Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

mikom wrote: »
    Hold on, hold on................ I was promised no more drug overdoses once prohibition came in...

Huh?

I'd revise my notes if I were you.

Please, I would love to hear your reasoning on how drug prohibition caused three guys to take too much drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I'm heading to Florence tonight and the only thing worrying me is the mud, no way will there be even half the element there was last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MagicSean wrote: »
    Please, I would love to hear your reasoning on how drug prohibition caused three guys to take too much drugs.

*removes others words from mouth*

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

http://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-three-males-dead-swedish-house-mafia-overdose-513781-Jul2012/

Thats 3 confirmed dead and Ill bet theres more to come

MCD have alot of explaining to do

This has diaster written all over it

And it seems drugs was biggest killer second to stabbings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There have been a few posts saying MCD and DCC are trying to hush the media etc. it should be noted that DCC have no jurisdiction over the park. That's the OPW's responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Dance music concerts in Ireland -> scummy druggie knacker types

Dont see this problem at any of these type of concerts on the continent, if anything they seemed quite chilled out and fun.

Turns me off going to any decent dance acts in Ireland tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Was anybody expecting anything else?

SHM is out of your face music which appeal to our tracksuit clad, pill popping knife wielding inner city folk and their suburban cousins.

At least with Oxygen it kept the scum confined for 3 days to reek havoc onto themselves. Not having a sleep over and releasing thousands of people into our city centre with our poor transport system and our shortage of garda/ambulances was surely a recipe for disaster.

The Dublin City council workers who organised this should be sacked and probably should charged with having blood on their hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

leonidas83 wrote: »

Dont see this problem at any of these type of concerts on the continent, if anything they seemed quite chilled out and fun.

Absolutely wrong in my experience. I've been heavily involved in the electronic scene in Ireland for years. I've been to gigs all over this country and have never seen a violent incident.

It's all about the gigs you go to, much like anything else, certain acts etc will attract a certain element.

It's pointless to tar an entire and varied scene with one brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

kevmol88 wrote: »

Exactly, it's got nothing to do with young people or today's generation or the music. I've not read the whole thread, but I'm sure there's some gob****e here just to say it's the fault of trance/dance music. People take drugs/alcohol and do stupid things or even die. That's their responsibility as an individual, not the collective responsibility of music genres or young people. It wouldn't surprise me to see some similarly moronic, backward, parish pump councilor/TD/Seanad member to come and say how bad young people are becoming and how live music should be banned and Jesus will save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

token101 wrote: »
    I'd almost guarantee this was the draw for 90% of the people that went. Why should they be put off by the rest? There's probably thugs hanging around outside your local supermarket aswell, but you still have to go shopping.

I understand what you mean and while I do agree....

But what I mean is.... well here is an example. Lets take avoiding a kip of a pub. You know scumbags will be there. Fights or s*it happening is likely. I would avoid that pub and go somewhere else.

I worked a good few gigs with Sword Security and maybe thats just put me off gigs. People off their face drunk or high. People just looking to have fights. The amount of girls I've seen just trip over themselves. Scumbag shapers. The whole thing is just off-putting.

Thats why for me, looking at the concert on the surface. Why the hell go you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:) I know what joe duffy be on about tomorrow ;) It was all the rain joe i swear it :)

Exactly, it's got nothing to do with young people or today's generation or the music. I've not read the whole thread, but I'm sure there's some gob****e here just to say it's the fault of trance/dance music. People take drugs/alcohol and do stupid things or even die. That's their responsibility as an individual, not the collective responsibility of music genres or young people. It wouldn't surprise me to see some similarly moronic, backward, parish pump councilor/TD/Seanad member to come and say how bad young people are becoming and how live music should be banned and Jesus will save us.

Wasn't it ever thus........

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint. --- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

leonidas83 wrote: »

It only seems to be the acts in the charts that attract these knobs though.

I've gone to plenty of techno, house etc gigs and you never see this happening. It only seems to happen when there's the likes of deadmau5, rhianna and all those knacker magnet music purveyors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Reports of nine stabbed now. Also they believe there was more than one person responsible...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/nine-stabbed-at-swedish-house-mafia-concert-in-phoenix-park-3161699.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Was anybody expecting anything else?

SHM is out of your face music which appeal to our tracksuit clad, pill popping knife wielding inner city folk and their suburban cousins.

Stereotyping's class! Next you'll be telling us that all internet users are virgins with bad acne.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    The Dublin City council workers who organised this should be sacked and probably should charged with having blood on their hands!

There's no words for how stupid this is.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

I suppose on a positive note there won't be gigs in there anymore.

Hope no one died though

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Varied wrote: »

I've gone to plenty of techno, house etc gigs and you never see this happening. It only seems to happen when there's the likes of deadmau5, rhianna and all those knacker magnet music purveyors.

exactly, this is what i was saying earlier. seth troxler played dublin on friday, i didnt hear of any trouble, hes voted the number 2 dj in the world by resident advisor but i bet most of these shm fans wont have even heard of him.

Apparently because concert promoters MCD have put pressure on the guards, hospitals, media (including all international media outlets) to hush it up because theres no Oxygen festival this year and they need the money. Sounds highly plausible.

Well it's been reported in the media. When it's dodgy junk killing people they put the alert out pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

kegzmc wrote: »
    I suppose on a positive note there won't be gigs in there anymore.

Hope no one died though

1 did sadly.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0708/stabbing-phoenix-park-concert.html
    Meanwhile, gardaí are also appealing for information on the identity of a man who was at the concert but died in Connolly Hospital last night.

doesnt say he was stabbed tho.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

Any announcements yet about the 4 that died from drug overdose?

• Advertisement

3<0? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Varied wrote: »

dave clarke, richie hawtin etc can attract their own fair share of **** and knackers too

One of the guys who died from an OD sought medical attention himself, that sounds very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

http://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-three-males-dead-swedish-house-mafia-overdose-513781-Jul2012/

This post is almost as bad as the sensationalist ****e in the link.

Only one of those deaths is mentioned as being at the gig. I'm sure two further ODs on any given Saturday in a city of 1.4 million people wouldn't be mentioned in the media but ah sure, f*ck it, we'll lump it in with the one at the gig. Guilt by asociation, it's all MCD's fault..blah, blah, blah, Joe

Second biggest killer compared to stabbings? Got a link to how many actually died from stabbings because I can't find it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭fiacha

How can you hold the promoter responsible for people taking drugs ?

I stayed out walking around my estate last night to keep an eye on my elderly neighbors (a lot of them were worried after the hoards of drunken teens messing on their way to the gig).

I chatted to a couple of dozen people on their way home, and they all had a great time there. None had seen violence first hand, but they all had stories to tell about it.

They were all in great form (and knackered from dancing) and there as no hassle from them on their way home.

As usual, all the focus is on the small minority who caused trouble.

I don't want to make light of the deaths and injuries last night, but the same thing happens all over the country every week.

Fair play to the tens of thousands of people who went there yesterday to party and behaved themselves (within reason :D)

Collie D wrote: »

This post is almost as bad as the sensationalist ****e in the link.

Only one of those deaths is mentioned as being at the gig. I'm sure two further ODs on any given Saturday in a city of 1.4 million people wouldn't be mentioned in the media but ah sure, f*ck it, we'll lump it in with the one at the gig. Guilt by asociation, it's all MCD's fault..blah, blah, blah, Joe

Second biggest killer compared to stabbings? Got a link to how many actually died from stabbings because I can't find it. :rolleyes:

Well you go enjoy yourself with your fellow revellers who like to stab people and take rat poisin

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Well you go enjoy yourself with your fellow revellers who like to stab people and take rat poisin

Wow.

One of the guys who died from an OD sought medical attention himself, that sounds very odd.

Probably a regretted suicide attempt with prescription drugs in some cosy flat.

But it will probably be put down to those darn druggies........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Stereotyping's class! Next you'll be telling us that all internet users are virgins with bad acne.

i'd say SHM, Pitbull, Snoop, all that dirt etc appeals to a lot of young people, good and bad but... particularly appealing to... KNACKERS!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement