Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

One of parcels was left at a secured place yesterday morning but it's not showing on my ParcelMotel account yet. I usually get an update on the same day of delivery.
    I sent an email but no reply yet. I couldn't find any contact number on their website. Does any one know whom to contact in case?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

konline wrote: »
    One of parcels was left at a secured place yesterday morning but it's not showing on my ParcelMotel account yet. I usually get an update on the same day of delivery.
    I sent an email but no reply yet. I couldn't find any contact number on their website. Does any one know whom to contact in case?
    Thanks.

Got it sorted. Thanks/

I bought a PS3 slim on eBay but I'm wondering now if I should have used Parcel Wizard's address. The item hasn't been dispatched yet so possibly I could still change it. Are the PM lockers big enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I bought a PS3 slim on eBay but I'm wondering now if I should have used Parcel Wizard's address. The item hasn't been dispatched yet so possibly I could still change it. Are the PM lockers big enough?

Check the PM website for sizes of lockers.

Depends on the box the sender used...

As long as it's not from Amazon, it should be OK. :)

The 'big' PM locker is fairly big.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Esel wrote: »
    Check the PM website for sizes of lockers.

Depends on the box the sender used...

As long as it's not from Amazon, it should be OK. :)

The 'big' PM locker is fairly big.

Do you get charged more if you use a big locker?

• Advertisement

Nope but if it doesn't fit in a locker I will. Also I'd have to get a lift to the other side of Limerick to collect it from their depot. Pain in the bum. Parcel Wizard are a lot more accommodating to larger items.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Nope but if it doesn't fit in a locker I will. Also I'd have to get a lift to the other side of Limerick to collect it from their depot. Pain in the bum. Parcel Wizard are a lot more accommodating to larger items.

PW site state for items over the 20KG or 40 x 40 x 60(cms) limit they will accept
    ... delivery of the parcel at the UK Virtual Address and we will contact you regarding the charges for delivery. Charges will be made at DPD Ireland's tariff rate.

That's likely to be a lot more expensive pro rata - judging by the DPD UK website tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Having nothing but hassle from PM, sent me a text sat to say not enough credit in my account so I updated my CC details and no text with code. I then added credit to my account and still no code, got a text today with code and when opened it the box was empty. Then found out that they had charged my CC even tho I have credit in my account. What a joke. I will be moving to PW as soon as I get my parcel and credit back. :mad:

Anyone else have the same service?

Oh and also get emails to say parcel in Dublin will be delivered tomorrow but not always the case, it took nearly 2 weeks at xmas for a parcel to come from Dublin after making it way from the UK in 2 days. Not worth the hassle imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kellylynch

My parcel is in the Dublin Depot at the moment. On my account, beside where it says it is in the depot, there is a little camera icon, and when I click on it, it shows a strange photo of something with a big black circle across about 1/3 of the screen - does anybody know what that picture is supposed to show?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

In my account, clicking the camera icon shows a photo of the actual package. So they probably didn't place the item in front of the camera or it took the picture after they lifted the package away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

kellylynch wrote: »
    My parcel is in the Dublin Depot at the moment. On my account, beside where it says it is in the depot, there is a little camera icon, and when I click on it, it shows a strange photo of something with a big black circle across about 1/3 of the screen - does anybody know what that picture is supposed to show?!?

The photos are remarkably careless - one poster a few pages back showed a blank photo of the 'faux' background. :eek: Your item will almost certainly be the correct one nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

recipio wrote: »
    The photos are remarkably careless - one poster a few pages back showed a blank photo of the 'faux' background. :eek: Your item will almost certainly be the correct one nonetheless.

Its got to be an automated system where the computer takes the pic and occasionally the staff of "ah feck - the item wasnt on the pic spot!!" - but cant go back and redo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Quick Question oversized package is the price €7. Its a display for a computer.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Quick Question oversized package is the price €7. Its a display for a computer.

Thanks in advance.

I think it depends on the weight and size.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/
    Oversized/Overweight Parcels
    We charge by size and weight.
    Oversized/Overweight Parcels

If your parcel does not fit in the Parcel Motel, we will notify you and make alternative arrangements. Please scroll down for full details of our charges or click here to calculate the cost for your oversized/overweight parcel.

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm
    The maximum weight is 10 kg
    The following charges will apply to oversize/overweight parcels, but we recommend that you use our oversize calculator by clicking here.

Oversized / Overweight Service Under 55 kg Over 55 kg in actual or dimensional weight
    Collection at any Parcel Motel (Nightline) Depot by you, or a third party courier * €7.00 per parcel for 48 hours In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel
    Delivery to an alternative address – Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland is an option available to customers. A supplement of €7.95 in addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.95 in total per parcel A supplement of €7.00 in addition to the total Parcel Motel charge (€7.00 charge plus €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel)

Kamili wrote: »
    I think it depends on the weight and size.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/

Thanks for your answer. The box is 64 x 50 x 15 cm and the weight is 7 kg. So that should be €7.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Thanks for your answer. The box is 64 x 50 x 15 cm and the weight is 7 kg. So that should be €7.

Thanks for the help

For those dimensions it would need to tip 56KG to cost you over €7 :pac:

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

styron wrote: »
    For those dimensions it would need to tip 56KG to cost you over €7 :pac:

https://my.parcelmotel.com/Member/PriceCalculator

Sound thanks for the reply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

If I'm sending to another parcel motel member do I need to write the address in Dublin down or do I just need to shipping label?

Thank you!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

TheGunns wrote: »
    If I'm sending to another parcel motel member do I need to write the address in Dublin down or do I just need to shipping label?

Thank you!

When you go to the website you follow the steps to send to another Parcel Motel, you will need their name and PM number, it will generate the label that you need to attach to the parcel you are sending.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Quick tip, if you need to send something to someone on the cheap and they are near a locker but don't have/want a pm account, open up another in your name/partner's name etc. and set the location at the place near the person. Found it handy a couple of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Got a text to top up account @ 10:43 Saturday.
    Updated my CC details and toped up my credit on Account before Saturday morning.
    Got text Monday 8:24 to say parcel ready and Code to collect parcel.
    Called on way home Monday at 5:30 box empty.

Where is my parcell now?

Not answering emails, won't answer phone and when in live chat they went off line after I waited 30 mins for an answer. They are just stone walling me but I will not give up.

Anyone got directors email address for rither ParcelMotel or Nightline so I can complain?

m8 wrote: »
    Having nothing but hassle from PM, sent me a text sat to say not enough credit in my account so I updated my CC details and no text with code. I then added credit to my account and still no code, got a text today with code and when opened it the box was empty. Then found out that they had charged my CC even tho I have credit in my account. What a joke. I will be moving to PW as soon as I get my parcel and credit back. :mad:

Anyone else have the same service?

Oh and also get emails to say parcel in Dublin will be delivered tomorrow but not always the case, it took nearly 2 weeks at xmas for a parcel to come from Dublin after making it way from the UK in 2 days. Not worth the hassle imo.

How late does Parcel Motel check in parcels.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

How late does Parcel Motel check in parcels.

Thanks in advance.

They can check parcels anytime over night, even 2 or 3 in the morning

nava wrote: »
    They can check parcels anytime over night, even 2 or 3 in the morning

It was delivered yesterday and checked-in to parcel motel this morning. I wont have it till monday at point will I. As its oversized package.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭scheister

First time using PM. Having an item delivered to the Depot in the north then sent down south. Normally how long does it take from PM getting the item to placing it in the Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

With me (Co. Donegal), it has usually been overnight, i.e. I would receive a notification e-mail that it's in the Dublin depot, followed by an SMS the next morning that it's ready to collect.

However, I also had a few times where they took 2 to 3 days to reach the locker, especially in December and around Amazon's special days such as Prime Day, Black Friday, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

scheister wrote: »
    First time using PM. Having an item delivered to the Depot in the north then sent down south. Normally how long does it take from PM getting the item to placing it in the Motel

Usually 2 days in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In Dublin I usually get mine that night after it being delivered to the north that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭scheister

the parcel was delivered to PM yesterday according to tracking from Amazon but nothing from PM yet from what people are saying here i'm thinking i should have it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

the parcel was delivered to PM yesterday according to tracking from Amazon but nothing from PM yet from what people are saying here i'm thinking i should have it tomorrow

latest parcel arrived in Antrim on Friday morning however I received no notification until it arrived in Finglas on Monday at Lunch. Delivered to box 3 hours later - good service but it would appear no weekend service

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement