F you to traditional endings in games and good guys in general. I think whole game is like that though, the choices you can make, I was full sure the different lighthouses would be different endings, but it doesn't matter everything leads to the same path.

Really want to go back and play 1999 mode now and "get" all the stuff that would have went over my head

Major contender for game of the year I'd say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It is an exceedingly rare feeling to finish a game and feel intellectually challenged by it. Infinite does show how little effort other developers put into crafting a unique world and exploring intriguing themes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It is an exceedingly rare feeling to finish a game and feel intellectually challenged by it. Infinite does show how little effort other developers put into crafting a unique world and exploring intriguing themes.

I feel intellectually challenged by the likes of a new Fifa game these days, that might be for a totally different reason though.

Thats it exactly....sublime game really!

Feck and Bugger!
    The curse of ciderman strikes again!
    I was playing a bit of Bioshock Inifinte just now, for about an hour, and the screen started to corrupt on me.
    I turned the console off and felt the side of the 360, quite hot.
    So, is the machine screwed?
    I see Microsoft aren't extending warranties on the slim machines.
    Am I doomed to lose a 4th 360???
    Can I use the cloud function to save my game saves off site, so can be recovered if my console is indeed on the way out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck and Bugger!
    The curse of ciderman strikes again!
    I was playing a bit of Bioshock Inifinte just now, for about an hour, and the screen started to corrupt on me.
    I turned the console off and felt the side of the 360, quite hot.
    So, is the machine screwed?
    I see Microsoft aren't extending warranties on the slim machines.
    Am I doomed to lose a 4th 360???
    Can I use the cloud function to save my game saves off site, so can be recovered if my console is indeed on the way out?

Could be the early stages of a GPU problem, who knows.
    If you are a GOLD user, you can enable could saving & transfer local saves to the cloud. If your not a GOLD user, I don't think you can...you need to do it manually via usb
    How old is the machine? You can appeal the warranty if you have proof of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 34,588 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The best way I've found for avoiding RROD is to just not power your 360 on for months, has worked for me so far! :)

In all seriousness though, that's pretty ****ty Ciderdude, good luck getting it sorted...again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ah that's ****e luck. I assume the box has plenty of free air around it and not under an old aran jumper.
    I do have to agree with O1s1n's method as well though :)

Hold on!!!
    Seems to be a HDMI issue, I turn the TV completely off then on again and the display is fine.....
    So, now all I need is a new TV!
    Where can I get a 42" Flat Screen CRT????

Master of the Universe

Did you try a different HDMI cable? Maybe that's all that went bust?

A 42 inch flat CRT would be a sight to behold though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yeah. Wasn't there a ropey HDMI cable before? My WiiU was all wonky when I plugged it in using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Master of the Universe

I didn't realize this has been in development since 2011. How they kept it secret for so long I'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

o1s1n wrote: »
    I didn't realize this has been in development since 2011. How they kept it secret for so long I'll never know.

yeah I'm starting to feel a little foolish for thinking it would never happen when Shigsey gave all those "I'd love to do a LttP sequel on 3DS" interviews last year.

• Advertisement

Thats it,
    Im getting a 3ds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement