Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I miss Booker on commentary. :(

"Awwwwwww!"
    "Did you see that?!"
    "Ooohh...Shucky ducky quack quack!"

Think that about covers it. :)

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Jeff Jarret is ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

airmax87 wrote: »
    Jeff Jarret is ****.

Jeff Jarrett is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

airmax87 wrote: »
    Jeff Jarret is ****.

That's not a unpopular opinion though. Most fans never rated Jeff and viewed his career ascension the result of nepotism and other relationships he maintained in the business.

Personally he finally got over to me with his gimmick in his last months at WWE. For the first time he actually interested me. Afterwards in WCW I thought he played an effective heel. He's often used as a scapegoat for the WCW's final debacle but when you think about it, at the time he rejoined, the company was about to hit the iceberg. In reviewing the last days of Nitro he was one of the few to draw a crowd reaction at events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

WWF in the depths of the 90's was better than the pure f*cking rubbish on offer now. I´d rather watch Barry Horowitz VS Alex The Pug Porteau than matches with about half the current WWE roster.

The last great Wrestlemania was probably 20. Mostly horsesh*t since with the odd exceptional match.

WCW was briefly entertaining after the relaunch in 2000. Very briefly.

The Hall of Fame is meaningless without Randy Savage or Bruno Sammartino and made even more meaningless by the inclusion of Junkyard Dog, Nikolai Volkoff and Sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

John Cena needs new theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

There should be no rematches after losing a title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "Awwwwwww!"
    "Did you see that?!"
    "Ooohh...Shucky ducky quack quack!"

Think that about covers it. :)

You're welcome.

"Ya gotta love it"

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

"Ya gotta love it"

"Mah' boy D.Bryan right there."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

"Why don't you just shutup" (@ Michael Cole)

Me and my mate (also a big Booker fan from when he was in WCW) have started saying "Awww shucky ducky quack quack" to each other every time we see a hot girl on the street. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joedared

"Now thats what am talkin about"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

joedared wrote: »
    "Now thats what am talkin about"

....right there"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

This anger management angle involving Bryan is stupid and annoying. I preferred him before all this whackiness.

Thats not unpopular already? I felt embarrassed watching it & I was in the room by myself.

This kid right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭kksaints

"My Fave Five"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

People are posting things here which they think may be controversial for "thanks".

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Michael Cole: We all know CM Punk digs crazy chicks.
    Booker T: How you know that?
    Michael Cole: He said it on Raw!
    Booker T: Speak for yourself.

Cole brought Booker up on not knowing what happened on Raw a few times. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Michael Cole: We all know CM Punk digs crazy chicks.
    Booker T: How you know that?
    Michael Cole: He said it on Raw!
    Booker T: Speak for yourself.

Cole brought Booker up on not knowing what happened on Raw a few times. :D

It made a nice change from people not knowing what happened on Smackdown. :pac:

Always thought Diamonds in the Rough was the best name for a Tag Team ever and Rock N Rave Infection were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

token101 wrote: »

The last great Wrestlemania was probably 20.

mania 24 was a much better show than mania 20 and i attended both, mania 20 had one great match, one good match, mania 24 had a great main event, hot opener, mayweather match was fun as hell (same could not be said for lesnar/goldberg, undertaker/kane and those 4 way tags), flair/hbk, one of the best mitb matches, there is nothing great about mania 20, manias 22, 23, 26 are all just as good, this years felt so much more a bigger event in person than 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

My.... Goodness!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    there is nothing great about mania 20

Guerrero vs Angle, Jericho vs Christian and Benoit vs HHH vs Hbk were all great matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Chris Jericho's most recent return was only outdone in the boring stakes by Christian's return.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Guerrero vs Angle, Jericho vs Christian and Benoit vs HHH vs Hbk were all great matches.

the three way was a great match, the other two i would not define as great no though eddie and angle was very good, i didn't like the finish, if you think jericho and christian was great then you must have thought jericho and edge at mania 26 and punk/jericho at this years mania were great too, for me both of those were better than jericho vs christian

the three way was a great match, the other two i would not define as great no though eddie and angle was very good, i didn't like the finish, if you think jericho and christian was great then you must have thought jericho and edge at mania 26 and punk/jericho at this years mania were great too, for me both of those were better than jericho vs christian

Jericho vs Christian was a great match for a midcard one and Angle vs Eddie shat all over years title matches the last few years and this years limp main event.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Angle vs Eddie shat all over years title matches the last few years and this years limp main event.

disagree, edge and taker at mania 24 was better match than angle/eddie at mania 20 and edge vs jericho @ mania 26 was on the same level as angle/eddie especially when you take into account the cartoon finish in the mania 20 encounter

i enjoyed rock and cena alot, i take it you were not at the show and probably watching on a stream, it felt like a huge match and easily the biggest mania match i have had the opportunity to see live in person

i enjoyed rock and cena alot, i take it you were not at the show and probably watching on a stream, it felt like a huge match and easily the biggest mania match i have had the opportunity to see live in person

No I didn't pay to go see Mania I paid 20 quid for it on SBO(like I always do). Why the f**k do you think watching it as a stream would make a difference it was a slog of a match with was about as entertaining as Lesnar vs HHH.

Although it was a silly idea, I found the brawl for all entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I care very little if wrestlers die young, Its their choice to live like they do, no one forced them into the business and all which that may entail.

I would be sad if someone I enjoyed watching died, but only in the same way I would mourn the loss of a character on a tv show. It does not affect my life or even mood in any other way, and truly don't understand why people get so upset. These men know what they are getting into and still choose to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Chris Jericho's most recent return was only outdone in the boring stakes by Christian's return.

agree with that one, he has zero charisma left and seems to be just going through the motions nowadays.

Advertisement