Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jesus! Bet you have a food baby now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im actually drooling over that! Yum!

I think i get Captain Americas tomorrow though!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Susie_Q wrote: »
    OH just made me this and I ate it (well, most of it). WAS AMAZING.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/giant_eye/burger.jpg
    *drool*

Any chance of the recipe please? I may get my bf to make it for me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

After chatting to a few of my friends from college today I remembered how badly my exams went and I'm terrified about the results on Wednesday now :(

But we're having a fun weekend next weekend to celebrate what will hopefully be passable results and the whole Paris thing so there's that to look forward to at least. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hba1 c. Down from 11 in January to 8.6, she is out of the danger zone..... Over the moon.. Diabetes getting under control.... Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well done to both of ye.

I dropped mine from over 11 to 8.1 in about 2 months about a year and a half ago. I felt so unwell for all that time and my doctor asked me to stop being so trigger happy with the insulin as I lost hypoglcaemic awareness. :o

Doctors (/Medical students) are terrible patients.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

1/2 pound minced beef, mix it up with some diced onion, a tbsp sweet paprika, heaped tbsp wholegrain mustard, 2 tbsp worchestershire sauce, 1 clove chopped garlic, cracked black pepper and salt. Form into burgers and then make a hollow and stuff in some cubed cheddar. Pack the meat around the cheddar to enclose it in a secret magic pocket of deliciousness.

Sear in hot oil for 1 minute each side, then cook on low-medium heat for 15 mins, turning occasionally.

Eat with all the toppings you can manage! :cool: We had it with pickled red cabbage, mayo, ketchup, raw onion, tomato and lettuce.

After chatting to a few of my friends from college today I remembered how badly my exams went and I'm terrified about the results on Wednesday now :(

But we're having a fun weekend next weekend to celebrate what will hopefully be passable results and the whole Paris thing so there's that to look forward to at least. :)

Pfftt dont be worrying about the exams for now mmmkay?? Im sure you did great!! :D

2000th post!! :D Huzzah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jane i havent decided yet, i think i have a fair idea though im giving guy 2 a chance wednesday but guy 3 could possibly be my frickin soulmate but we havent seen each other in over a year so this could just be coming from my head!
    Guy 1 is just a roide me thinks....and he is really big...im curious yet scared of it hahaha

Trust your instincts and you'll be fine. :)
    OH just made me this and I ate it (well, most of it). WAS AMAZING.

burger.jpg

Oh my God that looks amazing!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

1/2 pound minced beef, mix it up with some diced onion, a tbsp sweet paprika, heaped tbsp wholegrain mustard, 2 tbsp worchestershire sauce, 1 clove chopped garlic, cracked black pepper and salt. Form into burgers and then make a hollow and stuff in some cubed cheddar. Pack the meat around the cheddar to enclose it in a secret magic pocket of deliciousness.

Sear in hot oil for 1 minute each side, then cook on low-medium heat for 15 mins, turning occasionally.

Eat with all the toppings you can manage! :cool: We had it with pickled red cabbage, mayo, ketchup, raw onion, tomato and lettuce.

Awesome, I've been looking out for a good burger recipe! I love the idea of the cheesey surprise in the middle! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dolorous wrote: »
    32? My arse.

She had her first daughter when she was 15 I think, so 32 would be right or close enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks so much Susie, can't wait to try this. May have it for dindins tomorrow :D

Is sweet paprika the same as normal? Or is it a different type? I don't recall ever seeing it in shops, but could be wrong, I'm not the most observant. :o

Im trying it soon!! :D
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Trust your instincts and you'll be fine. :)

yea but its the long distance thing that is annoying me and is it weird that i kinda miss guy 3 right now? He had to go to scotland on friday and he wont be back until sunday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Anyone know the best website for booking last minute flights? Thinking of making a VERY surprise visit back home for a few days at the end of the month possibly maybe... :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    She had her first daughter when she was 15 I think, so 32 would be right or close enough...

thats a year older than me, shenanigans says I :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    thats a year older than me, shenanigans says I :pac:

I'm the same age as her :P

In that case she's a great advertisement for not getting plastic surgery :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

For the first time in a million years (ie one year) there are no unread mails in my work email to deal with, am all caught up on them, feels so good!

Anyone know the best website for booking last minute flights? Thinking of making a VERY surprise visit back home for a few days at the end of the month possibly maybe... :o:D

ive heard good things about this site! I havent used it myself though!

http://www.lastminute.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

skyscanner.ie is handy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

For the first time in a million years (ie one year) there are no unread mails in my work email to deal with, am all caught up on them, feels so good!

Ooh I love that feeling! :D
    Dolorous wrote: »

tumblr_m4zzggSBhV1r8sgsso3_500.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Limit one per parent, unless you have twins, triplets or quadruplets, in which case you can buy one per child. Groupon, the official World's Foremost Authority in Baby Naming™ , will name your child or children "Clembough". No substitutes or modifications. Spelling non-negotiable. Any attempt to name your child "Clembough" independent of this exclusive Groupon will be recognized by the world as a cheap imitation. If you fail to contact Groupon on or before the expiration date to have your progeny anointed Clembough, we will reject you and refund every penny of the purchase price.

lol

'Its previous baby-related ventures include Grouspawn and its sponsorship of the all-infant rugby league, Tot Scrum.' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

robbed from YLYL, I hate people like this, I used to have someone on my facebook feed who went from single to relationship and back again every bloody week.

U553Y.jpg

first few pages of
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Mountain
    are great

one day maybe i will be able to read it in its original language :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

My dinner went cold while I was talking on the phone. :(

I still ate it though.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭deisedude

awec wrote: »
    I had a very surreal text discussion there with some girl who wouldn't believe me when I told her that she wasn't texting who she thought she was.

In hindsight I should have played along.

I played along before in a similar situation. Didn't end well and ended up finding out personal information I did not want to know. Felt pretty ****ty afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I think I have a bug or something. Boo, :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Also... Ebookers.com is the site I use for last minute long flights

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement