Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Kiera wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with these people?

Well we can start with their taste in music and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Agreed. for a concert that size, 7 stabbed is a high incidence, it is how ever a minortity. It does see to be that the Dance Music, and Rap/Hip-Hip does seem to be attracting a scummier element of society in this country, however not everyone who listen to Swedish House Mafia are scumbags. I had family at last nights event, and some members of my immediate family have also seen them and listen to them, neither are are assoicated with scumish behaviour, and if I thought for a moment they were, neither would be very long waiting to be put in their place by either my self of there own family members.
    Pedant wrote: »
    Why are some people allowed to buy knives?

Why are they allowed to buy glass bottles? This was what was used last night.
    With no oxegen that crowd is set to converge on electric picnic this year, regular goers will be in for a big shock!

The Picnic has usally always attracted a different crowd, with the majority of their music being a differenet genre, and hopefully will continue to do so. You didn't see any trouble like this at the Stone Roses in the week, and are unlikely to see it tonight at the Florence and the Machine/Snow Patrol gig tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I bet you're all looking for photos of a girl in silver wellies :p

A bit of help wouldn't go a miss.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've no idea who Sweedish House Mafia are. I thought Snoop Dog was r&b?!

Anyway, if the reports are true, that's very sad.
    R.I.P. to those who died, and I hope those stabbed are okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Well we can start with their taste in music and go from there.

Well judge, my client comes from a broken home and has struggled with alcohol addiction since a young age. He became hooked on drugs as a vulnerable young man when they were given to him by a friend. His life spiralled out of control but he has been trying to better himself in the last few months. He has been attending AA meetings and we have a note from Sister Givesa**** to confirm this. Unfortunately last night he fell off the wagon due to the company he kept while attending the concert. He is both ashamed and remorseful for his actions and we request you consider community service as an appropriate punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

MagicSean wrote: »
    Well judge, my client comes from a broken home and has struggled with alcohol addiction since a young age. He became hooked on drugs as a vulnerable young man when they were given to him by a friend. His life spiralled out of control but he has been trying to better himself in the last few months. He has been attending AA meetings and we have a note from Sister Givesa**** to confirm this. Unfortunately last night he fell off the wagon due to the company he kept while attending the concert. He is both ashamed and remorseful for his actions and we request you consider community service as an appropriate punishment.

Well, MagicSean, thankfully I understand that your client is capable of falling off the wagon and I do believe his sniggering and laughing at me and the court does indeed show the young man is remorseful.
    So he may be given a suspended sentence and will serve one month.

What's that? He wanted to go out with the boys to get stoned and drunk
    and beat some civilians up?
    Oh, of course, he should be allowed to celebrate his suspended sentence. Enjoy your law breaking later on and I'll be sure to suspended your sentence again. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

They are essential in the process of preparing food for cooking, and subsequent eating of that food.

nurf nurf

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Any news on what drugs the 3 people who overdosed were doing? It's not often you hear of someone overdosing on pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

there was no mention of deaths on the rte news at 1pm just now

where is the source?

the 7 stabbings was in the headline.

Knew there would be big trouble at this.. swedish house mafia are cheese in the dance/electronic scene and they attract some scum aswel as normal folk. aswel there was always going to be loads of youngers gettin wrecked and in gangs and in this country when there all in the same area this crap occurs

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Yea its definatly not just a Dublin thing. Im old enough to remember the lovely affair that was planet love in fairyhouse years ago. It wasnt much of a love fest I can tell you! Whoever stabbed these people though need to by wiped out. Who needs people like that in society. I dont by the "comes from a rough area" either I come from a rough area but Im not going around stabbing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Zascar wrote: »
    Any news on what drugs the 3 people who overdosed were doing? It's not often you hear of someone overdosing on pills.

Any news that people died, either from a stabbing or an OD. Cant see any links or news for it.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hard men complex fuelled by alcohol

True and there is nothing hard about these chicken shíts who brandish knives.

if its true i bet its more to do with a comobination of things and probably mainly drink that did it. no mention of this on the rte news at 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

madma wrote: »
    if its true i bet its more to do with a comobination of things and probably mainly drink that did it. no mention of this on the rte news at 1

http://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-three-males-dead-swedish-house-mafia-overdose-513781-Jul2012/

Link to article on overdoses on Journal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ah, I wondered where all the welly clad scummers were headed. Neilstown was eerily quiet yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I've worked probably 40 events of this size before, I'm doubting there were 7 stabbings, maybe 7 people got cut by sharp objects, but I doubt all were stabbings.

the number reported is lower than the actual tally from last night

• Subscribers Posts: 41,006 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

madma wrote: »

Only one confirmed to be associated with being at the concert. The other two have no association confirmed... Could have been 'overdose' due to other factors...

eviltwin wrote: »

just reading a few comments on that journal page and someone mentions a garda friend confirmed the deaths to him yesterday.. crazy the amount of bad news. r.i.p to them

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

MCD are putting huge pressure on guards and media to keep hush hush about last nights diaster in the park.

Literally everyone I know who was there or round the outshirts that they witnessed pure hell at this ' gig'

Young girls overdosing

Girl had her face ripped off by broken bottle

People randomly stabbed

Thousands of drunk teenagers and older adults who should know better puking, fighting, mass littering and generally causing havoc for surrounding neighbourhoods

Sex being had openly here and there

MCD and DCC obviously dont want this bad publicity as they need make up for not having oxygen this year and as result they inflicting this horror on Community around the park.

And MCD do have tendency to bully people through the courts for exposing crap that goes on at their events.

There should be outright ban on any events being held in the Phoenix Park again

It will save lifes and give peace of mind to residents who had put up with that choas yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Look at the state of the place ..some ended up with Mad Cow Disease :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

A dose of conscription would sort a lot of these lads out. Instead of fannying around with jungle music and playing with knives, give them a bayonet and a real jungle I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Festy wrote: »
    Apparently this is from last night but not confirmed. Totally NSFW or children or anyone really: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150943704707986&set=a.374471682985.156529.294495217985&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf -

:eek:

Yep, thats exactly the face she was making :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

A dose of conscription would sort a lot of these lads out. Instead of fannying around with jungle music and playing with knives, give them a bayonet and a real jungle I say.

If Swedish House Mafia played Jungle the gigs would be a lot better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You realise we aren't a war-going country don't you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RTE have upped the tally of stabbings to nine, and one death. Sounds like absolute anarchy.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0708/stabbing-phoenix-park-concert.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I think he meant drop them in a jungle with a bayonet and see what one lasts the longest. Winner gets to come back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Doesnt atter send these ""tough" guys into a real danger situation and let them be exposed for the animals they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Jungle music???????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah whatever Pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

DominoDub wrote: »
    Look at the state of the place ..some ended up with Mad Cow Disease :eek:

He won't be eating any wham or stinger bars for a few days.... or crusty bread for that matter.

Way to much drink mixed with pills. Where are his friends?! Did he not want to remember the gig?

Would people ever cop onto themselves.

• Advertisement

RTE have upped the tally of stabbings to nine, and one death. Sounds like absolute anarchy.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0708/stabbing-phoenix-park-concert.html

its like hearing about a disaster where the numbers get higher throughout the day

the number will probably hit 20 by tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement