Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Anyone ordered shoes or runners using PM? Is a shoe box within the relevant dimensions?
    Cheers,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

SteoL wrote: »
    Anyone ordered shoes or runners using PM? Is a shoe box within the relevant dimensions?
    Cheers,

When receiving parcels once it fits on any of the lockers you will be ok, I shoe box will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

nava wrote: »
    When receiving parcels once it fits on any of the lockers you will be ok, I shoe box will be ok.

Sound, thanks nava. Only used it for phones so far so wasn't sure if they had bigger lockers as obviously the locker used for a phone is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is there any way to update the shopping tracker after you have made the initial entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is there any way to update the shopping tracker after you have made the initial entry?

Don't know. Maybe you could delete the whole entry and do a new one with the update?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Only ever had one issue with these in about a hundred, the thing that got me annoyed and still does it that they sent me a pin and when I opened the motel box nothing was there.

3 months on after emails and phone calls they never got back to me.

Anyone ever experienced this because in fairness I'm sure it's rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

It's possible the delivery person didn't fully close the locker door, in which case a passer-by may have spotted it and went off with the package.

Although late now, I would have thought they could check over the CCTV footage to show the delivery person loading the lockers and in turn each one being accessed as people collect their packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Trying to use PM for the first time here... Filled in Amazon address as follows:

Name
    PMID
    Address, etc.

Amazon suggested a correction to the address which would have substituted my ID for "Parcel Motel" (thus rendering it useless, I'd imagine), which I ignored. It's still saying it can't deliver to this address (in Antrim).

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Serephucus wrote: »
    Trying to use PM for the first time here... Filled in Amazon address as follows:

Name
    PMID
    Address, etc.

Amazon suggested a correction to the address which would have substituted my ID for "Parcel Motel" (thus rendering it useless, I'd imagine), which I ignored. It's still saying it can't deliver to this address (in Antrim).

Any ideas?

Is it amazon selling or 3rd party, I assume the country you have as UK, also some items only deliver to mainland UK, if you can link to the item we can have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Serephucus wrote: »
    It's still saying it can't deliver to this address (in Antrim).

Any ideas?
    what is the item, I am guessing its mainland UK only issue. They will often not ship battery containing devices to NI.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Is it amazon selling or 3rd party, I assume the country you have as UK, also some items only deliver to mainland UK, if you can link to the item we can have a look.
    rubadub wrote: »
    what is the item, I am guessing its mainland UK only issue. They will often not ship battery containing devices to NI.

That might explain things

I'll have a look for something similar. Based on what rubadub said though I might be SOL.

That's the culprit - It's worth checking alternative products as there are some lithium battery containing products that Amazon will ship to Northern Ireland and a few I've seen before they'll even send to Ireland.

For anyone that lands on the Amazon US website clicking that link, it seems like the Boards.ie Skimlinks affiliate is not processing the link properly. It should point to amazon.co.uk as shown when hovering the mouse over the link.

Good to know, thanks for the quick replies lads. I've actually just ordered a 6Ah Patriot power bank off MemoryC instead. One of the last places left based in Ireland with decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Anyone else getting a delay at Grand Canal Dock ? Im assuming its a bit clogged. Have a package at depot since tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Someone told me PM has gone up to €4.50 recently, I never got an email- is this true? If so how do you close down your account, I want to move to Parcel Wizard instead

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

its 3.95, my history says (charged today)

€4.50 is what Parcel Connect charges.

Going by Parcel Motel's website, it's still €3.95.

If you top-up by €35, they give €4.50 bonus credit (i.e. €39.50 total = 10 packages), so the €35 top-up for 10 packages works out at €3.50 per package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wackojacko11

Is anyone else having delays on from when it reaches the depot in dublin to sitting in transit for 4 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Shhhh. Don't tell them that :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sean747

When I tried to return My parcel through parcel motel. I had a problem. I scanned the barcode and put the parcel in. I didn't get to press confirm because the screen returned to the main menu. My parcel was Inside the locker but not registered for a return. Online it said the return has been created. (not in locker yet) But in reality it was inside the locker unregistered. To fix this I Printed the Parcel Motel Return label Again and went to the locker. I scanned the label and voila. The locker opened and there was the parcel that was in there unregistered. Then I closed it. Pressed confirm. And It worked. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I wonder would it have opened if you had the barcode opened on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sean747

moleyv wrote: »
    I wonder would it have opened if you had the barcode opened on your phone?
    Maybe IDK

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alan4446

What's the dimensions for one of the Parcel Motel lockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Alan4446 wrote: »
    What's the dimensions for one of the Parcel Motel lockers?

Small: 8 x 38 x 64cm
    Medium: 19 x 38 x 64cm
    Large: 41 x 38 x 64cm

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862922-What-sizes-are-the-Parcel-Motel-lockers-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Forgive me for being dense but something got signed for this morning. Does that mean it will show up in my account today or tomorrow? Gets a bit confusing with bank holidays in one country and not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If it's been signed for you should have it in next 24/48 hrs.

Yup showed up on my account around 2pm. Hopefully can pick it up on the morrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Forgive me for being dense but something got signed for this morning. Does that mean it will show up in my account today or tomorrow? Gets a bit confusing with bank holidays in one country and not the other.

90% of the time PM process my items the same day as the 3rd party makes the delivery. The odd one its day 2.

Some days I wonder what I'd do without PM. Need a rather specific bike part, too small for CRC to ship it here:
    Order 31/7
    Dispatch 1/8
    Arrival 06:32 2/8
    PM Dublin 17:18 2/8

Just waiting for my phone to buzz around 2300 when they drop it off. Only thing to top it is when I used click and collect from Amazon in London.

EDIT: 23:17, I was pretty close :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Anybody know how long it usually takes to get from Dublin depot to Mullingar? Just got an email say it arrived Dublin (7pm). Do they make runs overnight or how does it work? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement