Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Using this service for the first time so apologies for a basic question. When I am buying the item in amazon, I entered the address:

<Name>
    <PMID>

But then amazon suggests to me to use

<Name>
    'Parcel Motel'

Which am I supposed to choose? Does it make a difference?

The sequence doesn't matter but you must put the PMID in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

recipio wrote: »
    The sequence doesn't matter but you must put the PMID in somewhere.

They are not changing the sequence though - they are replacing PMID with "Parcel Motel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Using this service for the first time so apologies for a basic question. When I am buying the item in amazon, I entered the address:

<Name>
    <PMID>

<Name>
    'Parcel Motel'

Put it in as part of your name. Amazon are going off doing address lookups which will lose the relevant bit you need in the address. So put it in as part of your name to keep it.

Well, my own account with Amazon has ' PMID Parcel Motel' in one line - can you insert it like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

recipio wrote: »
    Well, my own account with Amazon has ' PMID Parcel Motel' in one line - can you insert it like that ?

my address is entered as

Parcel Motel PMID 22222

I think you are better having the PMID first though, so they are less likely to drop it.

Mine also autodetected the address from the postcode and I had to change it. They do not have enough lines to put in the address which the idiots in parcel motel came up with. Most online forms do not have that many lines available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

<Name>
    <PMID>

<Name>
    'Parcel Motel'

I have my name and PMID number on the same line

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

according to email i received today my parcel apparently has arrived at the PM Dublin depot - I think they have sprayed it with invisible paint :D
    13230097_10209059343294595_2523252781126745855_n.jpg?oh=d876981f8a29b6dd7edaba725c20a7bd&oe=57D00249

LOL :D God, how I wish they would get a new background.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

http://my.parcelmotel.com/Customer/CheckInImage/2434813 And this is my package from today! The angle of camera isn't the best😄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

If a package was received to the Dublin PM headquarters this morning is there any chance it'll get to my PM locker (Dundalk) today or is it at least 24hrs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Duff wrote: »
    If a package was received to the Dublin PM headquarters this morning is there any chance it'll get to my PM locker (Dundalk) today or is it at least 24hrs?

You could be lucky. Ive got stuff in 6 hours or less before. Other times 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Ya if it's in the early afternoon you were told it was in dublin depot you might have it tonight l. I've gotten texts at 10/11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Props to PM working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dioni

Hi,
    I have some difficulties ordering from Amazon (Prime/Free Delivery to UK) to Parcel Motel. I ordered before with no problems.
    Delivery addresses: s33.postimg.org/i1tc99ib3/Amazon1.png
    Error: s33.postimg.org/6s57s22nj/Amazon2.png
    I tried to update delivery address (Name Surname PM, PM Name Surname, etc.) but no joy. What I am doing wrong?

Sorry for the pictures links. I am a new user, so I cannot post with images.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭bren2001

dioni wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have some difficulties ordering from Amazon (Prime/Free Delivery to UK) to Parcel Motel. I ordered before with no problems.
    I tried to update delivery address (Name Surname PM, PM Name Surname, etc.) but no joy. What I am doing wrong?

I could be wrong but I don't think Amazon ship cologne to NI, British Mainland only. You could look into the An Post service and see if they will take it.

Hi,
    I have some difficulties ordering from Amazon (Prime/Free Delivery UK) to Parcel Motel. I ordered before with no problems.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I don't think Amazon ship cologne to NI, British Mainland only. You could look into the An Post service and see if they will take it.

Thanks, I will check this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

dioni wrote: »
    Hi,

You cant buy perfume from amazon.co.uk to NI or Ireland. Go to the boots UK website ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭styron

It's not you, mainland only restriction apply on certain items including perfume:
    The following items may only be delivered to addresses within mainland UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal, some addresses in Denmark, or Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Monaco, or Vatican City (Holy See):
    Aerosols.
    Many beauty items including hair dyes, perfumes, nail polish and mascara.
    Certain batteries.
    Combustible, explosive, flammable, or corrosive materials.
    Cleaners or fuel.
    Certain sunscreens.
    Some alcohol-based products including marker pens (excluding alcoholic beverages).
    Certain insecticides.
    Certain adhesives.
    Air fresheners.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930

You could try An Post's Address Pal - it's a mainland UK location. Perfume is on the excluded list ... but how will they find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gaelmart

It was hit by lighting 8 months ago and instead of replacing it like I suggested they insist on pissing about, it's constantly broke. Major ****ing pain in the ass.

No compensation, nothing. "Take day of work and drive 80 miles" was their only solution.
    Pissed of paying for companies mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Parcel Motel megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Gaelmart wrote: »
    It was hit by lighting 8 months ago and instead of replacing it like I suggested they insist on pissing about, it's constantly broke. Major ****ing pain in the ass.

No compensation, nothing. "Take day of work and drive 80 miles" was their only solution.
    Pissed of paying for companies mistakes.

can you use DPD's Parcel Wizard instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

styron wrote: »
    You could try An Post's Address Pal - it's a mainland UK location. Perfume is on the excluded list ... but how will they find out?

Customs dogs trained to sniff out contraband?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Just received a Parcel which was sent to me Motel to Motel, the guy put it into his local Motel in WestMeath on Monday Evening and it took until this morning (Friday Morning) to reach me in Killarney. 4 days? I only had a Motel to Motel delivery once before and it took over a week but I blamed that on the Christmas rush at the time.

What is other peoples experiences of Motel to Motel internal deliverys by Parcel Motel like? It wasn't time sensitive and I was expecting it to be slow, but I'm wondering is this the norm or exception, based on others experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just received a Parcel which was sent to me Motel to Motel, the guy put it into his local Motel in WestMeath on Monday Evening and it took until this morning (Friday Morning) to reach me in Killarney. 4 days? I only had a Motel to Motel delivery once before and it took over a week but I blamed that on the Christmas rush at the time.

What is other peoples experiences of Motel to Motel internal deliverys by Parcel Motel like? It wasn't time sensitive and I was expecting it to be slow, but I'm wondering is this the norm or exception, based on others experiences?

I wouldn't call that bad.
    Pick up in WM Monday evening or more likely Tuesday( depending on time it was put in the box and van arriving). Back to Dublin Tuesday evening.Sorting Tuesday night/Wednesday. Out for delivery with other calls en route Thursday. Drop to Killarney Thursday night and you pick up Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i found it slow as well. parcel seems to have to go to the main depot and then sent out again, and p.m seem also slow to collect once its left into a box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Has anyone ordered off the Argos UK ebay outlet and used Parcel Motel? It says in delivery info on the Argos ebay site that delivery to a PO box isn't allowed.

Cheers for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has anyone ordered off the Argos UK ebay outlet and used Parcel Motel? It says in delivery info on the Argos ebay site that delivery to a PO box isn't allowed.

Cheers for any help!

It's not going to a PO box, it's going to either the Parcel Motel depot in Finglas or Belfast. It's not an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some people had trouble with ordering from some places as the needed a UK credit card, argos are possibly one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement