Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

thanks everyone for the replies got the package this morning. Fairly happy with the service order the item on sunday evening and have it in my hand wednesday morning. Especially since the website would not let me get the item delivered to the republic

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

It's my first time using Parcel Motel just today aswell.

How long does it usually take for the item to appear on the Parcel Motel website on your account after they have received it? Or does it appear at all?

I'm curious as I've had something delivered to the depot in Newtownabbey this morning at about 6.20am or 3 hours ago, and I'm not seeing anything pop up under my account on the website yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

z0oT wrote: »

How long does it usually take for the item to appear on the Parcel Motel website on your account after they have received it? Or does it appear at all?

I'm curious as I've had something delivered to the depot in Newtownabbey this morning at about 6.20am or 3 hours ago, and I'm not seeing anything pop up under my account on the website yet.
    You get an email confirming it's arrival in their Dublin depot later in the day, in my experience usually around 5pm or so. You won't hear anything else until you get the email and text when it arrives at the Parcel Motel of your choice. I live in Bray, that's usually around 11pm the same day, but of course if you're much further away it'll be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What's the story with DHL delivery to PM. Some sellers on Aliexpress use DHL but delivery to Ireland can be expensive compared to UK. Some sellers deliver from UK but won't ship to Ireland. I ordered an item using PM but tracking from Ali says they are using DHL. Its down as shipped but no sign of it yet.

Alun wrote: »
    You get an email confirming it's arrival in their Dublin depot later in the day, in my experience usually around 5pm or so. You won't hear anything else until you get the email and text when it arrives at the Parcel Motel of your choice. I live in Bray, that's usually around 11pm the same day, but of course if you're much further away it'll be longer.

Thanks - sure enough I received an email from them just about 10 minutes ago. My package is now listed on my PM account up on the website along with a picture of it.

At least for the future I know that you don't receive a notification until it gets to the Dublin depot from the depot in Newtownabbey, and not when it actually arrives in Newtownabbey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Probably a silly question but just signed up today.

Gave credit card details when signing up and didn't top up account. Pre ordered a PS4 gave not out until end Sept from UK. When dispatched will my CC be debited automatically for the amount and I won't have to have funds credited?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Yeah, once your card details are registered the deduction will be made when your parcel is scanned into the system and photographed, effectively pay as you go. You can unlink it any time and prepay by top up or leave nothing and wait for the "insufficient funds in your account" message - but delays are likely with the latter.

Alun wrote: »
    Thanks - sure enough I received an email from them just about 10 minutes ago. My package is now listed on my PM account up on the website along with a picture of it.

At least for the future I know that you don't receive a notification until it gets to the Dublin depot from the depot in Newtownabbey, and not when it actually arrives in Newtownabbey.

I got a text just as I was about to leave for work today. I stopped on the way and picked it up just now.

All very smooth and easy, I'll certainly be using PM from now on.

It helps big time too, since the company I work for has now adopted the policy that no employees should ship personal items there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Is it possible to use parcel motel for next.co.uk? I thought it was an issue with their site last week so tried again this morning and it will not let me set up an account using my PM details.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Im having very bad issues with parel motel at the moment?item arrived there tuesday?but item isn't in account,every support ticket i open they close it with out responding and no live chat or phone number ? wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Im having very bad issues with parel motel at the moment?item arrived there tuesday?but item isn't in account,every support ticket i open they close it with out responding and no live chat or phone number ? wtf

I've only had good experiences with Parcel Motel but maybe try the parent company Nightline - 1890 321 890. If they can't deal with the issue then perhaps they'll give you a number to call.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I've only had good experiences with Parcel Motel but maybe try the parent company Nightline - 1890 321 890. If they can't deal with the issue then perhaps they'll give you a number to call.

I have aswell,but it seems they dont have any customer service?ill try that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

If you pay to send something to someone elses parcel motel (locker to locker), does it also cost them to receive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

No, sender only pays. Should also say it is leisurely delivery too - would undercut Nightline parent courier service otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pk10216

Looking to order a cabin suitcase Ryanair size on ebay
    Size: 55 x 35 x 20 cm

On ParcelMotel website below
    * Size & weight restrictions apply. The largest locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm.

Might be a stupid question but will this fit the lockers ? i'm guessing that the locker at its longest point is 64cm so it should fit assuming no extra packaging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Hi.

I can't log-in to my account. I've reset the password via the security question but it's actually my username and PMID that I forgot. What are my options?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorted. Got my ID from a previous Amazon order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Hi.

I can't log-in to my account. I've reset the password via the security question but it's actually my username and PMID that I forgot. What are my options?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorted. Got my ID from a previous Amazon order.

Just for info you can use your email address rather than username in the prompt.

one of my parcels is in dublin depot i think

A8STroJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

one of my parcels is in dublin depot i think

A8STroJ.jpg

The invisible spray paint again. :D . You are not the first alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Got a notification saying it arrived in the Dublin depot about 2 hours ago. I ws told then it would be out for delivery tonight. Anyone any experience with how long it normally takes for the parcel to get from there to Saggart? It arrived in Antrim around lunchtime yesterday so was hoping to have it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Got a notification saying it arrived in the Dublin depot about 2 hours ago. I ws told then it would be out for delivery tonight. Anyone any experience with how long it normally takes for the parcel to get from there to Saggart? It arrived in Antrim around lunchtime yesterday so was hoping to have it today.

From my experience they seem to deliver in the small hours around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

degsie wrote: »

From my experience they seem to deliver in the small hours around Dublin.
    Good to know, thanks. Have to travel tomorrow so wouldn't even mind picking it up stupidly late if I knew it would be there :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Is it possible to use parcel motel for next.co.uk? I thought it was an issue with their site last week so tried again this morning and it will not let me set up an account using my PM details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So ordered some alcohol off Ebay and stupidly didn't realise it was prohibited by Parcel Motel.

It's being held by Customs. What do I do now??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So ordered some alcohol off Ebay and stupidly didn't realise it was prohibited by Parcel Motel.

It's being held by Customs. What do I do now??

Wish them a Happy Xmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,
    Regular enough user of PM. Got my notification txt on Sat, went to the PM location(Tesco Ennis). Put in my number and PIN, door attempted to open but would not. Tried it again and same issue. Door would not open. Made some mechanical sounds as if trying to open but no success.

Rang the helpline number and told him my problem. He confirmed all my details were ok. Said the door was jammed, only morning collections on a Sat, so he would send an email to ensure it was collected on Monday and put into another locker. No sign of any notification yesterday and today.

What to do??
    Please don't tell you will be recharging for another delivery.

Regs

MOD <snip PM number>

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Regular enough user of PM. Got my notification txt on Sat, went to the PM location(Tesco Ennis). Put in my number and PIN, door attempted to open but would not. Tried it again and same issue. Door would not open. Made some mechanical sounds as if trying to open but no success.

Rang the helpline number and told him my problem. He confirmed all my details were ok. Said the door was jammed, only morning collections on a Sat, so he would send an email to ensure it was collected on Monday and put into another locker. No sign of any notification yesterday and today.

What to do??
    Please don't tell you will be recharging for another delivery.

Regs

MOD <snip PM number>

No they won't charge you again as was their fault, if they did you can contact them for a refund.

MOD: I removed your PM number from the post as no PM reps in Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

hi does anyone know roughly how long it takes for a parcel to be checked in at their ni depo after it has been dropped off there, as got email from courier saying it was delivered at 9.30am this morning but have yet to hear anything from parcel motel to say they have received it even? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

hi does anyone know roughly how long it takes for a parcel to be checked in at their ni depo after it has been dropped off there, as got email from courier saying it was delivered at 9.30am this morning but have yet to hear anything from parcel motel to say they have received it even? thanks

They check it in when it hits Dublin as far as i know, usually later on in the evening if it gets delivered to NI in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

moonboy52 wrote: »
    They check it in when it hits Dublin as far as i know, usually later on in the evening if it gets delivered to NI in the morning.

ah thats perfect, forgot they have a dublin depo also to check it in at, thanks for the help and quick reply there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement