Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I hate when the former NXT & current Smackdown ring announcer stalls after saying "one fall" so the fans can say it.
    It really shows how niche the current audience is that you hear fans say it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sasha is way overrated and hasnt been great match quality wise in the main roster except in matches with charlotte

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sky88 wrote: »
    Sasha is way overrated and hasnt been great match quality wise in the main roster except in matches with charlotte

I said something along those lines ("strip away her amazing presentation and the fans will see her inconsistent character/sloppy wrestling and turn on her") - I've never seen wrestling fans so protective of wrestlers before. Some knob even responded with freakin' graphs of search terms. Impressive but terrifying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pentecost Omack you you you

You've just made the list!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The crowd used to chant "We want Sasha". Then her theme song is what gets her a pop. After that the crowd don't care.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote:
    Theme song is what gets her a pop. After that the crowd don't care.

Feels like 60% of the current roster now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I don't think there are many people that would disagree with you. She reminds of Charlotte when she was a cookie cutter babyface during her first few months on the main roster before her successful heel run.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My problem with Sasha is I think she has huge talent but she seems to take risks in the ring that she doesn't need to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm just worried she'll wind up necking herself at some point. Some of the bumps she takes look nasty because she lands on her neck and shoulders so much.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote:
    My problem with Sasha is I think she has huge talent but she seems to take risks in the ring that she doesn't need to do.

Haha my only problem with her isn't even wrestling related.

Is she good looking? Is she not? I get confused about my thoughts on this a lot :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I loved Sasha as The Boss in NXT but she's never really been able or allowed to bring that to the main roster. Maybe it was the whole rise of the horsewomen thing that made it seem better than it was but she was a real natural heel. Little things like signing contracts with a 'Legit Boss' stamp and standing on opponents' hands in the ring.

For the record, and it's been done before, I find her very attractive. Most of the time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Aside from the fact its in Saudi im happy their are no women on the card at the greatest royal rumble,over the last year or two Ive found most to be bland boring and bar a small handful of matches they havnt been entertaing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jrkb wrote: »
    Aside from the fact its in Saudi im happy their are no women on the card at the greatest royal rumble,over the last year or two Ive found most to be bland boring and bar a small handful of matches they havnt been entertaing at all.

Bayley, Sasha, Absolution, Mickie James nearly always get a fast forward from me when watching Raw. Couldn't give a fcuk about them. Nia I watch because she's prone to a good botch now and then. Charlotte is good in the ring but she's so miscast as a babyface. Asuka should have never lost her streak to her. Naomi, I don't know what her character is meant to be. Becky is a jobber. IIconics are already irritating me. Natty is a good guy again for some reason. Riott Squad have had no development storywise.

I like Alexa's music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't really know what they can do to help Becky now. I mean if she was to get the belt now, while she's good in the ring, she's still a goofy character.

Is there any woman wrestler in the world that would be the equivalent of Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles? Or even the 205 guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bayley, Sasha, Absolution, Mickie James nearly always get a fast forward from me when watching Raw. Couldn't give a fcuk about them. Nia I watch because she's prone to a good botch now and then. Charlotte is good in the ring but she's so miscast as a babyface. Asuka should have never lost her streak to her. Naomi, I don't know what her character is meant to be. Becky is a jobber. IIconics are already irritating me. Natty is a good guy again for some reason. Riott Squad have had no development storywise.

I like Alexa's music though.
    That's just setting up a Ronda feud, Natalya will betray her "best friend" probably around Summerslam time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't really know what they can do to help Becky now. I mean if she was to get the belt now, while she's good in the ring, she's still a goofy character.

Is there any woman wrestler in the world that would be the equivalent of Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles? Or even the 205 guys?

Madusa was genuinely talented, a real trained technical wrestler who could hang with the men in terms of match quality. But that's 20 years ago.

I don't know much about the modern WWE stuff as I change the channel as soon as they come on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CastorTroy wrote: »

Is that not like asking who is female equivalent of Ronaldo or Usain Bolt?

I think the likes of Toni Storm or (the now signed) Candice LeRae are very good before going near to WWE. Most of their main roster talent learned mostly in house and have not travelled much outside WWE. That is why Asuka or Ember Moon stand out. Indy world is very difficult for females, wrestling has a lot of issues.

If WWE keep recruiting fighters like Ronda, Shayna or athletes like Bianca Belair perceptions will also change. Those girls can move so well. Not slow motion like a lot from the past.

this wont happen but the bullet needs to disbanded and all go separate ways

this wont happen but the bullet needs to disbanded and all go separate ways

I assume you mean the bullet club and they kind of have its just they haven't revealed the directions each are going yet. They are doing a 5 on 5 match involving most of the members at Dontaku in a week

ERG89 wrote: »
    I assume you mean the bullet club and they kind of have its just they haven't revealed the directions each are going yet. They are doing a 5 on 5 match involving most of the members at Dontaku in a week

I did indeed i know theres kind of spilts in it now but i just feel any semblance of it should be kaput its very nwo like in later

With better wrestlers

• Advertisement

I did indeed i know theres kind of spilts in it now but i just feel any semblance of it should be kaput its very nwo like in later

With better wrestlers

It wasn't a pushed act for a long time though. The Elite are more a stable than them for over a year and Fale, Yujiro and the Guerrillas of Destiny have been doing their own thing.
    I think Gallows, Anderson and Balor have struggled to let it go more than anyone in NJPW. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This thread is perfect for my opinions as I seem to be in the minority with them.This is my rant.

1. All these "Classics" serve no purpose whatsoever other than keeping the hardest of the hardcore happy. I haven't watched any of them and I never will. They don't generate new stars and anyone that even looks like they might be a star will get rebooted and treated differently on the main roster.
    WWE just throw established indie stars on a show to hoover up cred and to enforce the idea that they are the only game in town. They are, of course but the focus should be on storylnes and wrestling.

The Classics are like fan fiction to me. They mean nothing and don't have storylines. I like great wrestling but it has to be mixed up in a great feud or story. Its the opposite of a great storyline with 2 crap wrestlers.

This in turn leads to WWE classifying fans as the guys/gals who like the "serious" stuff and the others who like the "main" stuff. This leads to "well they are just being difficult and trying to be cool when they boo guys so just don't mind them" Then we get Cena not going heel. WWE say well that worked so then they keep going with Roman not turning heel either.A whole logjam is created and WWE just keep going on as they have no competition.

So in essence, you are contributing to the problem watching all these classics etc :pac:

Triple H annoys me by "giving the hardcore" great matches on them and getting cheered but meant to be a bad guy on main tv i.e RAW

Then people get the idea that he is good and Vince is clueless. Obviously the buck stops with Vince but HHH is literally a right hand man. He needs to be telling Vince whats wrong. Maybe he is of course but we don't know that.

Anyone who comes up through NXT with momentum ends up looking like a chump. Asuka looked great but her stock is so low now that I completely forget about her. I had assumed that they were going to book her unbeaten until Wrestlemania and have her msin event against Ronda. That would have been an epic womens main event Wrestlemania match. Ronda the dominant Asskicker (I know she was beaten in the UFC but I mean in WWE storyline terms!) against the unbeaten Asuka who does her version of an armbar too.

Now I don't see anyone that I would want Ronda to face in the main event of Wrestlemania. Carmella cannot wrestle at all. Alexa is poor and way too small to look convincing against Ronda.She has beaten Nia Jax. There has to be someone that you would think is a threat to Ronda and is unbeaten or on a long winning streak. She would have to be a heel too.Maybe Charlotte but she should be winning now to get casual people interested. Not just a quick heel turn before mania.

Sasha would be a perfect heel but again she is too small. If they booked her as a leader of a heel gang against Ronda it would work but she is currently in a weird thing with Bayley. Poor Bayley. She is just completely gone now. All momentum lost and she needs a complete reboot.

2. This is my other opinion that most womens matches are poor. I have no interest at all in a womens only PPV. Becky is a very good wrestler but she was booked like a chump. Its only the fans sticking with her as she is so good that she is in a title match.She is like a female Daniel Bryan.

3. The New Day are just jokes to me. I fast forward through every segment they are involved in. How people think they are funny I will never know.

4. I wish they just got rid of Dolph Ziggler. He doesn't entertain me at all.

5. Make Miz a manager/hype man/interview or advocate. That's where his talent lies. Have him wrestle on the odd show here and there as then people would be dying to see him get his ass kicked.

6. When Dean Ambrose comes back, bring back the Shield as heels. Rollins is a way better heel. Roman should be a heel and Dean just seems silly as a loony good guy.

With so many wrestlers, I can't understand why there arent more factions. I mean a group of guys not just tag teams.

7. People rave about the Revival but I don't see much in them at all. Now they have been unlucky with injuries and bad booking but I don't see stars in them at all.

8. Bring back the Wyatt family and add guys. WWE have completely F*cked up Matt Hardys gimmick.

9. Bring back Enzo! He was good on the mic and would make a great manager type role like the Miz.

10. Bring back James Elsworth! That little twerp was great and he does the comedy role really well.Baffled why he was let go.

That's probably enough opinions for this post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Having watched all of HIAC, I don't see the appeal of Renee on commentary.

Full of rehearsed one liners and just isn't good. Just Cole and Graves together would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Officer999 wrote: »
    Having watched all of HIAC, I don't see the appeal of Renee on commentary.

Full of rehearsed one liners and just isn't good. Just Cole and Graves together would be enough.
    I think if they are going for a woman on commentary it has to be a well respected wrestler ie Gail Kim Ivory Lita Jackie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

smilerf wrote: »
    I think if they are going for a woman on commentary it has to be a well respected wrestler ie Gail Kim Ivory Lita Jackie

Lita is a charisma vacum

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The 3 person teams are pointless anyway. What was their reason for doing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Copying WCW intially I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Theres a bit too much wrestling on WWE the amount of matches and interactions between people reduce the feel of a big match at a PPV

Oh look X vs Y time 1,000,000

Advertisement