Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Novella wrote: »
    I think in order for us to give adequate advice, we'd need to see the pic!

Yep, it's all for research and scientific purposes. Have to be unbiased.

(But if it's as you say it is.. there could be a little bit of bias ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pixie darling, I mean this in the nicest way but if we were having this conversation face to face I would have probably slapped you. If these guys weren't interested in ALL of you then you wouldn't be in the predicament that you are. You clearly have something going for you so start looking at the positives! I know that I don't know you but I'm sure that you look great!

And personality always comes before looks so stop worrying about that. Looks can only get you so far, it's personality that seals the deal

please dont hit me :o But its so frickin hard to look at the positive of my looks i physically cant do it! They have all said to me that i have an awesome personality and what they like is my cute face which is nice! But i dunno i think i really need to focus on liking myself first for a bit!
    coco_lola wrote: »
    I don't think she's talking about weight ;)
    It never even occurred to me that we could be talking about his weight! :pac:
    Now I wanna see the pic! :p :pac:
    I think in order for us to give adequate advice, we'd need to see the pic!

its HUGE!!! As my friend told me its like a black mans willy attached to a white guy...with a sexy london accent.....innit?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Pixie darling, I mean this in the nicest way but if we were having this conversation face to face I would have probably slapped you. If these guys weren't interested in ALL of you then you wouldn't be in the predicament that you are. You clearly have something going for you so start looking at the positives! I know that I don't know you but I'm sure that you look great!

And personality always comes before looks so stop worrying about that. Looks can only get you so far, it's personality that seals the deal

please dont hit me :o But its so frickin hard to look at the positive of my looks i physically cant do it! They have all said to me that i have an awesome personality and what they like is my cute face which is nice! But i dunno i think i really need to focus on liking myself first for a bit!

I'm really glad to see you say that. You need to make liking yourself a priority because until then that feeling will attempt to sabotage everything you do! Please look after yourself pixie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I'm really glad to see you say that. You need to make liking yourself a priority because until then that feeling will attempt to sabotage everything you do! Please look after yourself pixie.

i have been doing kinda ok the past few weeks though but i think the past week ive just been slipping back which isnt good at all! And dont worry i will...i refuse to let myself be as depressed as i used to be :)

Also....Kiera is seriously missing out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

its HUGE!!! As my friend told me its like a black mans willy attached to a white guy...with a sexy london accent.....innit?!

Let us confirm that your friend is not leading you astray! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I think this is an appropriate time to tell y'all what I learned off a drunk American last night.

Now this girls is beautiful, long dark hair, great figure, great face and a totally amazing person on top of that. All she had to say about herself was she was too chubby (size 12/14 at MOST and definitely not over weight for her height) no guy would want her and that I was way prettier than her, my boobs were better than hers, who'd choose her over me etc. (all I am is a voice, glasses and boobs. I was in a dress that makes me look wide {I'm an 18-20}, my hair needed a wash and my skin is a wreck at the moment.)
    This girl was so upset because she'd been dumped she couldn't see ANY of the amazing things about herself and it really made me sad.

I think every girl could do with loving them-self a bit more tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ohhh, loving the new thread title!

Well I just finished the longest, ****tiest night of work EVER! Bar was so bloody mobbed. Was supposed to finish at 11...just out now. I will enjoy my sleep in tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I approve of Dunnes' half-price Haagen Dazs idea. The person who came up with that idea is a valued member of the workforce.

Belgian Chocolate.:)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On coffeeshop free wifi in Poznan airport, all-nighter because I'm flying to London at 6:15. There are literally no words for how tired I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Oh new thread :)

Haven't been to sleep yet (think I'll crash any minute) Deadly night! Met a few Boardsies and brother's new girlfriend who is lovely. Left late but back in warm bed now :) Going to have a few hours snooze and then study for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

SarahBeep! wrote: »

in every sense? :pac:

morning
    very tired
    lots to be done today
    zzz

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »

#When you think I've loved you all I can,
    I'm gonna love you a little bit more.#

Trippy dreams. Links and her gf were there and I was checking them in to the military compound I was living on (I was some sort of soldier). Then some sort of enemy appeared and Links was insistent on completing her signing in to the register of visitors in spite of the danger. Me and MrsS were shouting at her to get a move on but she insisted on putting a smiley face after her signature. Eventually she was finished and ran, but the enemy was already in the camp. So I had to tackle the enemy and killed it with my bare hands. I was freakishly strong.

I've never killed anyone in a dream before. I was very blase about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

grumble, monday, grumble, up at 7am, need moar coffee..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh the sunburn....oh the pain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Greetings from Dublin! After an extraordinarily long and interesting journey I made it home yesterday. Travel highlights include:

- An Australian nun marching over to me in Abu Dhabi and practically shouting "You must be Irish... here, have some chocolate", thrusting some coconut chocolate into my hand and then walking off.
    - Waiter in a coffee shop in Delhi airport watching me write a letter and telling me he's never seen handwriting like mine and could I please also write him a letter. I took great pleasure in doing so and signed it with a huge flourish (and a fake name :)).
    - Meeting a wonderful Indian woman named Sujartha in the duty free who showed me photos of her son, then accidently scrolled too far and showed me a naked picture of her husband.

Got completely spoiled yesterday, my entire family came over and fed me, tea-d me, hugged me, gifted me. My 5 year old nephew told me he "missed me more than space... no, wait, what's bigger than space? Because I missed you beyond the size of space" which made me laugh and smile so much I nearly cried. He later pulled me aside and angrily said "listen... no more India, okay?" That little guy is amazing.

Love the new thread title - lovely to writing this from Ireland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Wuhoo, yippe the chat thread is back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Welcome home Susie,

Off to olch. Hope my lady gets on ok, I don't have high hopes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Morning all. I am beyond tired today and don't finish work until 10pm, eeeuuurgh. Must have lots of coffee, stat!

Welcome back Susie! :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Welcome Back Suzie :) Your nephew sounds dotey!!

Anyone want to let the sun gods know that my little brother has not one but two Leaving Cert exams today, so in the interests of equality and fairness, they need to have stone splitting sun today? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hba1 c. Down from 11 in January to 8.6, she is out of the danger zone..... Over the moon.. Diabetes getting under control.... Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeéeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I went down to get a mocha
    Machine decided to start its rinse cycle when I got there
    Went to the other one
    Another rinse cycle
    Stood there like an eejit waiting for it to finish
    Selected mocha
    Sputtered out water instead of the chocolate part

Decided fcuk this im getting a normal coffee then

Stood there trying to remember where the normal coffee things are because im that tired and I haven't had them in forever

I havent had coffee in 10 weeks and i wanted a sweet one :mad:

I don't like mondays can I go home now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Woke up to a PFO from McDonalds this morning. First PFO I've gotten in months, and it's from McDonalds :mad:.

This lack of a job nonsense is soul destroying.

I went down to get a mocha
    Machine decided to start its rinse cycle when I got there
    Went to the other one
    Another rinse cycle
    Stood there like an eejit waiting for it to finish
    Selected mocha
    Sputtered out water instead of the chocolate part

Decided fcuk this im getting a normal coffee then

Stood there trying to remember where the normal coffee things are because im that tired and I haven't had them in forever

I havent had coffee in 10 weeks and i wanted a sweet one :mad:

I don't like mondays can I go home now

days that start like this should have a reset button

Woke up to a PFO from McDonalds this morning. First PFO I've gotten in months, and it's from McDonalds :mad:.

PFO?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Yeah!! That too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

krudler wrote: »
    PFO?

Please F**k Off. It's a letter/email/phonecall/text message or whatever to say you didn't get the job :pac:

Please F**k Off. It's a letter/email/phonecall/text message or whatever to say you didn't get the job :pac:

oh lol, its early :o I got one of those for a job I applied for in january, did an interview in early feb and got mailed the other day saying they didnt actually have any positions even though they interviewed for them, heard from someone who works in the same place its a clusterfcuk of organisation, I can see why now. 4 month response time to an interview? I'd almost forgotten I did it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Das Kitty wrote: »
    #When you think I've loved you all I can,
    I'm gonna love you a little bit more.#

Trippy dreams. Links and her gf were there and I was checking them in to the military compound I was living on (I was some sort of soldier). Then some sort of enemy appeared and Links was insistent on completing her signing in to the register of visitors in spite of the danger. Me and MrsS were shouting at her to get a move on but she insisted on putting a smiley face after her signature. Eventually she was finished and ran, but the enemy was already in the camp. So I had to tackle the enemy and killed it with my bare hands. I was freakishly strong.

I've never killed anyone in a dream before. I was very blase about it.

I love crazy dreams :-D

I feel your pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Morning/almost afternoon everyone :D

Curled up on the couch with jelly sweets watching Friends, good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It is such a nice day out. :) Thank you weather Jesus for understanding that I cannot live in a country that is cold, nor can I afford to move. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement