Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Shawn Michaels gives Christianity a bad name.

Triple H makes me ashamed to have a nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Speaking of Triple H's nose just found this recently. Fast forward to about 1:10. So funny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Dolph Ziggler is a terrible heel. he has charisma, great mic skills and a good look but he doesn't seem to get how to properly play a heel. he gives the fans no reason to boo him at all. are we supposed to hate him for showing off in every match, coz that's pretty much the raison d'etre of every high flyer ever. his entire character is pretty much a face that cuts heel promos. he's not playing a good heel, he's just playing an interesting character. heels are supposed to be hated and yet Ziggler gives us no reason to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Be quiet, Triple H always nose when your'e talking about him!

Speaking of Triple H's nose just found this recently. Fast forward to about 1:10. So funny! :D
    I always felt that the feud between Owen Hart and DeGeneration X was inappropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I always felt that the feud between Owen Hart and DeGeneration X was inappropriate.

Watched that period of RAW recently and I thought it was great. One of the few feuds where I really wanted the good guy to win more than anything.

Can't see why its innapropriate. It was in the aftermath of a controversial wrestling match, nobody died. :D Anyway even Bret brought the Montreal Screwjob into the storyline with Vince McMahon a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The first Fozzy album is one of my favourite albums ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think a heel holder of a Money in the Bank Briefcase should win the Royal Rumble, get defeated at Mania and then cash in on either;

-The Champion who just beat him (after a low blow/briefcase shot)
    -The Champion from the other brand in a later match.

Watched that period of RAW recently and I thought it was great. One of the few feuds where I really wanted the good guy to win more than anything.

Can't see why its innapropriate. It was in the aftermath of a controversial wrestling match, nobody died. :D Anyway even Bret brought the Montreal Screwjob into the storyline with Vince McMahon a couple of years ago.

That was a couple of years ago, still years after the fact. You just knew they were doing that angle (DX vs Owen) to further the whole Bret thing but I knew they'd never let Owen get too high up, give him the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Sticking with MITB, I'd love someone (a heel works best) to win the case and then not show up with it every week. Have everyone forget about it then after six or eight months of it not being mentioned at all, he cashes in. It would be an actual surprise then. Right now nobody will be shocked when Ziggler cashes in as he teases it nearly every week. The other one will need to be cashed in pretty quickly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Sticking with MITB, I'd love someone (a heel works best) to win the case and then not show up with it every week. Have everyone forget about it then after six or eight months of it not being mentioned at all, he cashes in. It would be an actual surprise then. Right now nobody will be shocked when Ziggler cashes in as he teases it nearly every week. The other one will need to be cashed in pretty quickly though.

It would've been better if they didn't specify which case could go after which title. Then imagine after all the teasing of cashing in against the WHC, he suddenly cashes in and pins the WWE champ

I don't think Dolph Ziggler is ready for a World Heavyweight Championship and that it would be better if Sheamus were able to fend off Dolph if/when he cashes in the contract...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

John Cena always talks about hustle, loyalty and respect but look what happened the other day when he confronted CM Punk. He told CM Punk that he would be disrespecting himself and the title if he didn't choose him as his opponent. However, those words by John Cena shows his inflated ego as it disrespected the entire locker room as he feels not one of them is deserving of a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Cena is not actually bad at playing a face. He has a lot of charisma and cuts good promos as well as being passable in the ring. The only problem is he's been playing the same character for so long he's simply become stagnant and his moveset is much better suited to playing a heel

Wrestlemania X8 for gamecube was decent.

Brodus Clay and the Funkadactyls dancing with young children doesn't seem appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sheamus's routine in the ring is a bore, his feud with Del Rio has been brutal. Granted he seems to be over with the kids, but how long can this last. Once his buddy HHH gets cold, Sheamo could sink. I hope they explore alternative avenues for his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Another one I have is Taker. Talk about a guy who needs to retire quickly. To hear the marks creaming over his cell match with the roid monkey was painful. Personally, I burst myself laughing from the beginning. The guy looked like a wiggless transvestite. Its time he 'hung em up' for good..

People agonising over the retirement of The Undertaker is pointless. He is retired. As retired as one can be in the wrestling business, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Another one I have is Taker. Talk about a guy who needs to retire quickly. To hear the marks creaming over his cell match with the roid monkey was painful. Personally, I burst myself laughing from the beginning. The guy looked like a wiggless transvestite. Its time he 'hung em up' for good..
    But the memory remains

• Advertisement

Mick Foley on RAW in 1999 was boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

ricero wrote: »
    But the memory remains

I see what you did there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Cena is not actually bad at playing a face. He has a lot of charisma and cuts good promos as well as being passable in the ring. The only problem is he's been playing the same character for so long he's simply become stagnant and his moveset is much better suited to playing a heel

+1
    His character is so stale. he has been a "hulk hogan" like guy for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

The Miz is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This anger management angle involving Bryan is stupid and annoying. I preferred him before all this whackiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Dan the mouth Lovranski is alrite in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

airmax87 wrote: »
    Wrestlemania X8 for gamecube was decent.

On a similar videogame note, WWF No Mercy (N64) is now pretty much unplayable. It's slow and dogged. Especially if you're playing the even slower 50hz PAL version.

On a less virtual note, Modern Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is so overly dependent on catchphrases, he's inching into Bruce Forsyth territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Longnecks and Rednecks as a Song is growing on me, Yeah I said it.

Undertaker's WrestleMania streak is very fortunate since he has never faced one of his biggest rivals at the event. A fella that goes by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I miss Booker on commentary. :(

Advertisement