Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I hate having to use the shoulder buttons.

Its actually painful after more than a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You use the shoulder buttons lots in Luigi's mansion as they control the hoover weapon thing. It's okay, but it's not the most comfortable thing ever.

It's amazing to think how much their shoulder button design has regressed since the original GBA. I guess we can blame the SP and the subsequent rectangle shaped electronic device design being in vogue. Apparently angled edge design is more important than comfort :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Its actually painful after more than a few mins

What a bunch of wusses!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What a bunch of wusses!

Says your man who has to ask for permission to play games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Says your man who has to ask for permission to play games :P

tumblr_m3fmu9ilii1r5c2fso1_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    tumblr_m3fmu9ilii1r5c2fso1_250.gif

1: she says yes, sometimes....
    2: stop sucking up to the cat mod!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I was going to edit that to say something rude, but I'm not going to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EnterNow a Cat Mod?????

When the fook did that happen:eek:

This place has really gone downhill lately :mad:

Sod this im off to the Boulder Dash Forum

Sparks43 wrote: »
    EnterNow a Cat Mod?????

When the fook did that happen:eek:

This place has really gone downhill lately :mad:

Sod this im off to the Boulder Dash Forum

Which reminds me, I must add boulderdash fandom as a ban-able offence here...

Which reminds me, I must add boulderdash fandom as a ban-able offence here...

Don't waste your time, I tried it but he enjoyed the attention!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Mato (the boffin that lead the translation) is the soundest chap to ever pick up a handheld; I get the impression he'd do cartwheels on a tightrope if he thinks there's a chance Ninty will bite.

In relation to the article, anyone who sums up Mother as 'quirky' strikes me as a bit of a div. It's that kinda glib ****e that makes you relate to those who're sick of hearing about this Mother malarkey.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm out on the razz tonight so apologies in advance for any drunken postings!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In future you should come up with an impossible to remember password, then send it to a trusted friend or acquaintance for them to send onto you the morning after and re-grant you access to all email / social networks / message boards.

If you're concerned about someone else having access to your account, they'd be hard pressed do any more damage than you do anyway :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    tumblr_mlkpokUmdK1qerro9o1_500.png

i wouldnt waste my time on fez let alone my money on it. the arrogant asshole

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    tumblr_mlkpokUmdK1qerro9o1_500.png
    "What was that? something about stealing? ..ah sure I'll fire up utorrent so..*"

_____
    *stealing is bad ,,mkay so dont do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

After watching Indie Game I can only concur Phil Fish is an arrogant fellow who needs to think before he speaks. And Fez, while being a generally well-made piece of software (certainly well worth a playthrough), is not the masterpiece he thinks it is. That said, I can see the frustration with those vocal members of the Internet gaming community who bemoan the price of every small or indie release, no matter what the quality of the game itself. There are lots of people out there who think 'value' in gaming is hollow shiny graphics and obscenely long running times, pacing be damned. It's an attitude I'd go as far as saying has had a negative impact on the gaming industry and the kind of games getting released at retail especially.

Of course it would be great if Fish could contribute to such a discussion more delicately - or perhaps better yet not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

resident-evil-4-merchant-meme-generator-ahhhh-i-ll-buy-it-at-a-high-price-999d9c.jpg?1335919939.jpg

Oh dear lots of drunk. I lov yis fecoum all!

• Advertisement

I/m not gloing to lires there was hot girl on girl action

9068F0C5-C2FF-458B-BA39-5E11892720AD-19123-000010FE35B12ACC_zps69435cb7.jpg

sxc mofos..

87686488-46FA-4428-B983-EF37787E0632-19123-000010FF3DA034DB_zps97f08069.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

After watching Indie Game I can only concur Phil Fish is an arrogant fellow who needs to think before he speaks. And Fez, while being a generally well-made piece of software (certainly well worth a playthrough), is not the masterpiece he thinks it is. That said, I can see the frustration with those vocal members of the Internet gaming community who bemoan the price of every small or indie release, no matter what the quality of the game itself. There are lots of people out there who think 'value' in gaming is hollow shiny graphics and obscenely long running times, pacing be damned. It's an attitude I'd go as far as saying has had a negative impact on the gaming industry and the kind of games getting released at retail especially.

Of course it would be great if Fish could contribute to such a discussion more delicately - or perhaps better yet not at all.

+1

As always Mr. Ultimate, an eloquent piece of text from your good self.

The parts of that film with Phil Fish in it were almost painful to watch, he comes across as a whiny self-obsessed arsehole. Fez looks delightful and I can appreciate the dedication he made to see it through, but I made a point of not buying it solely because of his attitude. I don't feel like I've missed out either.

Much to Phil's disgust I'm sure, I don't follow him or any other similar idiot on Twitter, but was that outburst in response to anything in particular? Or just that the world hasn't received him as the Da Vinci of the gaming world?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    +1Much to Phil's disgust I'm sure, I don't follow him or any other similar idiot on Twitter, but was that outburst in response to anything in particular? Or just that the world hasn't received him as the Da Vinci of the gaming world?

you should follow me on twitter because I'm cool. @haruto__

And also I should have sex with wimen?

Me + Sera + Retr0

IT'S OK WHEN IT'S IN A 3 WAY!

This is my faqve sing atm because lauren in amazing,,

Oh dear...
    I'm not sure which post of his I should delete first....
    The 3 way one, plus associated comment comes close.
    Plus you may be confused, just because Retr0 will be wearing a Sakura outfit will not then make it girl-girl-boy... there will still be considerable risk of willy collision.
    Just sayin'

Regarding Fez and Fish, he's not the first "auteur" to disappear up his own ego.
    But given he has released just one game of renown his self belief seems impressive but possibly ill founded.
    Let's wait and see what he releases next.
    Plus, there appears to be a certain lack of generosity in his public relationships with both his industry peers and his customers.
    It reminds me of some fellow painters of mine who are incredibly hostile to other artists, imagining they are in competition in some way, and they are somehow disgusted that their "art" is being reduced to a commodity and must be priced and sold.
    The latter is very true of those who place very high value on their work, and who are then appalled at the "low" price that the market sets and those who then proceed to haggle regardless.
    Also, the man appears to be a total tool.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »

Much to Phil's disgust I'm sure, I don't follow him or any other similar idiot on Twitter, but was that outburst in response to anything in particular? Or just that the world hasn't received him as the Da Vinci of the gaming world?

The impression I got from a glance through it is that people were complaining because you can preorder Fez on Steam for $9, a dollar off the standard price of $10 (most games do the same). Apparently a dollar was too little a discount and certain sectors of the Internet started moaning that it was a disgrace or something. Someone even called it 'a pretentious discount'.

So I can easily see how Fish got annoyed by it all. But he probably didn't need to start a public name calling match and threatening to change the price to $90 :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement