Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Your payment is made up of a personal rate for yourself and extra amounts for your child dependants.

Carer's Allowance rates in 2012:
    Carer Maximum weekly rate
    Aged under 66, caring for 1 person €204
    Aged under 66, caring for 2 or more €306
    Aged 66 or over and caring for 1 person €239
    Aged 66+, caring for 2 person €358.50
    Increase for a Qualified Child

€29.80 (full-rate)

€14.90 (half-rate)

If you (the carer) are aged over 66 you would qualify for the E239.00 payment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macali

Hi All, Just wondering how do you know when your application is under review? I sent off my app at the end of Feb 2012 and the only thing i recieved form them was my birth certs etc back and a letter stating about the waiting time. Will they let me know if its under review?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Linda dub

Macali wrote: »
    Hi All, Just wondering how do you know when your application is under review? I sent off my app at the end of Feb 2012 and the only thing i recieved form them was my birth certs etc back and a letter stating about the waiting time. Will they let me know if its under review?

If you mean do they inform you when your application is being dealt with well they dont.... I had no correspondance from them at all while waiting unless they wanted more info etc... The reveiw is done on request if you are not happy with their decision on your claim....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macali

oh right! Thanks! Have been reading through some threads and looks like i just have to sit tight! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

Sorry, beckmayo, I read it wrong.I thought that if the caree was over 66 you were paid more when its actually refering to the carer's age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Linda dub wrote: »
    Thats great beer baron but hiw come your mother got sorted and omly applied april when most of us are waiting a year or near enough... Strange as far as i know some tds say nothing can be done about the long wait!!!!!! Your family must be one of the lucky ones getting that done so quick!!!!!!

Local TD like I say. Lucky yes, uncompromising as well. Why should anybody have to wait so long so we didn't accept that it would be after his death that we would hear about the result so banged on any door that would listen.

Banged on the right door in the end.
    aileach wrote: »
    Was it a FG TD? I had a meeting with TD a while ago and he said he'd write a letter to try to speed up the process, I'm not sure if he did or not.

FF TD with decades of experience. His secretary did all the work. Like I said she knew all the people in the right places by first names so it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

Hi all, I applied for carers allowance for my mam at the end of April this year.. I know I shouldn't get rejected for it as my brother was a carer for her for some time before he had to go away. I know I have some time to wait as I have been following this thread and I know I shouldn't receive anything until next year I'd say..

Now my only concern is that I never got a text message to say they received my application nor did I get anything sent back from my form.. Is this normal or should I ring up just to check if they have gotten it? I don't want to wait until next year only to find out the application has been lost and they never even got it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Number 1

You should call just to check they have received your application anyway. I applied in February, heard absolutely nothing from them at any time since. You will probably not get the text until your application is posted on their system.

Update anyone.Linda Dub or Ailreach have either of you had any luck with your review.

Jasssss wrote: »
    Update anyone.Linda Dub or Ailreach have either of you had any luck with your review.
    Hi jasssss rang monday decision overturned on my mothers medical evidence!!!!! My dads not back yet... Be six weeks by time i get confirmation on both decisions... I dont want get my hopes up just in case something happens and i dont get it ... I dont think i get it for both them but even one be great!!! But il belive it when i see it in black n white !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

that's great news Linda Dub :) I haven't heard anything yet.

aileach wrote: »
    that's great news Linda Dub :) I haven't heard anything yet.

I just kept ring every week aileach sure they sick me but always told something difderent thats why im not go to belive it till i get it in writing!!!!! U shoyld give them ring see where their at with yiours maybe?

Thats great news Linda and I will keep my fingers crossed that your fathers medical review comes back with a positive outcome too.You deserve it with everything you have gone through. Ailreach, keep on ringing and I hope you too get some good news soon.I am ringing every week and they told me it will be months before mine will be looked at but i hope this is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 outback

hi everyone,i have been waiting since november 2o11 and have still heard nothing,i ring every week ,last time i rang they told me they were on to november applications,this is so so bad the length of time people are waiting for a reply.its nice to know im not alone on this,good luck to u all.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wilmelyty

Hi all i applied last nov went on their system the 22nd nov, rang yesterday and was told they are finishing up on nov and that i should be getting a letter next week fingers crossed its good news but i wont hold my breath reading some off yer posts it seems very difficult.

Thats great news Linda and I will keep my fingers crossed that your fathers medical review comes back with a positive outcome too.You deserve it with everything you have gone through. Ailreach, keep on ringing and I hope you too get some good news soon.I am ringing every week and they told me it will be months before mine will be looked at but i hope this is wrong.
    Jassssss if u applied feb then by nov you should hear thats only few weeks more so hiw can they say months? Thats 9 months so surely cant take any longer????? Im still not belive ive got it till its in writing ... Aileach you sent reveiw shortly after mine so give them call maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mary84

I applied for carers in june 2012 rang last week they said they are only looking at octobers 2011 applicants!

Mary84 wrote: »
    I applied for carers in june 2012 rang last week they said they are only looking at octobers 2011 applicants!

Yes mary84 its roughly 9 monhs wait for applications to be looked at well thats in
    My experience and a lof of people on this forum seems be same ....prob next year by time get to yours i know its awful
    But seems nothing can be done about it!..

Oh Linda, i hope you are right.They said Christmas or after before i hear.I think they are pissed off with me ringing.I will freak if I have to wait this long.You really have to wonder how some people are hearing after 36 weeks and i am at 35 weeks and yet they are telling me this.I know how you feel when you are too afraid to get ahead of yourself until you have it in writing.

Oh Linda, i hope you are right.They said Christmas or after before i hear.I think they are pissed off with me ringing.I will freak if I have to wait this long.You really have to wonder how some people are hearing after 36 weeks and i am at 35 weeks and yet they are telling me this.I know how you feel when you are too afraid to get ahead of yourself until you have it in writing.

Jaassssss i rang every week sometimes twice since december last year without fail and i really think 9 months is the longest anybody waits for that first decision? Ofcourse if need to have reveiw or appeal will take longer mine will be 60 weeks altogether when and if i get confirmation in november as they said but we shall see.... I would thought you will hear by mid november judging by the time frame fingers crossed it will be well sorted for you by xmas ...

• Advertisement

:)
    wilmelyty wrote: »
    Hi all i applied last nov went on their system the 22nd nov, rang yesterday and was told they are finishing up on nov and that i should be getting a letter next week fingers crossed its good news but i wont hold my breath reading some off yer posts it seems very difficult.

outback wrote: »

Hopefully it will be good news fingers crossed ..... Awful waiting and not knowing... I got bit more good news when i rang this morn decision has been overturnerd for both my parents i am in total shock but will belive it when i see it in writing !!!!!!!!!

Linda I am delighted for you,that is great news.Hopefully it will give the likes of Ailreach and other people that have been refused some hope.Now all you need is your back dated money.Lets hope we see more story's like this.

Hopefully it will be good news fingers crossed ..... Awful waiting and not knowing... I got bit more good news when i rang this morn decision has been overturnerd for both my parents i am in total shock but will belive it when i see it in writing !!!!!!!!!
    That is great news linda well deserved and you have waited long enough best of luck to you and your family for the future.:-))

hi all.i rang careers allowance yesterday.they said i will hear from them in 2 to 3 weeks.hopefully i will get good news,been waiting since nov.2011.best of luck to all of u waiting.

That is great news linda well deserved and you have waited long enough best of luck to you and your family for the future.:-))

Thanks relief is unreal but will wait for letter before get too excited... My main concern was my mam but then yesterday my dad had two strokes hes not too good at moment so cant think straight.... I sincerly hope you get some good news soon waiting is complete nitemare ..

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

When does the wait even begin? Is it from time application is received or once it's acknowledged? Despair from not even knowing this much...

When does the wait even begin? Is it from time application is received or once it's acknowledged? Despair from not even knowing this much...
    I applied last year begining of nov i got a letter back to say that they received my app that was nov 22nd im now waiting 46 weeks for answer it seems the time frame is nine months so you have a bit of a wait they are dealing with applications from nov 2011 at the moment it is a long hall waiting and its not getting any better.

I applied last year begining of nov i got a letter back to say that they received my app that was nov 22nd im now waiting 46 weeks for answer it seems the time frame is nine months so you have a bit of a wait they are dealing with applications from nov 2011 at the moment it is a long hall waiting and its not getting any better.

Very frustrating and nothing can be done about it.... I was a year + altogether so annoying ... Anyhow i got my travel pass in post this morn so i guess i really am passed fir allowance so relived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

Linda have you any idea how long it takes for payment to come in?
    I got my letter on the 17 th of sept from the appeals office to say it had been allowed, still nothing from the carers section. I rang yesterday and it isn't even on the system that it was allowed. I guess I can stop checking my bank balance to see if its in yet...lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement