Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jujibee wrote: »
    I have holidays coming up in two weeks and I have absolutely no motivation for all of the work I have to get done before then.

Does anyone have any spare motivation? I can pay in cookies?

you could make a list and tick it off
    then you feel all productive and accomplished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

bluewolf wrote: »
    you could make a list and tick it off
    then you feel all productive and accomplished

Yeah, I should have a handle on it all by mid-week. Right now I just don't even know all the due dates. I should be working on figuring that out but I am procrastinating instead.

I am a little afraid that as I keep digging, my to do list is going to get insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hba1 c. Down from 11 in January to 8.6, she is out of the danger zone..... Over the moon.. Diabetes getting under control.... Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yay! Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Holy crap, chocolate biscuits. With REAL chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Welcome home Susie_Q :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've worked in two delis and I go out of my way to go to one of them. The food quality and hygiene standards were excellent in both.

I only don't go to the other one because the boss was such a knob that I wouldn't give him a penny.

I used to make the coleslaw and there was a very specific method and standard for making it. The coleslaw I worry about it the stuff in the self-service area. Customers don't need to be signed off on hygiene certificates!

Our coleslaw, like everything else, came pre-made in buckets. There'd be a thin layer of crust on the top of them that we were told to 'mix in well'.

Ugghghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Polloloca wrote: »
    No. I usually get flights to the UK super early in the morning which means I don't get much sleep the night before, and then I'll go to the bar in the airport and will fall asleep naturally on the plane over. The longer flights 3/4 hrs, I'll just get drunk and I'll be fine but the really long flights I need to be knocked out for.
    ah I see...........few sneaky whiskey's before the plane takes off ; )

So you're really Billy Connolly then?

About 3:35 in...

Our coleslaw, like everything else, came pre-made in buckets. There'd be a thin layer of crust on the top of them that we were told to 'mix in well'.

Ugghghhhhh

I think I am going to stop eating coleslaw :(

Ugghghhhhh

and that is me off coleslaw for the rest of my life :(

im updating my recipe folder! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Argh, stomach pain is back since I had lunch (skipped breakfast to be safe). This wedding diet might be easier than I thought :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im so happy I dont like coleslaw :-D

Im so happy I dont like coleslaw :-D

thats just wrong.... coleslaw is lovely!

Dolorous wrote: »
    Argh, stomach pain is back since I had lunch (skipped breakfast to be safe). This wedding diet might be easier than I thought :rolleyes:

Did you eat the coleslaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Coleslaw is muck. A friend works in a deli and told me not to eat chicken from her deli... She did not elaborate why but it's put me right off.

Just had a nice lunch out with my father.

jujibee wrote: »
    Did you eat the coleslaw?

I thought it was coleslaw, but it turned out to be cold slop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Hotdogs for dinner tonight. :/ I really want some Kaku-Ni (braised pork belly) from the Yamamori tho.
    Anyone here going to see Shirley Templebar on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

There are only 2 delis I get food from regularly. And that's because I know people who work there and theyve assured the food is totally fine. I should add those 2 places were pretty upmarket/expensive! Everything's made daily.

I'd never.ever.EVER. Go near one of those self serve delis. Especially the one in supermarkets.....

Nigella lawson is making me hungry...

Good deed for the day: someone sent an email venting about my boss to my boss by mistake, and I have access to the bosses' inbox so swiftly deleted it and let the person know that I'd intercepted it. I know all too well how it feels to send something to the wrong person! It was almost tempting to watch the sparks fly though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kate.m wrote: »
    There are only 2 delis I get food from regularly. And that's because I know people who work there and theyve assured the food is totally fine. I should add those 2 places were pretty upmarket/expensive! Everything's made daily.

I'd never.ever.EVER. Go near one of those self serve delis. Especially the one in supermarkets.....

Nigella lawson is making me hungry...

after I saw a guy dip his finger in coleslaw, let his kid eat it off then dip it in again I'm never eating from a self serve deli again, was rotten.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

McChubbin wrote: »
    Hotdogs for dinner tonight. :/ I really want some Kaku-Ni (braised pork belly) from the Yamamori tho.
    Anyone here going to see Shirley Templebar on Friday?

Can you get healthy hot dogs? Because I love hotdogs so much but the calories/salt/saturated fat levels are batsh1t, so I haven't had one in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hotdogs are made of win
    om nom nom

havent had any in forever

doesnt seem that bad though
    http://www.ichange.com/nutrition/how-many-calories-in/one-frankfurt

it's the bread that's a killer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Holy crap, chocolate biscuits. With REAL chocolate!

Welcome home SusieQ!

I finally got a place sorted for next September, a newly refurbished apartment really near college and with a nine month lease! So essited to see it, it's supposed to be lovely!

I always forget how nice Petit Filous is! Om noms.

I really need a job...ive become too addicted to Jeremy Kyle :o

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

krudler wrote: »
    after I saw a guy dip his finger in coleslaw, let his kid eat it off then dip it in again I'm never eating from a self serve deli again, was rotten.

:eek:

Yeah I've heard similar stories...*shudders*
    My mum brought some home once and I threw it straight out. Told her she must have left it at the supermarket....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hate all kinds of salad-y things so yay for me and my unhealthy lifestyle! I especially hate mayonaise and white foods - coleslaw, potato salad, garlic dip... ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I need this on a tshirt for reasons

tumblr_m5erbza76O1qbvj8yo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

12 days work without a day off, I think I may be slipping into insanity. I also have to turn in a 4,000-word chapter of my dissertation in exactly one month and I've yet to put pen to paper. My brain, she hurts :confused: :pac: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Homemade coleslaw is good. Preferably without mayonnaise.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hurry up Aircoach, I want to get home and watch the football!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

The OH is cooking homemade burgers and chips tonight! Lovely man remembered me saying a couple of times over the last few months how much I'd love a big dirty burger and vingary chips. He won't let me do a thing except dance around the kitchen sipping wine! I could get used to this!

Went through all the clothes in my wardrobe today and am getting rid of at least 50% of what I own. Will post some of the better stuff up on boards so you guys can take some free stuff if you want before Oxfam gets them. I just have way way too much stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement