Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

tomslick wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. Ordered last Sunday week. Marked gift and $20 value. No customs to pay. Unit works perfect. Once it has settled down after booting up and you don't dog it, it works as good if not better than many phones. For €55 you can't go wrong.

Did you take the Insurance option at the end for €1.99 ? Could this have something to do with being caught by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got this yesterday for my parents, very impressed so far

Only downside is the lack of HDMI so far altough i havent fuilly put it through its paces

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Ordered mine on the 19th of June and it still hasn't arrived. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Ordered mine on the 19th of June and it still hasn't arrived. :mad:

What is the tracking info? That seems like a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got this yesterday for my parents, very impressed so far

Only downside is the lack of HDMI so far altough i havent fuilly put it through its paces
    yeah, you'll need an A10 based tablet for that. they apparently stripped out the HDMI and a few other bits to enable them to manufacture the A13 chips more cheaply.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    yeah, you'll need an A10 based tablet for that. they apparently stripped out the HDMI and a few other bits to enable them to manufacture the A13 chips more cheaply.

Oh not complaining, was fully aware, my Archos 70 does the HDMI (and feels like a brick compared to this)

Just saying tis the only thing it "lacks" to me as a causal user.

The Wi-Fi also drops occasionaly but theres a large change Eircom are the cause of that ;)

gerryk wrote: »
    What is the tracking info? That seems like a long time.

An Post are after receiving, then sent it to Roscommon for some reason:

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER RETURN LETTERS ROSCOMMON CO ROSCOMMON 12-Jul-12
    ITEM DESPATCHED FROM DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12 12-Jul-12
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12 10-Jul-12
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12 10-Jul-12
    ITEM RECEIVED DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12 07-Jul-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

An Post are after receiving, then sent it to Roscommon for some reason:

Phone them before they send it back, roscommon po has sent stuff belonging to me back to germany after 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Paid my €19 in customs today and have the tablet. My first tablet, very impressed so far (for the price its ridiculous, even with the customs). Worth buying for definite. Mine was marked "Digital Photo Frame €40" and was opened by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

you ordered it on the 1st?

i ordered mine on 7th, hoping to have it before i go on holidays on the 30th..ordered unit plus keyboard for 69 euro
    Yes it was ordered on the 1st
    Barr wrote: »
    Did you take the Insurance option at the end for €1.99 ? Could this have something to do with being caught by customs.

I didn't use the insurance option. I wasn't "caught" by customs.

• Advertisement

moodrater wrote: »
    Phone them before they send it back, roscommon po has sent stuff belonging to me back to germany after 3 days.

Rang them today, they had sent it back yesterday morning. No reason given for sending it back, but the guy I was talking to reckons it was an in complete address. ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

vibe666 wrote: »

Anyone know of one like this? I would love if it had HDMI

Rang them today, they had sent it back yesterday morning. No reason given for sending it back, but the guy I was talking to reckons it was an in complete address. ffs :mad:

I know it's no help, but I start tracking an item as soon as I receive tracking information. I have lost more than enough items due to An Post's ineptitude in the past, so these days, I leave nothing to chance.

For ****s sake, mine wont charge. I'm absolutely raging.

Heres what I sent them back -

"This order has arrived in Ireland today but unfortunately the tablet will not charge, at all. If I use the USB the screen says it is charging but the percentage charge will not increase. If I use the power adaptor, it does not say it is charging at all. This occurs whether the unit is on or off."

Has anyone had to deal with replacement from this company?

ACtually i tried to connect it to my laptop ast night and it wasnt recognised, anyone else have this issue?

Its as likely my laptop as the tablet tbh, as the same happens with my Archos sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

naughtb4 wrote: »
    ACtually i tried to connect it to my laptop ast night and it wasnt recognised, anyone else have this issue?

Its as likely my laptop as the tablet tbh, as the same happens with my Archos sometimes
    You more than likely have "usb debug" turned on. Turn it off on the tablet and your laptop will see the tab as a HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Hi , problably a stupid a question but how does one go about tracking these orders?

Has anyone tested the battery life in the tablet ? - would be interested in finding this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Barr wrote: »
    Has anyone tested the battery life in the tablet ? - would be interested in finding this out.

Yes I have and I am disapointed with it, getting 2 - 2.5 hours max on surfing and most apps.

I have changed the screen brightness and I have reduced the screen timeout to 2 minutes inactivity from 20. I'll see if this makes a difference.

sparksfly wrote: »
    Yes I have and I am disapointed with it, getting 2 - 2.5 hours max on surfing and most apps.

I have changed the screen brightness and I have reduced the screen timeout to 2 minutes inactivity from 20. I'll see if this makes a difference.

I thought it would have been better out of a LI 2200mAH battery :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

Maybe you could upgrade the battery, there's plenty of room for it.
    1342204296742.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was thinking of ordering this one http://www.mcbub.com/item/7-Inch-Ainol-Novo-7-Tornados-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-Cortex-A9-Amlogic8726-M3L-1GHz-1G-RAM-8GB-White--CP147040--147370/

But might just go with the op's choice & get the extra memory via micro sd & a couple of bits such as the cover etc. which bring it to the same price as the one above.

Ok experts,which one should I order?

For ****s sake, mine wont charge. I'm absolutely raging.

Heres what I sent them back -

"This order has arrived in Ireland today but unfortunately the tablet will not charge, at all. If I use the USB the screen says it is charging but the percentage charge will not increase. If I use the power adaptor, it does not say it is charging at all. This occurs whether the unit is on or off."

Has anyone had to deal with replacement from this company?

Rage over. The USB charging is REALLY slow but it does charge. After testing the supplied charger, that is faulty so they're going to send me a new one.

After testing the supplied charger, that is faulty so they're going to send me a new one.

My experience of many of these Chinese suppliers has been positive. I have had replacement parts, and entire replacement units sent out FOC based on my say-so. I think they understand the cost and time factors involved in returns, and are happy to absorb the cost of straight out replacement rather than doing the wrong thing, and possibly getting a bad reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

Mine arrived today guys, just two questions, I keep getting an error message when signing into Facebook and does it take a class 4 sdhc card ?

Solved the facebook problem guys, just wondering about which shdc card now?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

hollands wrote: »
    Mine arrived today guys, just two questions, I keep getting an error message when signing into Facebook and does it take a class 4 sdhc card ?
    What date did you order it ?

shipped 27th June, so about 2 weeks to delivery. Held in customs mail centre for five days !!

zerks wrote: »
    Was thinking of ordering this one http://www.mcbub.com/item/7-Inch-Ainol-Novo-7-Tornados-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-Cortex-A9-Amlogic8726-M3L-1GHz-1G-RAM-8GB-White--CP147040--147370/

But might just go with the op's choice & get the extra memory via micro sd & a couple of bits such as the cover etc. which bring it to the same price as the one above.

Ok experts,which one should I order?

I'd be interested in hearing peoples opinions on this one as well.

Its got a bigger RAM and better battery.

The CPU is a ARM Cortex A9 .I'm not to sure if thats better than the allwinner in the op's tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

hollands wrote: »
    shipped 27th June, so about 2 weeks to delivery. Held in customs mail centre for five days !!

That was fast enough!... happy days. But 5 days in customs? - are you sure they were not playing games on the night shift in the mail centre! :)

Advertisement