Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Buttonftw wrote: »
    One of the guys who died from an OD sought medical attention himself, that sounds very odd.

They'll often stagger into the medical tents at these kinds of gigs and complain of being breathless or having palpitations etc and it's usually because they took not one or two E tablets but 5,6,7 or they took a 'bit of speed and a couple of pills' I remember a fella telling me before that he took twenty cos they were '****e' no need to say what his ECG looked like!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Why are people blaming drugs? In how many other countries can you guide yourself to a gig by following the trail of passed-out-drunk kids?

people are blaming drugs because of ignorance. they dont know anything about drugs because they havent tried them so it must be the drugs that causes the trouble, not the drink anyway because then they would also be users of this substance like the troublemakers.
    people in this thread have been blaming pills and even weed for the carry on, clearly they dont know what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Eh... the 3 supposedly dead due to drug overdoses would probably be the reason! :confused:

Were they the ones which done the stabbings guv'ner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

On a humourous note a bomb could have been dropped on the Park last night

It would have massively dropped the unemployment rate

And the crime rate, social welfare claimants, prison population and overall public order problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Real Life wrote: »
    people are blaming drugs because of ignorance. they dont know anything about drugs because they havent tried them so it must be the drugs that causes the trouble, not the drink anyway because then they would also be users of this substance like the troublemakers.
    people in this thread have been blaming pills and even weed for the carry on, clearly they dont know what they do.

I don't want to start an argument but if you honestly are trying to say drugs aren't at fault, you're insane.

Sure, alcohol is at fault. But it's at fault along with drugs and general scumbag actions.

You can't just say "nope, it was all the alcohol, the drugs didn't matter at all".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

MagicSean wrote: »
    And the crime rate, social welfare claimants, prison population and overall public order problems.

Oh, just f*ck off! 45,000 there last night. I'm sure the vast majority were decent kids trying to have a good night.

mikom wrote: »
    I don't know what we are debating here to be honest. :o
    If it was an overdose due to a certain drug type/quantity then the information should be released for the publics safety.

I said that the one at the gig was concerning because the guy who died sought medical attention. The only kind of "OD" involving illegal drugs that would be like that is something that there should be massive warnings about. Maybe the other 2 are unrelated but that one is a real headscratcher and if it's what I'm thinking there should be a warning put out. I think the body's unclaimed so that may be delaying things.

So... the population of prision are allowed to attent concerts now?
    I might have to go to the Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I don't want to start an argument but if you honestly are trying to say drugs aren't at fault, you're insane.

Sure, alcohol is at fault. But it's at fault along with drugs and general scumbag actions.

You can't just say "nope, it was all the alcohol, the drugs didn't matter at all".

I believe scumbags were at fault

Collie D wrote: »
    Oh, just f*ck off! 45,000 there last night. I'm sure the vast majority were decent kids trying to have a good night.

Where you there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Pov06 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted, but...

WARNING, OVER 18's ONLY!

Only 3,806 times. And it was in T in the Park.

1210m5g wrote: »
    I believe scumbags were at fault
    Haha yeah true point
    Where you there?
    Where you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Its not stereotyping its fact,in the 00's/90's did you ever hear of stabbings taking place at concerts?Im sure when the full story comes out,they will have found they had been out of their mind on substances that you wouldnt have had so easily got in the 90's/00's as it was all E's then,but now its head shop gear and crack(drugs has always been there,but its getting worse for stuff that you wouldnt even hear of,and ive done a study on poly drug use,and its on the increase in ireland,ie kids blind drunk and stoned,getting aggressive)..Im not saying oh its the youth of today etc,im saying its the drugs of today,its totally different now..

If you think the "youth of today" are regularly using Crack you really have no sense of what is going on. I'm 20, know plenty of lads who've smoked weed / hash, taken pills and 1-2 who've snorted coke but never have I heard of someone taking crack. In all honesty I don't even know where I could find it, the other 3 mentioned I could have in an hour with little problem.

The people who did it are to blame, not alcohol, not drugs.
    They'll often stagger into the medical tents at these kinds of gigs and complain of being breathless or having palpitations etc and it's usually because they took not one or two E tablets but 5,6,7 or they took a 'bit of speed and a couple of pills' I remember a fella telling me before that he took twenty cos they were '****e' no need to say what his ECG looked like!
    Do they usually die though? I've seen people take way too much, certainly couldn't have sought medical attention themselves and didn't really need it.

So... the population of prision are allowed to attent concerts now?
    I might have to go to the Joy.

People on temporary release or bail are not prevented from going to a concert. And of course i was also including future prisoners

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Where you there?

Nope, I like to think I have a semi-decent taste in music. Were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I was in the pub with a couple of friends last night when a load of people who had been at the gig came in (off a hired coach). We got talking to some of them, and they said there had been a couple of rows at the entrance when they were going in.
    They went on to say that they saw a few or more getting pulled over by the Gardaí, and some were just getting told to calm down, and stop causing trouble. One row was right at the actual entrance, in front of security, and a guy that was with a girl, got a "couple of smacks in the face". The security split it up, separated them, and let all involved in to the concert.. :eek::confused:
    One of my friends asked, was it serious, or were they exaggerating, and was told, serious - yes, exaggerating - no. There didn't seem to be any blood, but he did take what seemed to be a couple of hard hits to the head/face, from two guys.

Do they tickets not say "The management have the right to refuse admission."?
    Why were these allowed to continue in to the concert?

That is shocking bad, i mean, wtf were the security guards at?

People on temporary release or bail are not prevented from going to a concert. And of course i was also including future prisoners

You're such a treat.
    "Anyone attending the concert will end up in prision". Not to mention the common sense of "they're not in prision but we'll count them amongst the population".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

anhedonia wrote: »
    token101 wrote: »
    I've not read the whole thread, but I'm sure there's some gob****e here just to say it's the fault of trance/dance music.

Id say its way more Trance's fault than any decent dance music like prog or deep house.

Trance really brings out the E-tard in people.

I don't agree at all, seen some killings at prog gigs over the years, including some lad coming into a place to bash a dj who owed him money, lol

You get scum everywhere, no matter what gig, it just has to be handled right at the time...

Haha yeah true point

Where you?

I was in the park. Hardly going to waste money buying a ticket for a scumfest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

No one knows what the scumbag/s who carried out the stabbings were on, in fact there's filth out there that wouldnt need drink or drugs to do it anyway! In my opinion it was an already dodgy character made even worse by some kind of drug.

You're such a treat.
    "Anyone attending the concert will end up in prision". Not to mention the common sense of "they're not in prision but we'll count them amongst the population".

You put those sentances in quotation marks. Do you know what quotation marks are for?

I was in the park. Hardly going to waste money buying a ticket for a scumfest.
    Lovely, so everyone there is a scumbag?
    You put those sentances in quotation marks. Do you know what quotation marks are for?
    Yes, do you know what over-exgeration and blatant bulls**t is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Why would the prison population have dropped? Just think about that for a second. Are they doing day release to the Phoenix Park now? Maybe you meant to say 'potential prison population'? It's equally as f*cking daft, but at least shows a semblance of logical thought. Think before you type. It helps.
    Id say its way more Trance's fault than any decent dance music like prog or deep house.

I'd say you haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Yep, the Swedish HOUSE Mafia, massive trance following. The only reason trance had the scum following was because it was the most popular since the late 90s. Now it's house and they'll have to deal with it.

SHM have all played gigs individually in Ireland with no trouble before (and with a very low attendance). Pharell sings over one of their songs and suddenly everyone's a fan. If Rihanna sang over a Richie hawtin song the same thing would happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

People blaming weed and pills for any fights last night make me laugh. Smoke weed and you wont be able to fight. Take pills and you'll be too loved up to want to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Melion wrote: »
    People blaming weed and pills for any fights last night make me laugh. Smoke weed and you wont be able to fight. Take pills and you'll be too loved up to want to fight.

It does make it easier to filter out the people that haven't a clue what they're talking about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Can I just point out something, how many were at this ****e last night? 45,000? It would be safe to say 99% of those there had/have no interest in Swedish House Mafia. It was just an excuse to get 'out of it' and make up for no Oxygen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

KingK wrote: »
    Can I just point out something, how many were at this ****e last night? 45,000? It would be safe to say 99% of those there had/have no interest in Swedish House Mafia. It was just an excuse to get 'out of it' and make up for no Oxygen

And you know this how?
    Why didnt they go on Thursday night instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

oh piss off.

I was at the gig last night, yes i was on drugs, the only altercation i had was putting my arms around random people all loved up, and 9am tomorrow ill be back beihind the office desk working 9-5 paying my taxes like everyone else.

Dont tar everyone with the same brush.

On a serious note, I hope the people stabbed ok. and for the folks who overdosed...they only wanted a good time like everyone else. god help their families.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement