Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

vibe666 wrote: »
    well for one, altho the A13 is newer, it is in fact just a cut down version of the A10 running at a lower clock speed with less features (so it could be made more cheaply than the A10).

i also needed it to arrive quickly for a birthday present in time for this weekend, which the other one likely wouldn't by the time i decided to order it.

so, faster, better specced cpu, free 8gb micro sd with it, better battery and shipped from the EU in time for my needs. :)

shipped from poland btw, but arrived quickly all the same.

Ah, fair enough so... that makes sense.

Whats the build quality like vibe? wondering if it would be solid enough for my kids to view youtube etc on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Access wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough so... that makes sense.

Whats the build quality like vibe? wondering if it would be solid enough for my kids to view youtube etc on.

The other thing to bear in mind, when buying these tablets is the development end, custom roms being developed etc., it is not just the spec of the tablet you should consider but the availability of (communitly) support and development.

The tweaks and mods often make an average tablet much better, and are usually not too difficult to do (even I can do it!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

There's no fine they just confiscate it. Changing the reciept might be a good idea but if it says on the outside the value of the goods your screwed.
    So can anyone say what the declared value was on the packaging for these tablets? Thanks

Any more peeps receive theirs yet... wondering about the build quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mine is due tomorrow.
    Have to pay €19.02 in customs charges
    ah well.
    Will let you know what it's like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

mine arrived. going to play with it presently, opinions to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

I'm torn between going for the €55 + €19 cheap and cheerful tab or pushing the boat out a bit and buying this one http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/ainol-novo-7-aurora-2-android-4-0-7-ips-tablet.html.

Anyone here have one of the new Aurora 11 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

mawk wrote: »
    mine arrived. going to play with it presently, opinions to follow

I'd be curious to know what movie playback (DivX or H264) is like from either uSD or internal storage.

Also, does Google Play (market) work? Youtube? Flash in the broswer?

patq16 wrote: »
    I'm torn between going for the €55 + €19 cheap and cheerful tab or pushing the boat out a bit and buying this one http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/ainol-novo-7-aurora-2-android-4-0-7-ips-tablet.html.

If you're going to spend that much, why not hold out for a Nexus 7?

gerryk wrote: »
    I'd be curious to know what movie playback (DivX or H264) is like from either uSD or internal storage.

Ok, initial impressions:

I'm posting from it, so it works.. good start.
    Google play works fine, youtube works fine as do youtube embeds in browser or chrome. In browser flash seems pretty hit and miss. Some working some not, but maybe im issing settings somewhere.

The display is pretty nice, the resolution is not a problem and the whole thing is. Nice form fctor, quite thin and pleasant in the hands.

Rte player works very well as a surprise. Once videos are playing they are very smooth.

The main hink is the general web browsing. Its not terrible, but it panics when two things are going on. Like loading and scrolling or downloading and trying to click a link. Buts its tolerable, especially is you are not accustomd to a higher end device already.

Id call it a great 75e but I may end up continuing to use my phone more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

patq16 wrote: »

My aurora 2 should be here this week. bit peeved I didnt wait for the nexus.
    I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Ok, initial impressions:

Google play works fine, youtube works fine as do youtube embeds in browser or chrome. In browser flash seems pretty hit and miss. Some working some not, but maybe im issing settings somewhere.

The display is pretty nice, the resolution is not a problem and the whole thing is. Nice form fctor, quite thin and pleasant in the hands.

Rte player works very well as a surprise. Once videos are playing they are very smooth.

The main hink is the general web browsing. Its not terrible, but it panics when two things are going on. Like loading and scrolling or downloading and trying to click a link. Buts its tolerable, especially is you are not accustomd to a higher end device already.

Sounds good. I was going to get a portable DVD player for car journeys, but I think one of these might be a better bet.

As for the hesitation during browsing... I had a transformer prime that costed almost 10 times what this little box does, and it hesitated when you tried to scroll when a page was loading, so high-end units are no better.

Sounds good. I was going to get a portable DVD player for car journeys, but I think one of these might be a better bet.

