Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Linda dub

Jasssss wrote: »
    Linda.I only sent my application in at the start of February so I have months of waiting ahead.Yeah 2 months is very long for a review but Linda thats why I think you will hear very soon.That new system is up and running but they said its going to be months before they clear the back log.

Madness altogether jasssss wouldnt mind wen i applied i was told. waiting time was 13 weeks but mine was on a new system and could take less time ha!!!!!! hopefully yours wont take as long tno! Im tihinking if its taking this long for reveiw id prob been better of go straight for appeal as if i have to go down that road could be another year at this rate :(((((( so frustrating !!!!!

Well jasssss i was told they will
    Have decision back by 19 july to ring then or next day ... Rang yesterday and an extremly rude woman more or less shouted that theyve no control over these things!!! Rang bk this morning got a less rude woman said can take 6 to 8 weeks i explained it was 8 weeks and was told more or less will just hve to wait!!!!!! im fuming ive rang every week snce i sent in reveiw and each week difrent reply ... I would love to tell them to forget bout whole thing but i couldnt afford too this waiting is really getting to me at this stage 

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

Linda, something similar happened to me with the Dom and I was fit to be tied.I was totally worn out and fed up.I know its hard but give it another few days. I really did not think your review would be this long because mine was not.Hang on in there.Linda was the extra info you sent in from your GP or a hospital consultant.

Linda, something similar happened to me with the Dom and I was fit to be tied.I was totally worn out and fed up.I know its hard but give it another few days. I really did not think your review would be this long because mine was not.Hang on in there.Linda was the extra info you sent in from your GP or a hospital consultant.

Hi jasssss i sent in both my parents gps detailed letters saying needed constant care etc and letter from hospital when my mother discharged .... Couple other hosp reports ..... And a two page letter from
    Myself stating all i do etc... ..... Seems sent to outside doctor but ithougt that only if appealing ... Im very confused ....its very hard not to get annoyed when dont have clue whats going on!!! Anyhow im
    Going out to celebrate my 50th birthday tonight and put it to back my mind till
    Monday at least 

Ah Happy Birthday.Have a great night.

• Advertisement

Ah Happy Birthday.Have a great night.

Thanks jasssss its back to reality now!!!
    Hope i hear something this week tho i wont hold my breath.....

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

My mother in law applied last April. Its now end of July and we have not heard anything..we haven't even got an acknowledgment that they got application - is this normal to hear absolutely nothing or has our application got lost? Did other people on here get an acknowledment when they first applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I applied in December got a text mid February saying it had been received - its worth a phone call to them - just to even get your reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Does anyone know how long the wait time is for domiciliary care allowance? The monthly payment?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilmelyty

Does anyone know what month their on i applied last nov recevied a letter on the 22 nd of nov to say they recived my app and the wait time was 24 weeks im now waiting 36 weeks this week and still have heard notting rang back at the beggining of june they were dealing with aug and i was told my app was still pending.

• Advertisement

According to this morning's phone call they are working on end October / early November 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilmelyty

Great thank you hopefully then i should hear from them by the end of aug 10 months is a far cry from 24 weeks anyway fingers crossed.

I rang and i have been told that although i applied 25 weeks ago i have not even been scanned in yet.This has to be some sort of a joke.I asked the lady on the phone when i would be scanned in and she said she did not know that they are still clearing 2011 applications.Now getting annoyed with her is not going to help my claim so i rang my local TD and i am waiting for a response.I cannot wait much longer without an income.I am stressing myself out big time.I am putting off paying just about everything.

I applied 32 weeks ago tomorrow and was told a decision should be made within the next 3/5 weeks when I called last week

I applied 32 weeks ago tomorrow and was told a decision should be made within the next 3/5 weeks when I called last week

Im still waiting hear from reveiw which is 9 weeks now thats 46 weeks altogether ... Cant even say what think on here as prob get banned again !!!!!but its an absolute joke .... if i hear once more doctors have not looked at it yet i will scream!!! Thought reveiw was sposed only take couple weeks but if its taking this long imagne how long appeal will take!!!! Mine also took months to be scanned jaaaas and then my mothers medical report was shredded instead of scanned and i had to submit another one !!!! Sooooo annoyed !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 finni S

dear linda dub, me and you are in the same situation,now today i rang yet again! to be told my application still hasnt been reviewed by the medical people, this is a nightmare that i am living, how can it take over 9 months i mean really,i am beginning to think that they are waiting for the person you are caring for to die, i can not get the same consistent information for the carers allowance dept i get different people one telling you hopefully you will get good news soon, and the other telling you a REVIEW WILL TAKE ALMOST AS LONG AS THE APPLICATION ! Ive almost had it linda dub i havent much patience left , im finding it very tough at the moment.

I know that there are loads of you waiting on a reply longer then me but my application was never scanned in.When i went to the community welfare office the other day they checked me on their system and said there is no record of me applying for the carers allowance. I told them there had to be as I have been waiting 25 weeks.They said no that they can cross reference across all departments and nothing was showing up.Now unless they scan me in I cannot go to the community welfare office or anyone else for help because I dont exist on their system.

finni S wrote: »
    dear linda dub, me and you are in the same situation,now today i rang yet again! to be told my application still hasnt been reviewed by the medical people, this is a nightmare that i am living, how can it take over 9 months i mean really,i am beginning to think that they are waiting for the person you are caring for to die, i can not get the same consistent information for the carers allowance dept i get different people one telling you hopefully you will get good news soon, and the other telling you a REVIEW WILL TAKE ALMOST AS LONG AS THE APPLICATION ! Ive almost had it linda dub i havent much patience left , im finding it very tough at the moment.

Hi finni. Just wondering when did you apply for carers and how long before you got the refusal and when did you send in for reveiw? I cannot belive that reveiw can take as long as original decison so could be waiting another 9 months.... I was told last week that although i was refused on medical grounds and if docs now decide im entitled to it on medical grounds it still has to go to a deciding officer and could possibly be refused for different reason!!!! An absolute disgrace it is . Cannot win with social welfare system this country !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Hi guys just wondering if i can go to cwo to get help i have just applied for careers allowance and i live with my partner he works but we have 2 kids and we cant get by on what he earns?

jiltloop wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering if i can go to cwo to get help i have just applied for careers allowance and i live with my partner he works but we have 2 kids and we cant get by on what he earns?

Hi i went to cwo as my husband on sw and he said no way could he pay anything to us as we are getting the amount (€342) a week for two adults one child dats the right amount in accordance with sw guidines and only if we get less he could pay us the difference!!!!! That was back in march this year....

• Advertisement

Yes Linda That's right.I went to see could i get help with the kids going back to school but as I already said I am not showing up on his system.Linda any news yet.I cannot believe you are still waiting,would you not have gone straight to appeal.Now Linda I am asking this but I also sent my Dom through review but was turned down so i ended up going to appeal any way. My review was only 4 weeks back then.

Yes Linda That's right.I went to see could i get help with the kids going back to school but as I already said I am not showing up on his system.Linda any news yet.I cannot believe you are still waiting,would you not have gone straight to appeal.Now Linda I am asking this but I also sent my Dom through review but was turned down so i ended up going to appeal any way. My review was only 4 weeks back then.

Hi jasssss
    Rang earlier today same story with medical doctors in a queue to be looked at but loads in front me said be while im fed up altogether mind u got back to school allowance last week.... My husband bk hospital monday for all test results n hoping he can go bk work even partime ( hes on back work allow but couldnt work through illness ....)be smthing extra come in while wait reveiw n every little helps at this stage but if cant return work dunno how we go manage mind u wejust had too but behind in every bill mortgage etc cos cant afford pay them all... You only wait 4 weeks on reveiw ? If id known go take this long id def went for appeal !!!!!

called again this morning - they are currently working on early November 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shellebells

hi all, been waiting since nov 2011 and not a word back..anyboby know how long it actually takes them to get through a month, seem to have been on sep for ages!? and where are they now?

I rang just now and i was told that they are on Oct 2011.I really do not know why the Minister is quoting 28 weeks average wait.I think somebody in her Dept needs to revise this figure.She is way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shellebells

it sounds like they are giving everybody a different answer..its an average of a year year wait which is madness! i sent all my paperwork in at begining of nov and they stamped and returned them towards the end of nov..so i ll take it mine will be in the Dec 2011 pile an im in for another 2 month wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ghrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My father is ill and my mother is looking for it. They said it would take till December to go through it even though we applied in April.

A former minister got on the case recently and they magically pulled the form out to assure us they have it. What did they do?

They put it back in the queue where they found it.

Now, not to sound morbid but the person on the phone in Longford didn't seem to get this either. My father will likely be dead and buried by the time they review the application.

We live 200kms from the hospital. My mother needs the travel allowance, not the social welfare at all(fathers wages still getting paid for now).

So disappointing is the system.

Beer Baron I was told that they will only push your case forward if the person that is been cared for is very ill.If your dad is quite ill you should get back on to a Td straight away. That lady told me this morning that for most people it is taken up to a year to process each application.What a sham.The ordinary decent people are suffering yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Beer Baron I was told that they will only push your case forward if the person that is been cared for is very ill.If your dad is quite ill you should get back on to a Td straight away. That lady told me this morning that for most people it is taken up to a year to process each application.What a sham.The ordinary decent people are suffering yet again.
    My mother was very ill, she was given only weeks to live, a social worker rang and someone said it was on her desk, i had to forward bank statements. I did that, then month later got another letter for her doc to fill out. that was in february, she died in may...i am still waiting! since last september...dont know if they back date to when i applied. i left my job that was 500euro a week, to recieve 230 a week, so got behind with mortgage, electric, phone, credit card...electricity suggested i go to SVP...my mom spent time alot of time worrying bout whether i would get, it in the end i told her i did to put her at ease. Does any one know if they will still give me payment for the duration i cared for my Mom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Citizens information website page says you get it from the date the receive the applications(so long as the dates are correct/legal and not backdated over a year-some chancers out there I suppose).

The payment is backdated but I imagine all we have outlayed so far for transport won't be covered. Limerick-Dublin-Limerick including hotels is not cheap. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement