Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Linda dub

grounds at a later stage.If I was you i would start asking around to see if they are allowed do this.Just to be one step ahead in case they hit you with this.I would be shocked if this happened.When you were refused in the first place all reasons should have been given.[/Quote]

I know jassss im nearly sure skate was turned down for one reason n wen went to appeal was totally different reason won in end but took almist two years .... Complete mess altogether im getting more annoyed each week waiting to hear .... 3 months this week since they recived my request for reveiw its a bloody disgrace :( god arnt i full joys today :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

respite care grant arrived yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I'm very pleased for you. My letter still hasn't turned up. Rang on Wednesday ,they said it was due to be post yesterday, they confirmed this with a supervisor but I'll believe it when I actually have the letter. It still bugs me that they ask for your email address but never bother to use it.

Thats great news endofrainbow at least you are getting sorted out  nice to hear somebody is getting good news from carers allowance 

I'm very pleased for you. My letter still hasn't turned up. Rang on Wednesday ,they said it was due to be post yesterday, they confirmed this with a supervisor but I'll believe it when I actually have the letter. It still bugs me that they ask for your email address but never bother to use it.

Its a joke almost everyone i speak to on
    Phone tells me something different. Dunno what to think at times ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

My letter arrived this afternoon. Payment starts on the 13/9. Has anyone an idea when the arreas get paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

I think another post said three weeks.Great news and long may it continue.Fingers crossed for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilmelyty

Anyone got any updates are they still on nov im waiting fourty weeks yesterday and still not a word going out of my mind waiting and after all this waiting i,ll probably get refused. They got my app nov 22 nd 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Phoned them today and was told they are still working on early november, he said another 5-6 weeks before i hear from them!!! I said someone that had applied in Dec has recieved payment, he laughed and said he doesnt know where i got that from...im thinking it is down to each individual how fast they get through their pile..

evohere wrote: »
    Phoned them today and was told they are still working on early november, he said another 5-6 weeks before i hear from them!!! I said someone that had applied in Dec has recieved payment, he laughed and said he doesnt know where i got that from...im thinking it is down to each individual how fast they get through their pile..

Dont know what to think anymore its coming up to a year next week since i first applied and ive been turned down and am going into fourth month waiting on a reveiw of that decison ..... Never heard likes of it in my life :((((

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

OMG when i rang this mornin the girl told me they are workin on may2011!!! that cant be right if all of yous have been told oct/nov 2011... i applied in mar 2012 fair fed up now cant imagine how ye all must feel waitin so long

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

I got a letter today to say I have an oral hearing next Friday. Any idea what to expect? Should I bring the person I care for with me? How long will it take....

I first applied for it in may last year, was refused in April this year, and appealed straight away.

So Annoyed wrote: »
    I got a letter today to say I have an oral hearing next Friday. Any idea what to expect? Should I bring the person I care for with me? How long will it take....

I first applied for it in may last year, was refused in April this year, and appealed straight away.

Hi so annoyed im not sure how it works but dont think need bring caree its supposed be a chance for you to give your side of all you do etc well thats what a lady told me when i rang to enquire in the carers section...ive semt for reveiw of mine but if appeal taken five months i should just went ahead with appeal as its going into four months for reveiw now!!!!!! best of luck keep us posted how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Beckmayo

Hi all, ive been reading your therads for a while as i appiled to carers in feb 2011, was refused in April, sent in an Appel and was approved on the 31st July, for the whole lot, rang them after i recieved letter and was told it would talke 4 weeks to go through, rang them again yesterday and was told that there is nothing on the system and no point in ringing for another few weeks as they have a huge back log! anyone esle have the same problem??

Hi had an oral hearing, i would advise you to not bring person with you as it may look that they are well and able... i went alone and was just asked about the daily routine and all that..also brought a letter from the gp stating why she needed care. heard back after 4 weeks that i had been approved

^^^^

If they wanted to see the person you are caring for, they would have asked. They are not medical professionals who you have the hearing with, therefore not qualified to make a judgement based on how well/unwell the person you are caring for LOOKS....

Thanks, yes, you're right. I'll go on my own.
    Deep breaths in.....lol....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

BeckMayo and So Annoyed, could I ask if you were refused on medical grounds or on financial grounds?

I'm wondering if it was on medical grounds what further you could tell them in an Oral hearing?

I've also requested a review having been refused on medical grounds, I rang yesterday and was told that my file was with the medical officer and the lady I spoke to had no idea of how long it would be for a decision :(

aileach wrote: »
    BeckMayo and So Annoyed, could I ask if you were refused on medical grounds or on financial grounds?

I'm wondering if it was on medical grounds what further you could tell them in an Oral hearing?

I've also requested a review having been refused on medical grounds, I rang yesterday and was told that my file was with the medical officer and the lady I spoke to had no idea of how long it would be for a decision :(

Holy god just gets worse everytime someone puts a comment up... Cant belive they hvnt sent you letter when your payment will be in place Beckmayo a month later they have no word when it just beggars belief . Aileach looks like we cud be wait long time for decision on reveiw n then we prob hve appeal .... I dunno if i could put up wth this hanging over my head for any longer its a year next week sincebi first applied :(((((

recorded announcement on Carer's Allowance Section says average wait time is 24/28 weeks? I would love to meet someone who was processed in this amount of time :eek:

• Advertisement

I was refused on medical reason which is a joke seein as im caring for an 83 year old woman wip a lot of problems... was on to one of the local tds today n they told him they hadnt been notified i was approved even tho i have a letter to say they sent the same letter to social welface office! Such a disgrace!!! how long do they expect peolpe to survive on no income???

Well I had the oral hearing today. I wouldn't hold my breath :( I felt like I was talking to the wall.

Anyway, they said I'd have the answer in a coupe of weeks. We will see.

Beckmayo, when you were at your hearing, did you have any idea of what the outcome would be.

I really feel its going to be rejected, and I don't know if I have the heart to keep fighting.

So Annoyed wrote: »
    Well I had the oral hearing today. I wouldn't hold my breath :( I felt like I was talking to the wall.

Anyway, they said I'd have the answer in a coupe of weeks. We will see.

Beckmayo, when you were at your hearing, did you have any idea of what the outcome would be.

I really feel its going to be rejected, and I don't know if I have the heart to keep fighting.

Well honestly i didn't have a clue how it would go, i just told my side n gave all i could!! Was a nice guy tho and i felt he listened to me!!

Don't give up tho! If u believe u deserve it keep fighting for it!!!

My other half has Parkinson's...it's not going to go away! Its only going to get worse :(

So annoyed, dont worry and wait and see what the outcome of your oral hearing is.Was this oral hearing with the appeals office ?.Fingers crossed you will have a successful outcome but also get ready if its not.You just have to keep on fighting for what you are entitled to because as you quite rightly pointed out your husbands illness is not going to go away.So to everyone else on the forum here's a question What happens if you get turned down after an oral hearing ? Do people have to go down the road of the ombusman or what.

Any update anyone

Jasssss wrote: »
    Any update anyone

When at my oral hearing he said the decision was up to him n if refused next stop was high court! That's what he told me anyhow!

Still haven't gotten mine through! Was told a few more weeks at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilmelyty

Rang them again today i applled 22nd of nov and the woman siad it would be another few weeks before id hear anything they are only on the middle of nov 2011 cant belive how long its taking im always told the same thing another few weeks how long does it take to get through a month what do they do all week there is somthing seriously wrong some where im now going in to my 43rd week will be luckly to hear by chritrtmas at this rate. :-((

Jasssss wrote: »
    Any update anyone
    I rang again today seem get same lady said still await docs decision was nice said no control over when doc will look at it !!! Its a year on thurs since they recieved my original application dunno how much longer its go take for the reveiw then prob hve go down appeal .road :(((((

• Advertisement

I rang this morning and the lady I was talking to said that they are still working on Nov 2011.I asked how long it took to get through each month and she said it depended on how many applications came in that month.I asked why there was an automated message saying an average wait of 24-28 weeks.The lady said that message should never have been put up as this is a lie the average wait time is 9 months.I think that they are still working on claims from Nov 2011 but i also think that they have moved onto Dec 2011 but they are been instructed to say Nov so that if people get it early it will be an added bonus and also keeps the pressure off them.She also said that applications for Dec and Jan are normally lower what with Christmas and all.I think we will all also need carers after this with the stress we are under.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement