Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Phil Fish says he was joking when he posted that tweet and to be honest I'd kind of believe it, for how much of a twat he is nobody can be that bad. He's now telling people that if they don't want to pay $9 then just pirate it and shut up because at least you'll get to enjoy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, if you posted that you'd probably think it over later, a bit like Atavan this morning!
    But he seems to be generating an awful lot of attention given his relatively small contribution to gaming.
    But, I'd probably be more entertained listening to him telling us how stupid game designers are and how great he is than listen to Molyneaux tell us, once again, how his latest game is going to change gaming FO-EVA!!!
    Him and David Cage should probably go die in a hole somewhere.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Last night in centra I was apparantly picking up cat food and shouting that I was going to get some pussy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But, I'd probably be more entertained listening to him telling us how stupid game designers are and how great he is than listen to Molyneaux tell us, once again, how his latest game is going to change gaming FO-EVA!!!

Any excuse:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

That fecking cube is still going. You can actually pay to add more cublets back on to it and people are actually doing that!

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    That fecking cube is still going. You can actually pay to add more cublets back on to it and people are actually doing that!

Pay money to troll. Molyneaux is a genius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pay money to troll. Molyneaux is a genius.

We'll, there was that unsuccessful Fable game for the Kinect and the cancelled game that amounted to a paedo simulator..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So that's where they came from? I had always wondered who invented dogs.

Now I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone ever see this photo? Pretty cool. Seems there was an official Megadrive floppy drive in development at one point.

Md_proto_fdd.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone ever see this photo? Pretty cool. Seems there was an official Megadrive floppy drive in development at one point.

Md_proto_fdd.jpg

That looks cool, I wonder have any protos been found?

Good old sega, slapping every conceivable add on onto consoles since the 90's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got to love Chris (Simpsons Artist)

pikachu_for_on_my_shop_on_the_internet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just gotta vent here a bit, sold Zelda Twilight Princess to this guy for €45 a few days ago, and then go puts it back on adverts at a higher price straight away. what a ****!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/rare-gamecube-games-mgs-twin-snakes-tales-of-symphonia-and-3-zelda-games-free-p-p/2950047

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

just gotta vent here a bit, sold Zelda Twilight Princess to this guy for €45 a few days ago, and then go puts it back on adverts at a higher price straight away. what a ****!!!

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/rare-gamecube-games-mgs-twin-snakes-tales-of-symphonia-and-3-zelda-games-free-p-p/2950047

You sold it to him, it's now his, so he can do with it as he pleases, no?

A

Master of the Universe

RNB wrote: »

A

Missing the point I think. Of course he can do whatever he pleases with it. Still doesn't make it any less of a dick move though.

On a brighter note, he sold it for €45 as well, so there you go..... or something....

But, if you bought a copy of Radiant Silvergun off of a guy for €20, and you already had it, would you really flog it for €20?

But, if you bought a copy of Radiant Silvergun off of a guy for €20, and you already had it, would you really flog it for €20?

I'd make sweet love to it first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd make sweet love to it first.

Bringing new meaning to the phrase "used game".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

RNB wrote: »

A

Didnt there used to be a ' no profiteering' charter on adverts forbidding pretty much that? .

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Didnt there used to be a ' no profiteering' charter on adverts forbidding pretty much that? .

The admins will just tell you to call the police.

And people get sore at you for trying to sell your copy of Ibara for more than you bought it for initially :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Next GBA games to get

Zelda link to the past
    Zelda minish cap

Can't believe I sold boxed minish cap for a fiver back in the day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I think the time frame has to be taken into account. Fair enough if it's a few months down the line but throwing it up the next week is a bit cheeky.

Master of the Universe

That looks cool, I wonder have any protos been found?

Good old sega, slapping every conceivable add on onto consoles since the 90's.

Check it out, another pic. You can see the extension port connector in this one

FloppyDiskDrive_MD.jpg

Check out some of the other add ons! A drawing tablet, keyboard...modem. Looks like they were thinking about making it into a pc.

Beep_jan89_46-47.jpg

Md_proto_tablet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

cloud493 wrote: »
    Next GBA games to get

Zelda minish cap

Can't believe I sold boxed minish cap for a fiver back in the day :mad:

I bought one off ebay a while back for cheap so pretty sure its a bootleg. Works grand though, playing it at the moment on the gamecube player, enjoying it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

On a brighter note, he sold it for €45 as well, so there you go..... or something....

It's actually been traded.........for another Gamecube Zelda. I've keeping tabs of Twilight Princess on Adverts for the last eon; two in a week fly right by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's actually been traded.........for another Gamecube Zelda. I've keeping tabs of Twilight Princess on Adverts for the last eon; two in a week fly right by me.

yeah he traded it for €15 cash plus Zelda Windwaker (which the other guy wanted €40 for, and which I had sold for €40 including postage), so he did make a profit on it.

nuxxx wrote: »
    I bought one off ebay a while back for cheap so pretty sure its a bootleg. Works grand though, playing it at the moment on the gamecube player, enjoying it alot.

I sold it for five pounds to gamestation to get project rub back in the day :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I still have the original Minish Cap that I bought on release. Got it and a tribal SP the same day. What does Minish Cap fetch these days mint & cib?

I don't know exactly. 30 quid odd? Maybe more. Rage sells it unboxed for 20 so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Omni directional threadmill:

And it combined with the Oculus Rift and TF2:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement