Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

my brother just got home from it now, said he saw 1 fight, 1 girl passed out but otherwise not much trouble. he only heard about the stabbings and the od's on the bus on the way home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

KingK wrote: »
    Can I just point out something, how many were at this ****e last night? 45,000? It would be safe to say 99% of those there had/have no interest in Swedish House Mafia. It was just an excuse to get 'out of it' and make up for no Oxygen

By that rationale it would also be safe to say you're exaggerating or just talking plain old BS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

df1985 wrote: »
    I hope the people stabbed ok.
    Best typo ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Can I just point out something, how many were at this ****e last night? 45,000? It would be safe to say 99% of those there had/have no interest in Swedish House Mafia. It was just an excuse to get 'out of it' and make up for no Oxygen

Can I make a counter point? 7 people were stabbed. Even it was 45 people in total who overdosed, stabbed others, that's still only 0.1%. So, using logical thought instead of arbitrary accusations, I believe that 99.9% were there just to watch SHM and have a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It would be safe to say that 93.464585% of statistics on the internet are wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Thats just crap tbh. I would say its safe to say 99% were there for the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Buttonftw wrote: »
    I don't want to start an argument but if you honestly are trying to say drugs aren't at fault, you're insane.

Sure, alcohol is at fault. But it's at fault along with drugs and general scumbag actions.

You can't just say "nope, it was all the alcohol, the drugs didn't matter at all".
    The people who did it are to blame, not alcohol, not drugs.
    They'll often stagger into the medical tents at these kinds of gigs and complain of being breathless or having palpitations etc and it's usually because they took not one or two E tablets but 5,6,7 or they took a 'bit of speed and a couple of pills' I remember a fella telling me before that he took twenty cos they were '****e' no need to say what his ECG looked like!
    Do they usually die though? I've seen people take way too much, certainly couldn't have sought medical attention themselves and didn't really need it.

It was more the mentality of people that I was getting at, and I've seen a couple that would have been up **** creek if it wasn't for medical intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Melion wrote: »
    And you know this how?
    Why didnt they go on Thursday night instead?

Dance/trance music or what ever it is they play is going to be where they would want to be popping pills and what not. Not alot of teens in Ireland are big Stone Roses fans. Look at SHM record sales in Ireland,I would imagine it's **** all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I know people that went to see them that say they hate dance music?. I'd say the majority there know 2 or 3 songs (the ones that made the top 10) at the most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

MagicSean wrote: »
    You put those sentances in quotation marks. Do you know what quotation marks are for?

Not nice when people put words in your mouth......... is it sean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I think most people were there for a good time. Not in the manner of "get stoned/drunk and tear it up lads" good time. But mostly because it was a gig. I doubt most people went there with the aim of having to fight or getting overly drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

yes, we can look at the positive side but we seem to be doing a lot of this. We saw on the one only sunny day here in Sandycove total and utter mob knacker rule.

Your children are not safe out there, it's not handbags at dawn it is knives.

00000 tolerance; laws galore but either no enforcement or no resources to enforce = banana republic.

This city imo is under siege to Knacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dance/trance music or what ever it is they play is going to be where they would want to be popping pills and what not. Not alot of teens in Ireland are big Stone Roses fans. Look at SHM record sales in Ireland,I would imagine it's **** all

You do realise that the Roses were at the forefront of the whole late 80s/early 90s E love-in?

how come there was no trouble at the stone roses when most of the crowd there would have been using drugs aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

miju wrote: »
    still wont be right

and in fairness to the Gardai they were in present last night in serious numbers

Sounds like you were working at the gig, what was the real story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Dance/trance music or what ever it is they play is going to be where they would want to be popping pills and what not. Not alot of teens in Ireland are big Stone Roses fans.
    The clue's in the name...
    Look at SHM record sales in Ireland,I would imagine it's **** all
    Record sales? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

You can come up with statistics to prove anything. 40% of people know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Lovely, so everyone there is a scumbag?

Yes, do you know what over-exgeration and blatant bulls**t is?

Everyone i saw could be classed there yes. But i suppose it depends on what you class as a scumbag. Personally i find people pissing in a public park to be pretty scummy and that alone was rampant.
    token101 wrote: »
    Why would the prison population have dropped? Just think about that for a second. Are they doing day release to the Phoenix Park now? Maybe you meant to say 'potential prison population'? It's equally as f*cking daft, but at least shows a semblance of logical thought. Think before you type. It helps.

I'd be confident that a good chunk of the people there were on TR, bail or had warrants for them.

token101 wrote: »
    Can I make a counter point? 7 people were stabbed. Even it was 45 people in total who overdosed, stabbed others, that's still only 0.01%. So, using logical thought instead of arbitrary accusations, I believe that 99.99% were there just to watch SHM and have a good time.

0.1%, not 0.01% :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Real Life wrote: »
    how come there was no trouble at the stone roses when most of the crowd there would have been using drugs aswell?

Simples. Different crowd completely. Your average scum has the same taste in music as a donkey does, and would have no clue who The Stone Roses are. So, basically they didn't turn up like they did at Swedish House Mafia. I think pointing fingers at drug use for the stabbings is a bit harsh at the moment.

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    The clue's in the name...

Record sales? Really?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/itll-happen-to-you.png

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Real Life wrote: »

Simple, there wasn't as many scumbags at it.

kyub wrote: »
    Simples. Different crowd completely. Your average scum has the same taste in music as a donkey does, and would have no clue who The Stone Roses are. So, basically they didn't turn up like they did at Swedish House Mafia. I think pointing fingers at drug use for the stabbings is a bit harsh at the moment.

thats exactly the point im trying to make, it wasnt the drug use. it was the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LeftFull

It is a fact that there are people who go to these things for a ''day out on the tear'' and do not care about the music. People that know that there will be lads and girls that will not be as confrontational who they can take advantage of. Anyone who has been to these concerts will have seen this along with Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

"I was putting my arms around random people all loved up"

Lucky you didn't get your head kicked in for that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Scum will be scum.

At an event with a large amount of people there is always going to be the danger of trouble, sometimes it kicks off, others times not.

you get plenty of trouble in city centres around the country every weekend, its a human condition. Some people are just dickheads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

mikom wrote: »
    Were they the ones which done the stabbings guv'ner?

I've no idea - I wasn't there, and there doesn't seem to be any decent reports anywhere.
    I never insinuated that drugs were the blame for any stabbings.
    But they are the blame for the alleged deaths of 3 people.

1210m5g wrote: »
    Simple, there wasn't as many scumbags at it.

And the stone roses had broken up when half yesterdays crowd were still in nappies

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

0.1%, not 0.01% :pac:

What now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Pov06 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted, but...

WARNING, OVER 18's ONLY!

Brilliant :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement