Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

@Demios - how did you get on after? scratched screen or screen protector and screen ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Murphisto

gerryk wrote: »
    I had a look at the photo, and from the reflectivity of the screen, and the level of diffusion of light, it really looks like there is still a screen protector fitted.

I am basing this on a not-great quality photograph, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but is it worth double-checking?

Thanks Gerry. It was difficult to see but it was there alright.

Feeling a little foolish this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Murphisto wrote: »
    Apologies McBub. It turns out there was a screen protector on it after all, it was just very difficult to see. So after peeling it off (I found a nice smooth shiny scratch free screen underneath!)

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Murphisto wrote: »
    Feeling a little foolish this morning!

A bit relieved too, I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I was wondering why they had instructions on removing the screen protector on the bottom of their page under the specs of the tablet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thanks for that... didnt realise there was a screen protector on mine too. A lot of picking got a corner up and got rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

got mine today but keyboard doesn't fit...

http://www.mcbub.com/item/Black-Leather-Case-with-Mini-USB-Interface-Keyboard-for-7-inch-MID-Tablet-PC-CN109447--142945/

the spec on the tablet says mini but it's micro... i've bought an adaptor but when i plug it in nothing happens?

any advise on how to get it to work or what to do?

regards

jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

got mine today but keyboard doesn't fit...

http://www.mcbub.com/item/Black-Leather-Case-with-Mini-USB-Interface-Keyboard-for-7-inch-MID-Tablet-PC-CN109447--142945/

the spec on the tablet says mini but it's micro... i've bought an adaptor but when i plug it in nothing happens?

any advise on how to get it to work or what to do?

regards

jonny

try making a blutooth connection if it got any

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »
    Zerks are McBub cool for buying from? Any issues ?

Are those issues with scratched screens etc above from McBub?

Ordered the one I linked to so I'll let you know when it arrives,seems the scratched screen issue is over,some of our fellow boardsies didn't take the screen protector off.:pac:

Nobody here looks to have issues with McBub so I reckon they are ok to buy from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Read every post on here .still cant decide, price E55 plus customs E20, total E75?
    but not everyone paid customs,was this just pot luck or how details were filled in?
    Thinking of getting one for my son,just internet use.

• Advertisement

nig1 wrote: »
    Read every post on here .still cant decide, price E55 plus customs E20, total E75?
    but not everyone paid customs,was this just pot luck or how details were filled in?
    Thinking of getting one for my son,just internet use.

Even with customs it's still a cheap tablet,we were looking at a Leapfrog one & it's really basic yet costs €99.My son is way too advanced to be bothered with a Leapfrog pad even at his age so the tablet I ordered ticks all the boxes plus I can put movies on it for him.

Anything similar here in Irish stores costs around 3 times the price,even the rubbish ones in Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Its a nice little tab for the money,I am well pleased with it

Any new roms out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

vicwatson wrote: »
    @Demios - how did you get on after? scratched screen or screen protector and screen ok?

Apologises for not replying sooner.

It appeared to be a screen protector after all, but jaysus is it hard to find. Theres no obvious indication of it so I mentioned it to them about telling their customers after shipping the thing. If nothing it will avoid droves of angry emails!

Happy out with it, despite the customs souring the bargain, im still quite happy with it.

zerks wrote: »
    Ordered the one I linked to so I'll let you know when it arrives,seems the scratched screen issue is over,some of our fellow boardsies didn't take the screen protector off.:pac:

Nobody here looks to have issues with McBub so I reckon they are ok to buy from.

Would love if you'd let me know as I'm interested in that one too. Cheers

Demios wrote: »
    Apologises for not replying sooner.

It appeared to be a screen protector after all, but jaysus is it hard to find. Theres no obvious indication of it so I mentioned it to them about telling their customers after shipping the thing. If nothing it will avoid droves of angry emails!

Happy out with it, despite the customs souring the bargain, im still quite happy with it.

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

They admitted website described it wrong sending an adaptor to fix problem. Although they made error they fixed a s a p. Good customer service .

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Old Jim

Ordered one of these mainly for use as an in-car movie player for the kids.
    What would one need to charge this from the 12V socket in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Old Jim wrote: »

A 12V car charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

oleras wrote: »

A 12V car charger.
    it charges from micro usb so any generic mobile phone charger would work with this

has anyone had any luck rooting or overclocking this device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Do customs, once they send out the letter looking for payment details, send back any confirmation for the email you send them? as i received the letter friday but sent the email to them without reference code on the wednesday beforehand just on the off chance it might speed up a bit..... been in customs now for over 5 business days.

And do on post take laser card (in case i have no cash at the door)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

I had to email customs again to get an acknowledgement of my original .email quoting tracking number or the number on your email from customs. Cash only at the door for An Post and they don't have change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Old Perry wrote: »
    And do on post take laser card (in case i have no cash at the door)?

Cash or cheque made out to 'An Post' only, no cards of any sort accepted by postie I'm afraid.

If i have no cash or cheque at the door im guessing the item will be taken back to the local office for collection?

Old Perry wrote: »
    If i have no cash or cheque at the door im guessing the item will be taken back to the local office for collection?

yeah, basically.

Access wrote: »
    yeah, basically.

grand, im hopin it may be delivered tomorrow morning and i have neither cash or cheque on me now. Cool thanks people.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Some filling stations sell a multi adapter charger for around 9.99.
    If it has a mini USB fitting, its fine.

For someone looking for similar in a bricks & mortar shop here's one in Argos for €129.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5088656/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

Pretty similar spec but 2 and a half times the price.

"Out for delivery to customer" Nice one.
    Seems to have bypassed the customs.
    Based on a hunch triggered by someone on this thread, I ticked the insurance box. Dunno if there's any correlation, but there may well be.

gerryk wrote: »
    "Out for delivery to customer" Nice one.
    Seems to have bypassed the customs.
    Based on a hunch triggered by someone on this thread, I ticked the insurance box. Dunno if there's any correlation, but there may well be.

Think you need to elaborate a bit more on this... (might come in handy!)

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    Think you need to elaborate a bit more on this... (might come in handy!)

Someone mentioned earlier that they had not been charged VAT/duty by customs, and that they had selected the insurance option at point of sale. I did likewise, and also was not charged.
    There is a correlation, but that doesn't necessarily imply a causal relationship.

Advertisement