Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

mawk wrote: »
    this tablet is defo not a step up from a dedicated games console though. not in gaming terms

No tablet is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Tockman wrote: »
    would this be a better buy for 10euros more.
    http://www.buyincoins.com/details/7-chuwi-v13-android-4-0-all-winner-a13-tablet-pc-8gb-1gb-ram-wifi-3g-capacitive-product-16712.html

It has bigger battery and 1gb memory.
    Has anyone used buyandcoins?

Did anyone go with this one ? Seems to be good value for an extra €10 with 1gb ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Barr wrote: »
    Did anyone go with this one ? Seems to be good value for an extra €10 with 1gb ram.

Probably is. My issue with Buyincoins (also Dealextreme) is that they take AGES to ship anything. Sometimes to the extent that you forget you had ordered something by the time it has arrived.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sorry off topic here but when will the nexus 7 be available for Irish customers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Did anyone receive and confirmation or anything back from customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive and confirmation or anything back from customs?
    im still waiting :(

ciaburkie wrote: »
    im still waiting :(

Me too sent them a reply on Thursday night and expected delivery yesterday which never materialised

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Access wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough so... that makes sense.

Whats the build quality like vibe? wondering if it would be solid enough for my kids to view youtube etc on.
    sorry about the delay, stuck in the hospital with a sick baby since last week, so not had a chance to test it properly yet.

YouTube works fine, as does everything else I've tried, for some reason angry birds isn't appearing in the play store, but everything else I've tried has worked fine.

That's not to say angry birds doesn't work, I'm going to manually install it when I get a chance to make sure.

I have a kindle fire as well and the screen on that is obviously a lot better, but the cheap tablet is still okay for the most part altho it does lose sensitivity a bit at the outer edges sometimes.

Performance is pretty good, but the one I got us the faster 1.2Ghz A10 model, not the cut down 1Ghz A13, so your mileage may vary.

Overall, not a perfect all singing all dancing supertablet, but I'm very happy for the money and for the quick delivery and no customs hassles with it being shipped from Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I got the email from customs on Friday night, sent one back Friday night. Heard back yesterday (Monday) saying that I owed €19.00, and that it would be available on Wednesday (either postman or at a mail center). I'll miss the postman so it'll have to be the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Was following mine on the tracker and it is now with An Post. Does that mean it's through customs or do An Post hand packets over to the customs officials?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Was following mine on the tracker and it is now with An Post. Does that mean it's through customs or do An Post hand packets over to the customs officials?

Neither. It means it's with An Post, but still might have been to Customs.

I'm not sure when Customs get it, but i think it's before, or during An Post. (I don't think it's after)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Allyall wrote: »
    Neither. It means it's with An Post, but still might have been to Customs.

I'm not sure when Customs get it, but i think it's before, or during An Post. (I don't think it's after)

It's "on route to customer" now so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Is anybody else getting this status? Shipped DateRF09430XXXG 30-06-2012 04-07-2012 Arrived at overseas (Country code: IE) Has it been sitting somewhere in Ireland for a week?How do I track it here?I guess I should be expecting a customs bill.

You need to track this side at anpost.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

I ordered this tablet on the 30th June. It was coming from Hong Kong so I decided to paid a bit extra for DHL. On Friday 6th I got a text message from DHL stating I need to pay €30 customs tax. So I called DHL and paid via credit card. On the package the value was USD$80 but on the invoice that i got a few days later in the post the value was €130.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

clansman wrote: »
    I ordered this tablet on the 30th June. It was coming from Hong Kong so I decided to paid a bit extra for DHL. On Friday 6th I got a text message from DHL stating I need to pay €30 customs tax. So I called DHL and paid via credit card. On the package the value was USD$80 but on the invoice that i got a few days later in the post the value was €130.

Value on package = $80 + postage $40 (a guess) = $120 = approx €100

vat @ 23% =  €23

add dhl admin fee whatever that is so €30 sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

clansman wrote: »

It's up to €183 now, (€150) + VAT = €184.50 plus DHL shipping, Should've been over €200. So seems like you got a great deal on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Somehow mine passed thru without getting caught by customs.

I didn't change the sending postal options, I left it at whatever the default was (I'm not sure if this was what everyone did or not), plus I ticked the box for instant re-shipping if it gets lost etc so my bill came to $71.98 or €59.75 once converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Somehow mine passed thru without getting caught by customs.

I didn't change the sending postal options, I left it at whatever the default was (I'm not sure if this was what everyone did or not), plus I ticked the box for instant re-shipping if it gets lost etc so my bill came to $71.98 or €59.75 once converted.

Was it marked as a "gift"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Barr wrote: »
    Was it marked as a "gift"

"Gift" box was ticked and under details it was down as work gift , value $20 .

Maybe its cos I'm in the west :D An Post might not care this side of the shannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

Anyone ever try asking a seller to ship as a "returned repair" ?

ahyeahok wrote: »
    An Post might not care this side of the shannon

Unfortunately not the case. I have paid VAT/duty on the majority of items I have bought from HK/China and the US over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

C. Consignments of Negligible ValueConsignments not exceeding an intrinsic value of €150 may be imported from outside the EU without payment of Customs Duty. Intrinsic value is the value of the goods alone and does not include insurance and freight). Consignments not exceeding a total customs value of €22 may be imported without payment of VAT. (Customs value is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage costs (CIF value). However, there is no relief (from Customs Duty, Excise Duty, other duties or VAT) under this negligible value provision for importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcohol products, perfumes or toilet waters irrespective of their value.Where the Customs Duty on a consignment of goods amounts to less than €10 it will not be collected. Similarly, VAT liability amounting to less than or equal to €6 will not be collected. No similar rule applies in the case of Excise Duty which will always be collected on products liable to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

So if I'm reading that right, you can bring something home from China worth €150 and not pay anything.
    But if you order something online, the value allowed is €22 (including shipping and insurance)?

Surely that can't be right. The goods are entering the country whether you carry it in your hand or get it posted. Why should the value be different?

Soarer wrote: »
    So if I'm reading that right, you can bring something home from China worth €150 and not pay anything.
    But if you order something online, the value allowed is €22 (including shipping and insurance)?

Surely that can't be right. The goods are entering the country whether you carry it in your hand or get it posted. Why should the value be different?

I don't think so. The higher value is a duty exemption, whereas the lower value is a VAT exemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Soarer wrote: »

Well, I guess you could sit at home and order items valued at €150 all day long.
    However, you are unlikely to make multiple trips to China to buy the same items.
    Importing an item by hand carrying an item into the country is much more of a one off event than ordering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

gerryk wrote: »
    I don't think so. The higher value is a duty exemption, whereas the lower value is a VAT exemption.

Ah ok. So there'd be another 10% "excise" on something over €150.
    Well, I guess you could sit at home and order items valued at €150 all day long.
    However, you are unlikely to make multiple trips to China to buy the same items.
    Importing an item by hand carrying an item into the country is much more of a one off event than ordering online.

Still don't see why it should matter. The goods are coming into the country from outside the EU, so they should be bound by the same rules.

Gerry clarified above anyways, so it's a moot point.

I was speaking to someone who works in the Dublin mails centre and all these come in on one shipment a week generally in a single container,

There has been a crackdown on customs n the last while hence why the majoirty are getting caught.

Im not sure if this is the case in the other mail centres

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Mine arrived today. Ordered last Sunday week. Marked gift and $20 value. No customs to pay. Unit works perfect. Once it has settled down after booting up and you don't dog it, it works as good if not better than many phones. For €55 you can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

tomslick wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. Ordered last Sunday week. Marked gift and $20 value. No customs to pay. Unit works perfect. Once it has settled down after booting up and you don't dog it, it works as good if not better than many phones. For €55 you can't go wrong.

you ordered it on the 1st?

i ordered mine on 7th, hoping to have it before i go on holidays on the 30th..ordered unit plus keyboard for 69 euro

Advertisement