As for the hesitation during browsing... I had a transformer prime that costed almost 10 times what this little box does, and it hesitated when you tried to scroll when a page was loading, so high-end units are no better.

Battery life may be aproblemor long journeys.I'm extrapolating here, but... 2 hours?

That said it reported charging 40% in about ten mins.. Two amp charger but that's still probably a bit whacky. Might settle with some use

Is its charger a mini usb charger... what about a car charger... would a normal usb cig lighter with a usb to mini usb lead work to chargew this during long car journeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

If you're going to spend that much, why not hold out for a Nexus 7?
    I know the Nexus is better specs on most things but dont like the fact that you cant upgrade the memory above 16.

Is its charger a mini usb charger... what about a car charger... would a normal usb cig lighter with a usb to mini usb lead work to chargew this during long car journeys?
    There's no reason why not

Ah, it came with a proprietary charger so iassumed that it wouldn't charge over usb. Just tried though and its fine

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

how did it take to get to you (well the letter from customs) after it was dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whats the rom community like for these? My old dropad had pretty great support.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lh

ciaburkie wrote: »
    how did it take to get to you (well the letter from customs) after it was dispatched?

Also curious to hear this as mine shipped yesterday....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Another Customs question :) If you buy the extras that come with the tablet eg 8GB Micro SDHC Memory Card , screen protector etc would you have to pay customs on the overall amount or just the price of the tablet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Barr wrote: »
    Another Customs question :) If you buy the extras that come with the tablet eg 8GB Micro SDHC Memory Card , screen protector etc would you have to pay customs on the overall amount or just the price of the tablet ?

Price of tablet + accessories + Shipping. They charge vat on the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

ED E wrote: »
    Price of tablet + accessories + Shipping. They charge vat on the whole lot.

Ah sh!te ...as the whole package for €75 seemed like a great deal :o

Ok, initial impressions:

My impressions are much like the above. for the price its far better than any reasonable expectations

it seems solid enough. screen is bright and responds well.

it has google play out of the box and all the apps i tried have worked fine. netflix works well. rte player works but is a little slow. justin tv works but again, a bit slow.

there doesnt appear to be a vibration function so haptic feedback doesnt work. the camera is fine for skype but the mic picks up lots of noise from handling the case.

battery has yet to be tested properly.

overall. excellent value. will work for web browsing and apps for the kids. looks good, does exactly what it said it would do for a rock bottom price

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Bought a case /keyboard on ebay for 19.99 euro. Tablet is very responsive to it ( much more than I expected), but i had to put a splitter on the usb for the mouse.

sparksfly wrote: »
    Bought a case /keyboard on ebay for 19.99 euro. Tablet is very responsive to it ( much more than I expected), but i had to put a splitter on the usb for the mouse.

have you a link for the case/keyboard on ebay sparksfly... sounds like a good accessory to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

sparksfly wrote: »

have you a link for the case/keyboard on ebay sparksfly... sounds like a good accessory to have.

Type 260899551796 into searchbar in ebay.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Akrasia wrote: »
    My impressions are much like the above. for the price its far better than any reasonable expectations

it has google play out of the box and all the apps i tried have worked fine. netflix works well. rte player works but is a little slow. justin tv works but again, a bit slow.

there doesnt appear to be a vibration function so haptic feedback doesnt work. the camera is fine for skype but the mic picks up lots of noise from handling the case.

overall. excellent value. will work for web browsing and apps for the kids. looks good, does exactly what it said it would do for a rock bottom price

Thinking of getting one of these for the small lad, will it play games such as Angry birds etc to an acceptable standard?
    He is looking at the next console being a step up from the Ds and the Nintendo Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Fiskar wrote: »
    Akrasia wrote: »

Thinking of getting one of these for the small lad, will it play games such as Angry birds etc to an acceptable standard?
    He is looking at the next console being a step up from the Ds and the Nintendo Wii.

Ordered one last night how long from ordering did it take to arrive ?

• Advertisement

Fiskar wrote: »

I tried angry birds in space and oregon trail. angry birds runs great. very smooth, oregon trail was a bit stuttery but playable.

this tablet is defo not a step up from a dedicated games console though. not in gaming terms

Advertisement