Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

do you take them when just going across the water too?to the uk?

No. I usually get flights to the UK super early in the morning which means I don't get much sleep the night before, and then I'll go to the bar in the airport and will fall asleep naturally on the plane over. The longer flights 3/4 hrs, I'll just get drunk and I'll be fine but the really long flights I need to be knocked out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    im going on holiday in October. It will be the first time I've ever gone away on my own!!

where you going?
    Boston :)
    I have stuff planned for all the days, just worry about going to resturants on my own

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Polloloca wrote: »
    No. I usually get flights to the UK super early in the morning which means I don't get much sleep the night before, and then I'll go to the bar in the airport and will fall asleep naturally on the plane over. The longer flights 3/4 hrs, I'll just get drunk and I'll be fine but the really long flights I need to be knocked out for.

ah I see...........few sneaky whiskey's before the plane takes off ; )
    I have stuff planned for all the days, just worry about going to resturants on my own

nice,I'm trying to get funds together for a trip to new york in november

ah don't worry about eating on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

awec wrote: »
    Go for a seat in the emergency row over the wing.

Much more leg room, much more comfortable.

I always sit there if I can, otherwise I have to sit in an aisle seat so I can put my legs in the aisle.

Was stuck in a middle seat flying home from benidorm a few weeks ago. A few hours of my knees and shins jarred into the seat in front is not even remotely comfortable. :(

I got one a few rows behind one of the wings, at the window. It's only a 1 hour and 45 minutes flight so I shouldn't be too uncomfortable :) It's about the same length as my bus journey to college every day, that's quite funny to think!

I'm so excited I feel a bit sick :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Snoopy - don't worry about eating by yourself. I think it's actually one of the most enjoyable things to do on holiday! You will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have a craving for a jambon. I think I need to go get one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i got the dress!! :eek::D:D

and a pretty light suit

and this top
    http://www.next.co.uk/x4958s6
    it feels and looks like a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love travelling alone, was at the tail end of bus tour around the West coast of America and was in San Francisco on my own for a few days, absolutely loved it, got chatting to loads of random people even though I'd usually keep to myself. Americans are pretty friendly for the most part anyway and you're in Boston, you'll be fine :)

I dont mind flying, would rather an 8hr flight to American than a 5 hour flight to somewhere on a Ryanair flight, horrid planes, grand for quick flights but the idea of being on a transatlantic one is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

bluewolf wrote: »
    i got the dress!! :eek::D:D

and a pretty light suit

and this top
    http://www.next.co.uk/x4958s6
    it feels and looks like a dream!

That top is gorgeous.

How much for the body that goes with it? :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That top is gorgeous.

How much for the body that goes with it? :(

it's very flattering...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Thanks everyone.
    I've loads of stuff planned for the days anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

eh sorry about last night, i shouldnt be allowed to go near technology when tipsy :o

but i found my fav pj shorts.....they are pacman ones!! :D

eh sorry about last night, i shouldnt be allowed to go near technology when tipsy :o

but i found my fav pj shorts.....they are pacman ones!! :D

Don't apologise, we all had good chats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Novella wrote: »
    I have a craving for a jambon. I think I need to go get one.

Aw me too. I want one. Just realized I'm actually really hungry. Food hunt.

what is a jambon
    ham?

what is a jambon
    ham?

its a pastry with ham and cheese in it

?s=amFtLnBuZ3xncmlkM3gyLm5vcm1hbHxpbWFnZXxpbWFnZQ%3D%3D&ext=.png

Oh, that looks amazing!

what is a jambon
    ham?

pastry thingy, they usually live next to sausage rolls in delis :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

what is a jambon
    ham?

About 500 calories of rotten :D

im craving one now....

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    pastry thingy, they usually live next to sausage rolls in delis :pac:

i don't think i ever go near a deli!

was eyeing up a muffin in the canteen earlier though even though i'm not hungry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i don't think i ever go near a deli!

I worked at one for about 2 years. I would never eat from one again.

I've seen some nasty stuff in coleslaw....ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Also, don't go near the mushroom vol-au-vents :s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

:eek:

its funny how working someplace would put you off eating from there, same as cinemas, if its not fresh out of the machine popcorn then no thanks. the unsold popcorn from the display cases is bagged and kept overnight, blech. and pic n mix, yeah thats just germs by the scoopload

please dont ruin coleslaw for me!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

krudler wrote: »
    its funny how working someplace would put you off eating from there, same as cinemas, if its not fresh out of the machine popcorn then no thanks. the unsold popcorn from the display cases is bagged and kept overnight, blech. and pic n mix, yeah thats just germs by the scoopload

Yeah, I used to work at an omelette bar in university, the food was clean, I was just so sick of the smell of eggs. It was years before I could eat eggs again.

i worked in a certain fast food place for 2 years
    never put me off though :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've worked in two delis and I go out of my way to go to one of them. The food quality and hygiene standards were excellent in both.

I only don't go to the other one because the boss was such a knob that I wouldn't give him a penny.

I used to make the coleslaw and there was a very specific method and standard for making it. The coleslaw I worry about it the stuff in the self-service area. Customers don't need to be signed off on hygiene certificates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have holidays coming up in two weeks and I have absolutely no motivation for all of the work I have to get done before then.

Does anyone have any spare motivation? I can pay in cookies?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement