Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Just saying: got the invoice not a long ago, dhl decided the whole package is worth €90 and classed according to TARIC code. So 23% VAT (equals to €20) I had to pay on the top of that. Still better off than this poor chap: http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0204/366138-paul-begley-court/ ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

padyjoe wrote: »
    Just saying: got the invoice not a long ago, dhl decided it's worth €90 and classed according to TARIC code. So 23% VAT I had to pay on the top of that. Still better off than this poor chap: http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0204/366138-paul-begley-court/ ;-)

Did you pay €90 for it? Show them your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Ooops, sorry Allyall, I meant to say the whole package was valued for €90, all I had to pay €20 VAT+handling charge.

Anyone know where to get a replacement charger for a Cube u30gt, urgently? Need it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone know where to get a replacement charger for a Cube u30gt, urgently? Need it this week.

Will a USB charger do the job? If not any generic 5v charger should do-usually available in any discount store.If all else fails, memorycards.ie has chargers in stock.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Will a USB charger do the job? If not any generic 5v charger should do-usually available in any discount store.If all else fails, memorycards.ie has chargers in stock.

The u30gt uses a 12v 2a so cant charge by USB...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keelanb12

has anybody used the memorycards.ie website I was hoping to buy a tablet off it, i tried to ring the contact number to ask a question but no one answered

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

keelanb12 wrote: »
    has anybody used the memorycards.ie website I was hoping to buy a tablet off it, i tried to ring the contact number to ask a question but no one answered

Bought a few bits,arrived within a few days.No problems.

Check the specs on some of their cheaper tablets,some have resistive screens so don't get caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I got one of these tablets by the pin from the charger got damaged as it was very flimsy. I got a USB to DC pin cable from another tablet, but with only one cable to two tablets, sometimes there's murder over it woth the kids.

Can anyone recommend a quality cable? I got a cable from ebay, but after I had to cut the plastic tip from the pin to make proper contact, it stopped working altoghether after a few days. I'd rather get a USB to DC cable than a charger as I have already a few USB chargers in the house and I'd like to keep the clutter to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

m4r10 wrote: »
    I got one of these tablets by the pin from the charger got damaged as it was very flimsy. I got a USB to DC pin cable from another tablet, but with only one cable to two tablets, sometimes there's murder over it woth the kids.

Can anyone recommend a quality cable? I got a cable from ebay, but after I had to cut the plastic tip from the pin to make proper contact, it stopped working altoghether after a few days. I'd rather get a USB to DC cable than a charger as I have already a few USB chargers in the house and I'd like to keep the clutter to a minimum.

dont know if any use to you but we use our samsung phone charger as original tablet charger broke the same way. samsung charger does not plug into original point but where it would connect to computer-usb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

could anyone help, my 9 yr old set up a pin password on tablet originally discussed here. he cant remember password,so i need reset tablet. problem is there is no reset button. i have googled it and tried holding volume button and power button at same time . still nothing

Thanks for that. The tablet won't charge through the micro USB post, only through the DC. I'll keep looking.

As for your problem, just look for a pin hole on the side, there's your reset button.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

was following this thread on and off. is the consensus that this tablet is ok so ? I might get one if it is..

m4r10 wrote: »

Think this is it. There is the correct cables and charger further back in the thread with links, but i can't find it.

You could try this anyway, I'm almost positive this should work.

Linky link link

Allyall wrote: »
    Think this is it. There is the correct cables and charger further back in the thread with links, but i can't find it.

You could try this anyway, I'm almost positive this should work.

Linky link link

Thanks, the DC pin looks small enough, but the cable itself looks thin compared to the normal tablet cable one, and it's rated only up to 500mA (at least the charger is) so that's not good.

I'll have a look back through the tread if you say there's a link posted for the cable (I'll have to take a day off though :) )

Found it. The name of the cable/charger is an LA-520

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Looking for a bit of info here, a friend of mine broke her niece's tablet and needs to replace it. She's asked me to order a replacement, the tablet was an Ainol Novo 7 legend which is available for $69.99 on Pandawill.com. Before I order I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a newer, hopefully better tablet for the same price?

There are a few that have come out since that. They moved rapidly last year.

Probably (Sticking with the same brand) the Ainol Novo Crystal II, or the Venus 7.

The Crystal II is about €75 and the Venus 7 is about €90.

Both Quad core. The Crystal II has 8GB storage, the Venus 7 16GB.
    Venus probably has a better screen.

Ainol Novo 7 Venus Features:
    Google Play: Pre-installed
    CPU: Quad Core ATM7029 ARM Cortex A9 Family 1.5GHZ
    RAM: DDR3 1G
    Storage: 16GB
    Screen: 7 inch Capacitive Touchscreen, 1280*800 High-resolution IPS Screen
    Resolution: 1280*800 Pixels
    Visible Angle: 178°
    Screen PPI:216
    Display: IPS
    Skype Yes
    Flash: Support Adobe Flash 11 and HTML5
    Dual Camera: Front 0.3M, Back 2.0M

Ainol Novo 7 Crystal II Features:
    CPU: ATM7029 Quad Core
    GPU: GC1000 Plus
    RAM: 1GB,DDR3
    Storage 8GB
    Shell Material Plastic
    Screen: Capacitive Touchscreen, 1024*600 resolution Screen
    Size: 7 inch
    Resolution: 1024*600 Pixels
    Gravity Sensor: Yes
    Front camera, 0.3 Megapixels

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Thanks for those Allyall, the Novo 7 Venus looks like a nice bit of kit! Will pass those along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zema Grim

Top recommendations for about 200 quid lads? :)

• Advertisement

7 inch: Nexus 7
    10 inch: Hero II

Saw that one alright, would I be best buying it directly from them? Anyone got any experience dealing with them first hand?

EDIT: Sorry, I mean the Hero II, I am indeed looking at 10"

Zema Grim wrote: »
    Saw that one alright, would I be best buying it directly from them? Anyone got any experience dealing with them first hand?

EDIT: Sorry, I mean the Hero II, I am indeed looking at 10"

Directly from the is not the ainol-novo site, I don't think they sell direct.

Hongkongeek/Aliexpress/geekbuying/loads of others may have it..

TBH you are looking for the fastest/cheapest delivery, and not getting stung on duty.

Hongkongeek include Duty, but Aliexpress might skip through as long as you don't use DHL. They will probably work out at the same price after vat/duty is paid, but if HongKongeek is the same price as anywhere else, then use them, as they will refund if you do get asked for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Just wondering, I just ordered another tablet and it got caught at customs. It was there for a few days and no Postie came to our door. So rang an post and all they could say was that Customs must have rejected it and it got sent back..... to flippin China. This happen to anyone before?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Seen them destroy iPhone clones before so maybe they thought it was a Nexus ripoff or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

My last one broke after 10 minutes, and now I didnt even get to hold this one..... Back to trusty Amazon from now on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

My last one broke after 10 minutes, and now I didnt even get to hold this one..... Back to trusty Amazon from now on
    But did you not break that yourself. Whether you got it from china or amazon is irrelevant if you install dodgy software on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So is everyone that got one of these happy with them?

How is the battery on them?

Got the Hero II last week, very happy with it so far. Battery life is grand, hasn't had heavy usage yet but it lasts days without use obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

Got the very cheap tablet from Hong Kong Geeks. Terrible battery, about an hour of use, but plays angry bird type games OK and netflix works on a poor enough screen. Kids happy enough with it.

Got caught for customs, but true to their word, they paid the 10 euro VAT and 6 euro postal fee too. Very straightforward claim. 2 emails did it.

Advertisement