Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I understand what you mean and while I do agree....

But what I mean is.... well here is an example. Lets take avoiding a kip of a pub. You know scumbags will be there. Fights or s*it happening is likely. I would avoid that pub and go somewhere else.

I worked a good few gigs with Sword Security and maybe thats just put me off gigs. People off their face drunk or high. People just looking to have fights. The amount of girls I've seen just trip over themselves. Scumbag shapers. The whole thing is just off-putting.

Thats why for me, looking at the concert on the surface. Why the hell go you know.

I can go to a different pub pr have cans at my house, but bands only play at certain times and at certain places. You don't have the luxury of inviting them to your back garden to play live. So why should I be put off from something that I would really like to see, and in the case of SHM may never see again, because of the potential for problems?

There's no possible way of ever preventing something like this other than breathalysing/ urine tests at the gates, which I'd imagine is probably not going to happen. I know three of my friends went there last night and had no problems. The people who were stabbed were just victims of bad luck, just like that journalist who happened to be in the wrong street at the wrong time a few weeks back. It's unfortunate fact of life; it doesn't mean that all dance gigs are dangerous and it doesn't mean that everyone who goes is scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well you go enjoy yourself with your fellow revellers who like to stab people and take rat poisin

All 3 of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Well you go enjoy yourself with your fellow revellers who like to stab people and take rat poisin

I'm getting enough enjoyment from your bizarre posts but thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

1210m5g wrote: »
    I think the UK is just as bad for scumbags but i'm just curious as to why dance music events in Ireland seem to attract them like flies to a ****e.

I agree with you. Uk is full of scumbags. Went to a takida gig last year and the knackers were stuck to me like sh1te to a blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

kegzmc wrote: »
    I agree with you. Uk is full of scumbags. Went to a takida gig last year and the knackers were stuck to me like sh1te to a blanket.

Maybe it was just you attracting your friends? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

You know you're getting old when 50,000 people go to a concert of some band you never heard of :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

VEN wrote: »
    i'd say SHM, Pitbull, Snoop, all that dirt etc appeals to a lot of young people, good and bad but... particularly appealing to... KNACKERS!!! :D

Or to put it another way, Pop music is very, wait for it, popular and as such will have a higher proportion of 'knackers' due to the law of averages. All the other tragedies earlier, they involved the Stones, The Who and Limp Bizkit. Genres are usually irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

there was a clip on youtube called 'idiot on drugs' - it seems to b taken down now, any one see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

token101 wrote: »
    Stereotyping's class! Next you'll be telling us that all internet users are virgins with bad acne.

There's no words for how stupid this is.

Say what you want but I've worked many years at concerts/festivals as well as been and there's only ever trouble when there's some 'dance' act on. The type of music attracts pill popping scum that like to carry knives.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

On a humourous note a bomb could have been dropped on the Park last night

It would have massively dropped the unemployment rate

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Probably a regretted suicide attempt with prescription drugs in some cosy flat.

But it will probably be put down to those darn druggies........

It's the one that was confirmed at the gig actually. But let's not let that get in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

On a humorous note a bomb could have been dropped on the Park last night

True as I heard the FG/lab party where meeting in Farmleigh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Zascar wrote: »
    Apparently this is from last night but not confirmed. Totally NSFW or children or anyone really: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150943704707986&set=a.374471682985.156529.294495217985&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf -

Lucky bastard! Wish I knew her..

Ideo wrote: »
    there was a clip on youtube called 'idiot on drugs' - it seems to b taken down now, any one see it?
    Just a lad pilled off his chops.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Say what you want but I've worked many years at concerts/festivals as well as been and there's only ever trouble when there's some 'dance' act on. The type of music attracts pill popping scum that like to carry knives.
    I've been to a fair few dance gigs and events and it's exceedingly easy to spot the handful of people who are drunk, they're the one everyone avoids.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Say what you want but I've worked many years at concerts/festivals as well as been and there's only ever trouble when there's some Shite 'dance' act on. The type of music attracts pill popping scum that like to carry knives.

There.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's scumbags like this that give Dance Music Gigs a bad name, unfortunately SHM is what the kids are all about nowadays and an event like this was always gonna be trouble-

MCD have a habit of booking absolute knacker fests - between **** rap gigs that end up in riots or the annual poxegen millup in Kildare, they are up there...

I did happen to go to the Roses on Thursday and I saw **** all trouble from a generally older crowd, I'm sure there was incidents at it but I didn't see any personally...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's the one that was confirmed at the gig actually. But let's not let that get in the way.

And....
    The two other males died later in the night from overdoses but it is not known whether or not they had attended the concert in the Phoenix Park.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-three-males-dead-swedish-house-mafia-overdose-513781-Jul2012/

Why are people blaming drugs? In how many other countries can you guide yourself to a gig by following the trail of passed-out-drunk kids?

mikom wrote: »
    And....

And... again, the one at the gig sought medical attention. It doesn't sound like a junk overdose to me and it's a little bit concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Why are people blaming drugs? In how many other countries can you guide yourself to a gig by following the trail of passed-out-drunk kids?

Eh... the 3 supposedly dead due to drug overdoses would probably be the reason! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 LeftFull

This absolutely sickens me. These gigs are well known for being horrible places to be and it was clear from the outset that this was going to go south very quickly. It was the same at Deadmau5 a year or two ago, fights everywhere. It's just the kind of crowd this popularized house/dubstep/whatever music attracts. I've been all over the country at dj's like Seth Troxler, Maya Jane Coles, Joris Voorn etc and anyone who is into that side of house music know that these are some of the best and safest nights they have ever been to. These kind of things are giving dance music a bad name.

My sympathies are with anyone who was affected by the events last night.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

People like to blame things they don't do for everything. If someone drinks then they don't like to admit that drink is a massive problem, easier to blame those evil people who do something else.

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's scumbags like this that give Dance Music Gigs a bad name, unfortunately SHM is what the kids are all about nowadays and an event like this was always gonna be trouble-

MCD have a habit of booking absolute knacker fests - between **** rap gigs that end up in riots or the annual poxegen millup in Kildare, they are up there...

I did happen to go to the Roses on Thursday and I saw **** all trouble from a generally older crowd, I'm sure there was incidents at it but I didn't see any personally...

The difference being that the older crowd would have been less accepting of this type of behaviour from the get-go making such shenanigans much less likely to begin en-masse.

When it's all kids, the security and supervision is supposed to be provided by the adults who eh, ye know, organised it.

Eh... the 3 supposedly dead due to drug overdoses would probably be the reason! :confused:

People are conflating things quite a bit. One of the 3 ODs is confirmed as being at the gig and people are deciding that drugs are to blame for the stabbings as well.

How many people did these 3 overdosers attack then? I couldn't give a crap if someone wants to pop e's until they're in a coma - it's when someone is stumbling towards me with a knife that I would draw the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Not sure if this was posted, but...

WARNING, OVER 18's ONLY!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

On a humourous note a bomb could have been dropped on the Park last night

Might need to check up the meaning of humorous when you get the chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

And... again, the one at the gig sought medical attention. It doesn't sound like a junk overdose to me and it's a little bit concerning.

I don't know what we are debating here to be honest. :o
    If it was an overdose due to a certain drug type/quantity then the information should be released for the publics safety.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Pov06 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted, but...

WARNING, OVER 18's ONLY!

Can we put it in the title that this pic and the one of the couple riding are from T In The Park?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

token101 wrote: »
    I've not read the whole thread, but I'm sure there's some gob****e here just to say it's the fault of trance/dance music.

Id say its way more Trance's fault than any decent dance music like prog or deep house.

Trance really brings out the E-tard in people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement