Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Went to collect something this morning. It was a rather large magazine but in under it was another small packet for another PM member. I agonised over what to do but eventually decided to put in back in the locker and close it.

I took their phone number and name though just in case. Rang them but they weren't there and left a message and my PM mobile number.

Don't know what happens in this situation. Not sure if I give her my PIN can she collect it with my mobile number. Does the same locker open twice with the same PIN?

I think while you are at the locker to pick up a parcel & open the locker it does give you the option to open the locker again but once you confirm and finish I'd imagine that pin becomes unusable.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Went to collect something this morning. It was a rather large magazine but in under it was another small packet for another PM member. I agonised over what to do but eventually decided to put in back in the locker and close it.

I took their phone number and name though just in case. Rang them but they weren't there and left a message and my PM mobile number.

Don't know what happens in this situation. Not sure if I give her my PIN can she collect it with my mobile number. Does the same locker open twice with the same PIN?

You took the phone number of the person the parcel was for? Was their phone number written on the packaging or something?

Correct thing to do imo would be to just leave it there and let Parcel Motel know you are leaving it there and let them sort it out.

• You took the phone number of the person the parcel was for? Was their phone number written on the packaging or something?

Yeah written on the package. <SNIP>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: If there's any issues with any of the comments please Report them for a Moderator to review, I deleted some of the comments no relevant to the question asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 doylepad

Anyone getting delays on oversize deliveries? My parcel arrived with PM 5 days ago and I still haven't got notice to come and collect it. Every day I ring and am told there is a backlog in the warehouse and they should have notified me by tomorrow to come and collect. Frustrating :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Would love to see Parcel Motel offer a gold membership type deal with unlimited deliveries for a year for a fee e.g. €90

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi Guys,

I am looking to start using something like the parcel motel service for buying online items in the UK. I've seen it around before and always thought there was a way to get a few free stays for new customers. Any way to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Seve OB wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am looking to start using something like the parcel motel service for buying online items in the UK. I've seen it around before and always thought there was a way to get a few free stays for new customers. Any way to get this?

Please explain.:rolleyes:

• Seve OB wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Think they got rid of that once they got super popular mate. I believe it was kind of an introductory offer. I could be wrong.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Think they got rid of that once they got super popular mate. I believe it was kind of an introductory offer. I could be wrong.

You are correct no longer doing free stays, when they started they gave 3 free stays.

• Advertisement

recipio wrote: »
    Please explain.:rolleyes:

thought it was pretty self explanatory.... i'm looking for a free stay in parcel motel :rolleyes:

many thanks to the next two responders. I knew there used to be something free. do you know if anyone else does offers or what the other options are?

parcel motel
    parcel wizard
    An Post my address Pal

any others?

• There's no one else doing any freebies I'm afraid. AddressPal was €1 for its first month. DPD Parcel Wizard gave three free goes for the month of December 2015. Soz!

There's no one else doing any freebies I'm afraid. AddressPal was €1 for its first month. DPD Parcel Wizard gave three free goes for the month of December 2015. Soz!

sheers man

looking at parcel motel, they seem to have a price list up for lockers for sending stuff, but noit for receiving items. they just say to receive it is 3.95 unless it wont fit in.

is it only 3.95 for any item once it fits in any of the lockers? surely you wuld think the bigger lockers are more expensive! :confused:

• Only €3.95 for anything that fits in any of the lockers. If it's a silly size you'll have to pick it up from the depot and there's extra charges. Basically if you want it delivered straight to your home use Parcel Wizard. If you need a mainland UK address then plump for AddressPal. If you want the convenience of being able to collect it from a locker anytime within a 48 hour period without human interaction then Parcel Motel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

They have a website.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    They have a website.

I was looking at their website and I couldn't make sense of the charges.... hence I asked here :eek:
    Only €3.95 for anything that fits in any of the lockers. If it's a silly size you'll have to pick it up from the depot and there's extra charges. Basically if you want it delivered straight to your home use Parcel Wizard. If you need a mainland UK address then plump for AddressPal. If you want the convenience of being able to collect it from a locker anytime within a 48 hour period without human interaction then Parcel Motel it.

Thanks for that.

I actually just signed up to PM and the first thing I noticed was the address is in NI and not on mainland GB which I thought it would have been. Lots of times you do see that certain places don't ship to NI, or hike the price up. In those circumstances, is Address Pal the only one with a GB address?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah, AddressPal or something like that.

For most stuff, PM works.

Not your ornery onager

Used Parcel Motel Last night.

I got a shipping confirmation this morning, but the address the seller says they have shipped to has omitted my PM number.

Now this number may well be on the parcel, but it is not in the email they just sent me.

What happens when the shipper does not put the PM number on the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They usually try and contact you. If your name is really distinctive it is easy to track you, if your name is john murphy there might be duplicates. I would contact PM and tell you the address you expect it to have.

Easy to see why it would be omitted, due to PM's idiotic idea of handing out unneccesarily long addresses. Many label auto printouts would not have that many lines. Rookie mistake for an idiot, but for a courier company to do it boggles the mind.

I just notice now the newer parcel wizard are even worse, my virtual address has 8 lines in it, PM has 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I ordered a few things from amazon. They were all fulfilled by amazon in the UK. I got it sent to PM in Northern Ireland before being sent south.

Opened the box to discover one of the items burst and spilled all over the other items. I contacted amazon, thinking they would blame it on PM. They were very easy to deal with and happily sent replacements and refunded the third party items which they couldn't replace.

Delighted! I didn't want to be dealing with 2 companies blaming each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Better for you to contact them.

Happened to hubby last month. No one from Parcel Motel contacted him. He patiently waited over a week thinking the sellers shipping method was just slow. Eventually he contacted seller who had tracking to show the item had been delivered to Parcel Motel 10 days previously. So he contacted them, they located it and he had it less than 2 days later. But no attempt had been made by them to contact him.

Got a tip elsewhere

If you log into your Pm account, there is a button called Shopping Tracker where you can enter details about items you are expecting to be delivered.

If you fill it in, you keep ahead of the possie I guess, but you also get the bonus of increasing the insurance on your package from €100 to €250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Hi, my item is expected to be delivered to pm on Saturday. In the pm settings I have it set to home delivery.

I want the item as soon as possible. Am I likely to get it quicker by getting it delivered to the pm locker and maybe be able to pick it up myself Sunday. Or by getting pm to deliver it to my home?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

Hi all,
    Very similar question to above.
    My package will be arriving with PM Northern Ireland this morning. First question is do they work Saturdays? And do Royal Mail deliver Saturday's in NI like they do in England?
    If so will pm bring my parcel down to the Dublin depot and then onto my local locker today or will it be Monday?
    Basically I am asking do PM operate 7 days a week?
    Any help is appreciated! Cheers!

ColG wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My package will be arriving with PM Northern Ireland this morning. First question is do they work Saturdays? And do Royal Mail deliver Saturday's in NI like they do in England?
    If so will pm bring my parcel down to the Dublin depot and then onto my local locker today or will it be Monday?

They process the check ins and deliver on Saturday. Todays ( Saturday ) check ins will be delivered on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

recipio wrote: »
    They process the check ins and deliver on Saturday. Todays ( Saturday ) check ins will be delivered on Monday.

I'm sure they used to deliver Sundays. Do they not anymore? Ordered item myself which has been delivered to their NI depot today and expected it delivered to my locker tomorrow :-(

irishchris wrote: »
    I'm sure they used to deliver Sundays. Do they not anymore? Ordered item myself which has been delivered to their NI depot today and expected it delivered to my locker tomorrow :-(

Never had a Sunday delivery although I'm in the sticks.:rolleyes: What delivery company works seven days a week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

ColG wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any time I've had a package delivered to NI on a Saturday, it's been in my Dublin locker by that evening.

It's been a few months since anything arrived in for me on a Saturday, though, so this info may be obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

irishchris wrote: »

To answer this question for anyone wondering in future. Seems they don't do Sunday deliveries any more. Was scanned in at depot yesterda so imagine tomorrow morning it will be in my locker instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Using this service for the first time so apologies for a basic question. When I am buying the item in amazon, I entered the address:

<Name>
    <PMID>

But then amazon suggests to me to use

<Name>
    'Parcel Motel'

Which am I supposed to choose? Does it make a difference?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement