Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I was talking to someone from PM today about the effects of Brexit.
    They're quiet worried about the whole thing effecting the business.
    Whatever happens deliveries will be slower for all companies offering these services.

Yeah no surprise there, the business model depends on the fact that there is an open land border between the UK and Ireland with UK postal carriers delivering to NI as though it was physically connected to them.

Tbh Im surprised they havent been shut down already over things like people avoiding Irish customs and importing things like alcohol, medications etc... (I know their t&c's say they wont handle these things but if its not listed on the box.....).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I ordered two items about two hours apart from Amazon on Wed (Prime Day) to be delivered to Parcel Motel and expected it would be two separate shipments. Amazon seems to show two separate trackings as I would expect, but there is the same Royal Mail number on both. Can I assume they grouped the two packages? I got notification from PM that my package (not packages) has arrived at my local PM. It's over half an hour away, so would don't want to have to make a return trip if a second package arrives later. On the PM end only one parcel is shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

leck wrote: »
    I ordered two items about two hours apart from Amazon on Wed (Prime Day) to be delivered to Parcel Motel and expected it would be two separate shipments. Amazon seems to show two separate trackings as I would expect, but there is the same Royal Mail number on both. Can I assume they grouped the two packages? I got notification from PM that my package (not packages) has arrived at my local PM. It's over half an hour away, so would don't want to have to make a return trip if a second package arrives later. On the PM end only one parcel is shown.

In my experience they don't group the packages.

Nor in their defense should they be expected to if they arrive in separate boxes. Would be a huge exercise for parcel motel in fairness.

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    In my experience they don't group the packages.

Nor in their defense should they be expected to if they arrive in separate boxes. Would be a huge exercise for parcel motel in fairness.
    I wasn't expecting PM to group the two packages, but wondering if Amazon did so - the two items were shipped from same fulfillment centre in Wales and show identical tracking times to Newtownabbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I've had this happen various times in the past, even with items placed a few days apart. For example, I remember once ordering some items on day and a few others two days later and the whole lot arrived in the one box from Amazon.

I've also had orders intermixed across packages. For example, with two orders I placed one day, I had them arrive in three boxes, one with items from one order, another with items from the second order and a third box with remainder of both orders.

Despite the rather odd ways Amazon sends packages at times, so far in the hundred or so orders I placed from Amazon since 2005, I only ever had one package go missing (addressed to my house, i.e. not a Parcel Motel issue), one incorrect item and one return go missing, which coincidentally was for that incorrect item I had to return.

• Advertisement

editorsean wrote: »
    I've had this happen various times in the past, even with items placed a few days apart. For example, I remember once ordering some items on day and a few others two days later and the whole lot arrived in the one box from Amazon...
    Yes, that's what happened - Amazon grouped the two items. Very happy - just had to pay a single charge of €3.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Does anyone have a number for parcel motel ? They signed for a package last Saturday which was should have been delivered to DPD parcel wizard . I have been emailing someone in there but not getting anywhere as have no idea where the package has actually gone now !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bobbygirl wrote: »
    Does anyone have a number for parcel motel ? They signed for a package last Saturday which was should have been delivered to DPD parcel wizard . I have been emailing someone in there but not getting anywhere as have no idea where the package has actually gone now !

Try (01) 883 5442, is for Night line but they will transfer the call over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why did you do PM to PW?

nava wrote: »
    Try (01) 883 5442, is for Night line but they will transfer the call over.

Thanks will try that!

• Advertisement

Why did you do PM to PW?

Sorry not sure what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sorry not sure what you mean?

You said you sent it from parcel motel to parcel wizard!

You said you sent it from parcel motel to parcel wizard!

Sorry no I meant Royal Mail delivered it to Parcel Motel when it should have gone to Parcel Wizard :o

Do they deliver on a Saturday??

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Unless things have changed recently, it's six day delivery - no Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Do PM ever consolidate deliveries they coinside?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,535 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No, they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

They have moved our lockers in Sligo , only a little bit away... but I personally am not happy with where they have moved them too.. If I find it too much of a pain in the hole I'm gonna use the an post system instead, at least it will be handy picking up parcel in the post office, and it's a tad cheaper.

I agree Andy, it was a terrible choice of location and is a traffic accident waiting to happen. Why did they not move to Cannings supermarket across from the Sligo park--or Lidl where there's acres of space. I will also be checking out the An post system as well. I was more than happy where it was at Applegreen and had put lots of custom their way through friends of friends etc etc, and I would have used it myself maybe 50 times or more per year. Not any more !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Email at 1pm on Saturday saying that my parcel was checked in at Dublin Depot.
    It is still there and no sign of it heading to my locker in Castleknock.
    I've always had it in the locker within a few hours of Dublin check in before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I rang them there over a something I ordered from Amazon not showing up anywhere for ages and they told me they are really delayed due to the Amazon Prime Day Sale.

They actually found my package no problem but it'll be a while before it goes to the lockers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Strange. I also got an email Sat at 12.30 but my parcel was in Kings Inn Street locker at 6PM. 2nd time using PM and delighted with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

SteoL wrote: »
    Strange. I also got an email Sat at 12.30 but my parcel was in Kings Inn Street locker at 6PM. 2nd time using PM and delighted with service.

mine got delivered this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Stupid Amazon. Because of the size of their packaging, the parcel is now considered oversize and I have to collect or pay extra for home delivery :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

How did you fair out bobbygirl I emailed them this morning about a parcel that arrived Monday and I hadn't received any notification about it, but i got an email saying it had been located by my PMid and will be processed within 48hrs, no reason why it hasn't been delivered and no reason why it'll take 48hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Definitely backed up, all right. Two parcels arrived at the depot today, only one made it out to me (South Dublin) for delivery. First time that's ever happened— I'll know to avoid shopping around Prime Day in future! Worst of it all was I wasn't even using Prime...

No rush on either item for me, really, but just a heads' up for anyone needing something urgently that you might be better off contacting them to arrange a home delivery/collection.

Would be really nice if they'd bung both items into the same locker under conditions like this. I wouldn't mind paying two sets of fees if it meant I didn't have to trek back there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

I bought a few items on aliexpress and got one of the parcels yesterday. When I was ordering and putting in my card details I could't change the billing address to my home address, will the money still go through to the seller ok, I used Parcel Motel Antrim address.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Manutd623 wrote: »
    I bought a few items on aliexpress and got one of the parcels yesterday. When I was ordering and putting in my card details I could't change the billing address to my home address, will the money still go through to the seller ok, I used Parcel Motel Antrim address.

Thanks in advance.
    Same happened to me the seller still gets paid, once you confirm receipt of goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Manutd623 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

If it went through you will be OK. Very few sellers check the billing address or at least intervene - they don't want to lose a sale.

I got an email yesterday afternoon saying my parcel had arrived in the Dublin depot, but no sign of it at the collection point yet. Usually as soon as it arrives in Dublin I get it that evening, is this delay normal? I'm going away for the weekend in a few hours and won't be back until Sunday evening, I'm a bit concerned about the 48 hour window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Flying Fox wrote: »
    I got an email yesterday afternoon saying my parcel had arrived in the Dublin depot, but no sign of it at the collection point yet. Usually as soon as it arrives in Dublin I get it that evening, is this delay normal? I'm going away for the weekend in a few hours and won't be back until Sunday evening, I'm a bit concerned about the 48 hour window.

You can always give your phone number & pin to someone trusted and they might collect it if you are away when it arrives?

The backlog is not normal and it was suggested it was caused by an upsurge in shopping during the recent Amazon Prime Day.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement