Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Zascar wrote: »
    Any news on what drugs the 3 people who overdosed were doing? It's not often you hear of someone overdosing on pills.

It was a warm day, the gig was outdoors and the Irish love to drink booze. Severe dehydration was on the cards for a large number of morons, so I wouldn't say it was the pills themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    Let kids behave like they do this now and in 10 or 20 years we will have 3rd world gangs on the streets. Soon we will get a bullet just for looking at kids and teenagers. I think child protection policy is too strong. every adult verbally or physically abused by kid should by law have right to kick that youth ass. Kids if not stopped when they are kids when they grow up will behave like that idiot with knife yesterday

I agree, The fact that this can be hushed up, its true though, when you let people get away with this stuff then it can only get worse, and as people have suggested MCD can put pressure to keep this quiet, thats sickening.
    The powers that be need to ensure the Gardai carry out their job, not that Im blaming the gardai on the ground, I dont think the will exists above that to ensure there is proper law and order applied.
    I'm not sure about people having the right to kick the **** out of kids, but when someone does something wrong there needs to be consequences, if its a first offence, depending on how serious then maybe a warning, if you're stupid enough to do 2, then 3 and you're out. I know in the people said thats crazy in the US as someone could get a long prison term for som ething that is apparently an insignificant crime, but if its repeat offence after repeat offence, fluck it.

As for the last line,We have parents defending kids, that become scumbag parents, defending scumbag kids, gardai that are unwilling or unable to carry out the job unless it affects those in power and a system that can do or wants to do nothing about it? I'd say its doesnt care/wants to do nothing, if the prisons are full, then how much does a barbed wire fence in a field cost? if they think they will be living in tents in the rain instead of prison cells maybe they will think twice about it, the thing is they aren';t even being put in prison cells, never gets that far.

We need to look further afield and see how law and order is kept and how these people are dealt with, its not good enough that people that are a danger to good people in society are allowed to walk the streets,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I hope they get heavy sentences for this,when i was younger there was nothing of the sort like this going on,the worst we witnessed was some guy out of his tree,lying in the mud half naked with plastic coke cups put on his hands and feet..

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

So, the stereotyping has began.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

There should be outright ban on any events being held in the Phoenix Park again

Absolute bollix tbh.

I was at The Stone Roses on Thursday; zero stabbings, zero deaths, little to no trouble, few sick and a bit of liter. (to be expected)

I'd wager a large amount of money that there will be; zero stabbings, zero deaths, little to no trouble, few sick and a bit of liter. (to be expected) At Florence & the machine tonight.

One bad crowd shouldn't ruin it for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Merch wrote: »
    I agree, The fact that this can be hushed up, its true though, when you let people get away with this stuff then it can only get worse, and as people have suggested MCD can put pressure to keep this quiet, thats sickening.
    The powers that be need to ensure the Gardai carry out their job, not that Im blaming the gardai on the ground, I dont think the will exists above that to ensure there is proper law and order applied.
    I'm not sure about people having the right to kick the **** out of kids, but when someone does something wrong there needs to be consequences, if its a first offence, depending on how serious then maybe a warning, if you're stupid enough to do 2, then 3 and you're out. I know in the people said thats crazy in the US as someone could get a long prison term for som ething that is apparently an insignificant crime, but if its repeat offence after repeat offence, fluck it.

As for the last line,We have parents defending kids, that become scumbag parents, defending scumbag kids, gardai that are unwilling or unable to carry out the job unless it affects those in power and a system that can do or wants to do nothing about it? I'd say its doesnt care/wants to do nothing, if the prisons are full, then how much does a barbed wire fence in a field cost? if they think they will be living in tents in the rain instead of prison cells maybe they will think twice about it, the thing is they aren';t even being put in prison cells, never gets that far.

We need to look further afield and see how law and order is kept and how these people are dealt with, its not good enough that people that are a danger to good people in society are allowed to walk the streets,

As lovely as that was here's the problem: The Gardaí can't do much. They're still held by the law. When they (the knackers) realize it's perfectly fine to smash someone's skull in and then get released, they do it again, get released and continue.
    The gardaí can put them in cuffs but it's the law that lets them go back out. Changing the law is a big deal. And we're in the age of "Damo didn't do it" and can't punish the kids properly. So when you realize there aren't much punihsments for punching someone in the face because you're from a poor area, why not repeat it for the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Absolute bollix tbh.

I was at The Stone Roses on Thursday; zero stabbings, zero deaths, little to no trouble, few sick and bit of liter. (to be expected)

I'd wager a large amount of money that there will be; zero stabbings, zero deaths, little to no trouble, few sick and bit of liter. (to be expected) At Florence & the machine tonight.

One bad crowd shouldn't ruin it for everyone.

agreed.

swedish house mafia will always attract scum in this country. and the likes of snoop dog etc do aswel. been to gigs all over europe and the only trouble seems to be here and the Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hard to get inside the head of somene who brings a weapon to a gig (or anywhere for that matter). If you have a knife and get in a fight and use it the charge should be attempted murder as you've obviously had a premeditated idea of doing somebody serious damage.

I don't agree with the line "this type of music attracts scumbags". Was on a bus yesterday with about 30/40 people aged between 16-22 yesterday obviously going to gig. All in high spirits and a bit loud but there's no harm in that. Was chatting to a couple of lads at bus stop and they seemed like decent young fellas barring their obviously sh*te taste in music and dodgy pink wellies. I'm sure the vast majority were in the same boat.

If we were to cull people just because they listen to awful music then the Snow Patrol gig would be hit by an earthquake tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Collie D wrote: »
    Hard to get inside the head of somene who brings a weapon to a gig (or anywhere for that matter). If you have a knife and get in a fight and use it the charge should be attempted murder as you've obviously had a premeditated idea of doing somebody serious damage.

People are saying they used broken bottles (which is a bit better) instead of bringing a knife to kill.

Though I'm not sure what the Gardaí said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

1210m5g wrote: »
    This wont be popular but MDMA should be encouraged at these events instead of drink, get everyone on a love buzz.
    I remember being at a Gods Kitchen rave in Dublin years ago. The amount of scum around was unreal but didn't see one fight the entire night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Its not stereotyping its fact,in the 00's/90's did you ever hear of stabbings taking place at concerts?Im sure when the full story comes out,they will have found they had been out of their mind on substances that you wouldnt have had so easily got in the 90's/00's as it was all E's then,but now its head shop gear and crack(drugs has always been there,but its getting worse for stuff that you wouldnt even hear of,and ive done a study on poly drug use,and its on the increase in ireland,ie kids blind drunk and stoned,getting aggressive)..Im not saying oh its the youth of today etc,im saying its the drugs of today,its totally different now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Collie D wrote: »
    If we were to cull people just because they listen to awful music then the Snow Patrol gig would be hit by an earthquake tonight

Don't bringing Letrim fracking into this... this is not a Dub -V- Country thing

cuz it's all shell's fault and we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

just my opinion but lets face it this sort of concert only had 1 outcome, surprised its so few

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

can anyone say that they are surprised
    I knew it'd be like that one of the main reasons for not going
    Is the gig tonight still going ahead then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

madma wrote: »
    its like hearing about a disaster where the numbers get higher throughout the day

the number will probably hit 20 by tonight.

still wont be right

and in fairness to the Gardai they were in present last night in serious numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

andy g wrote: »

Its not stereotyping. The term scumbag can be applied to all socio economic classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Its not stereotyping its fact,in the 00's/90's did you ever hear of stabbings taking place at concerts?Im sure when the full story comes out,they will have found they had been out of their mind on substances that you wouldnt have had so easily got in the 90's/00's as it was all E's then,but now its head shop gear and crack(drugs has always been there,but its getting worse for stuff that you wouldnt even hear of,and ive done a study on poly drug use,and its on the increase in ireland,ie kids blind drunk and stoned,getting aggressive)..Im not saying oh its the youth of today etc,im saying its the drugs of today,its totally different now..

kids arent getting aggressive cos theyre stoned. like i was saying earlier drugs are getting the blame for what alcohol is doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hold on, hold on................ I was promised no more drug overdoses once prohibition came in...

stoned,getting aggressive)
    Huh?
    ive done a study on poly drug use
    I'd revise my notes if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

can anyone say that they are surprised
    I knew it'd be like that one of the main reasons for not going
    Is the gig tonight still going ahead then

You could have told the rest of us like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Real Life wrote: »
    kids arent getting aggressive cos theyre stoned. like i was saying earlier drugs are getting the blame for what alcohol is doing.

Im all for legalising cannabis but I really think some of the smokers overlook the effects it can have on some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Im all for legalising cannabis but I really think some of the smokers overlook the effects it can have on some people.

yes i agree with this but it doesnt make anyone aggressive. it can have bad effects psychologically if abused for long periods but ive never seen someone stoned and aggressive.

If the apparent overdoses did happen then why are no warnings or information being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Why would anyone go to that gig?

Just look at the surface..... Big dance music concert. In the phoenix park. Guranteed scumbags will be present. Drugs and alcohol also will be present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I hope they get heavy sentences for this,when i was younger there was nothing of the sort like this going on,the worst we witnessed was some guy out of his tree,lying in the mud half naked with plastic coke cups put on his hands and feet..

Yeah, of course not. Depending on what generation you grew up in, This, this and this all happened back in 'the good ol' days' and there's countless other examples. It's not a new problem. So please stop this 'It's the young people of today' horsesh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Drugs and alcohol also will be present.

I think you'll find that at a lot of gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Just look at the surface..... Big dance music concert. In the phoenix park. Guranteed scumbags will be present. Drugs and alcohol also will be present.

I'd almost guarantee this was the draw for 90% of the people that went. Why should they be put off by the rest? There's probably thugs hanging around outside your local supermarket aswell, but you still have to go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If the apparent overdoses did happen then why are no warnings or information being released?

Apparently because concert promoters MCD have put pressure on the guards, hospitals, media (including all international media outlets) to hush it up because theres no Oxygen festival this year and they need the money. Sounds highly plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

But there are drugs and alcohol present in your local pub, does that mean you shouldn't go there either :confused:

Personally I have seen a huge amount of people on drink and drugs in my time but they didn't cause trouble like last night.

It takes a "special" type of idiot/scumbag to stab someone whether drink/drugs is involved or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

You realise we aren't a war-going country don't you?

and look where its got us
    I think he meant drop them in a jungle with a bayonet and see what one lasts the longest. Winner gets to come back to Ireland.

We're onto a winner for a new reality show.
    Lumbo wrote: »
    Jungle music???????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah whatever Pops.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

token101 wrote: »
    Yeah, of course not. Depending on what generation you grew up in, This, this and this all happened back in 'the good ol' days' and there's countless other examples. It's not a new problem. So please stop this 'It's the young people of today' horsesh*t.

Slane 1984

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/07/10/arts/town-clears-wreckage-of-bob-dylan-rioters.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement