Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Linda dub

So Annoyed wrote: »
    Linda have you any idea how long it takes for payment to come in?
    I got my letter on the 17 th of sept from the appeals office to say it had been allowed, still nothing from the carers section. I rang yesterday and it isn't even on the system that it was allowed. I guess I can stop checking my bank balance to see if its in yet...lol

Havent a clue so annoyed when i phoned last week said my mams passed awaiting for decision on my dads and will be fivebor six weeks by time both decisions will be in letter out to me .... Did you get travel pass yet i know that comes from differnt department... Maybe appeals are different as has go to somebody who is an independant body outside of the carers section? tho thats just a guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I just rang them. Waiting times of 24 - 28 weeks.

Any believe that?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Busybee4

I just rang them. Waiting times of 24 - 28 weeks.

Any believe that?
    I rang yesterday, woman said they're on November now, they received mine in January so I'm on week 40 of waiting now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 josef143

hi guys

i have been reading your comments last couple of days and i really didn't know carer's application processing takes this long, your comments pushed me to sign up this forum because i am planning to apply carer's allowance this week or the next, here is my story>

i am 20 years old guy who did his leaving cert last june (2012) i applied fulltime level 5 course from saint john's central college cork and i was accepted but unfortunately my back to education allowance application is refused this week and i can't be in college while i have no income at all. the reason they refused is because i never signed and also i was in a formal education last two years. coming to the conclusion i have disabled brother who is missing all fingers both hands he has no carer at the moment(my sister cared him but she moved away i live with him now ) i want apply carer's allowence on him. MY QUESTION IS CAN I GET SUPPLEMENTARY WELFARE ALLOWANCE WHILE WAITING MY CARER'S ALLOWENCE ? please give me advice thank u all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

Josef you should try to get it, no harm asking.
    If you're applying for carers allowance, apply straight away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

Hi can someone tell me what it means if an application is with a deciding officer i.e does it have to move on to anybody else and roughly is it long with a deciding officer.Any help at all thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Usually when it is passed to a deciding officer, it means that the general paperwork has been approved - in other words, no outstanding discrepancies, documentation missing - that it meets the minimum qualifying criteria and that the D O has final say.

I can't tell how long it would be with a deciding officer but I would hope that it is in the final stages of being approved.

Thanks a million Endo fingers crossed.

Linda dub wrote: »
    Linda have you any idea how long it takes for payment to come in?
    I got my letter on the 17 th of sept from the appeals office to say it had been allowed, still nothing from the carers section. I rang yesterday and it isn't even on the system that it was allowed. I guess I can stop checking my bank balance to see if its in yet...lol

Havent a clue so annoyed when i phoned last week said my mams passed awaiting for decision on my dads and will be fivebor six weeks by time both decisions will be in letter out to me .... Did you get travel pass yet i know that comes from differnt department... Maybe appeals are different as has go to somebody who is an independant body outside of the carers section? tho thats just a guess?

Hi
    So annoyed i got my respite grant paid into
    my bank account yesterday and another payment too... As ive had no
    Letter yet im not sure what other payment is ....i thought it would be weeks before i got any payment at all . I wonder if appeal decision takes longer to be put up on system ? Tho its all social welfare but then again its never straightforward!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pat Wal27

Ok guys just posting my application today and from reading the recent posts realise Ive quite a wait. Just wondering what the procedure is , do they acknowledge recipt of application ? are payments back dated if application is sucessful ? Any advice or information appreciated guys, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

They are meant to send you a text to say they received your application, I applied in February this year and got a text in April to say it had been received, but have heard nothing since then. Its such a long and stressful wait. Has anyone else who applied in or around February heard anything yet or does anyone know where they are now in processing these applications

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilmelyty

They are meant to send you a text to say they received your application, I applied in February this year and got a text in April to say it had been received, but have heard nothing since then. Its such a long and stressful wait. Has anyone else who applied in or around February heard anything yet or does anyone know where they are now in processing these applications
    At the moment they are on the end of Nov 11 thats what i was told when i rang them last friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 josef143

Josef you should try to get it, no harm asking.
    If you're applying for carers allowance, apply straight away!

well i have to do any way i think i have to ask the community welfare officer before i apply it, thanks any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

I received all my certs. back on friday with a note from customer services saying application recd in relevant section who wud be in touch 'shortly'... I applied 2 months ago. Doesnt bode well that processing system has improved one little bit... Never lived on so much tinned food :(

wilmelyty wrote: »
    At the moment they are on the end of Nov 11 thats what i was told when i rang them last friday.

I really think that they are just plucking dates out of the air to appease applicants. I applied in December 2011 and was approved mid August 2012 so I wonder where they are getting November 2011 from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gal girl

wilmelyty wrote: »

I really think that they are just plucking dates out of the air to appease applicants. I applied in December 2011 and was approved mid August 2012 so I wonder where they are getting November 2011 from? :confused:
    I just got off phone to carers and they told me they are only dealing with Nov 2011. I applied in Feb 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Looks that way. Sent everything in mid July and haven't recieved a text etc to say that they have received it. Had to ring and make sure. It is in the system but in for a major wait now. 24 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

My claim was sent in Nov 29th 2011....

just got word yesterday that it is being allowed!!!!

from 1/12/2011!!!

No mention of Respite Grant in the letter, so called them (Respite Grant Section.......1890-927-770], and was told it is being paid into our account tomorrow, along with arrears from 1/12/2011!!!!

I had an awful time initially, back in January, got no acknowledgement whatsoever of receipt of docs, so made a complaint, and got an apology, of sorts, and also an acknowledgement of documents received......

Now, I am just finished filling out the HB1 for household benefit package, which will be granted, Telephone Allowance, Electricity Allowance, and Free TV Licence.......

Hopefully now it won't all be snatched away in the Budget......that's another fight!!!!

Best of luck to all those still waiting.

^^^ Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Busybee4

My claim was sent in Nov 29th 2011....

just got word yesterday that it is being allowed!!!!

from 1/12/2011!!!

No mention of Respite Grant in the letter, so called them (Respite Grant Section.......1890-927-770], and was told it is being paid into our account tomorrow, along with arrears from 1/12/2011!!!!

I had an awful time initially, back in January, got no acknowledgement whatsoever of receipt of docs, so made a complaint, and got an apology, of sorts, and also an acknowledgement of documents received......

Now, I am just finished filling out the HB1 for household benefit package, which will be granted, Telephone Allowance, Electricity Allowance, and Free TV Licence.......

Hopefully now it won't all be snatched away in the Budget......that's another fight!!!!

Best of luck to all those still waiting.
    Big Congrats after a long wait, i'm waiting since 4 th of Jan so glad to hear they're moving!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 shellebells

great news irshpancake, i ve also been waiting since nov 2011..i got a letter today as i have been told last week that i should have word in writing this week so today i finally got the letter i ve been waiting so excited openingit, only to read that they need a copy of my maintenance order..no idea why because everything they requested at time of applying was included.. even the order. I rang and asked why do they need a second copy, she said it had not been scanned an not on their system i made her double check everything thing else was there..i sent bk a copy straight away today..i hope this doesn delay even more :(

I still haven't had any word about when I'll be paid, it's so depressing. I got the letter a month ago to say that I had won the appeal, but still nothing? What's taking so long? It's very disheartening altogether.

great news irshpancake, i ve also been waiting since nov 2011..i got a letter today as i have been told last week that i should have word in writing this week so today i finally got the letter i ve been waiting so excited openingit, only to read that they need a copy of my maintenance order..no idea why because everything they requested at time of applying was included.. even the order. I rang and asked why do they need a second copy, she said it had not been scanned an not on their system i made her double check everything thing else was there..i sent bk a copy straight away today..i hope this doesn delay even more :([/Quot

Hi all i finally got letter today just had names of carees and how much im getting weekly and date its paid from they certainly dont give much away on it!!!!! Respite grant paid into bank last week along with weekly payment quite unexpected no letter or anything. about that.. Just got all my arrears there into my bank account sooo glad its finally sorted... Only entitled half rate but no mention that in letter either but i knew was what id be getting so no suprises there..... Best of luck everyone whos still waiting and thanks for all suppirt along the way it kept me going :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

Its great to hear people are finally getting their entitlements, getting so fed up with the wait and the struggle now especially that my mam has cancer on top of her other problems and I now will have the expense of going up and down to Dublin with her. Oh the joys, just wish they would hurry up

That's great Linda, maybe I'll get a suprise this week aswell....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

So glad to hear that you're finally sorted out Linda Dub and irishpancake :)

I'm still waiting for the result of my review since the middle of july

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gal girl

aileach wrote: »
    So glad to hear that you're finally sorted out Linda Dub and irishpancake :)

I'm still waiting for the result of my review since the middle of july
    I am On jobseekers allowance and am awaiting my decision from carers.I applied Feb 2012. now today I get a letter from social welfare to attend a tus interview for work 19.5 hours a week.I can't work at all because I am caring for my father in law on a full time basis but social welfare say I have to be actively seeking employment to continue to get jobseekers. I wish carers would hurry up and give me carers.

Great news Linda, You had such a long wait that thank god is finally over.Keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us. Coming close to 37 weeks and totally fed up.I ring and they tell me one thing and i rang again this week and was told the complete opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shellebells

great news linda dub! im hoping maybe this week i ll have some word bk after sending a second copy of paperwork i have already sent i wud suggest photocopy everything because when they ask u for something u can resent the same day.I wud like to know what happens to all this 'missing' stuff...i been granted DCA bk last oct the mediical been passed so dont understand this big hold up , the girl i spoke to in carers section says it pretty much automatic after that they just looking at my income...a yr for this alone! im a lone parent...u know that saying if someone broke into my house looking for money i would get up and search with him lol:D cant get blood out of a stone!

• Advertisement

Shellkebellss, I am in the same boat as you.I'm in receipt of DCA and thought because the medical was already done that the wait would not be as long[not that i wanted to skip anyone or anything] but I think the wait is worse.How long does it take would you imagine to do the means test on each person.I really would love to know how many they are getting through a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement