Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Nope - not wicking again..........

To be honest, this isn't working out for me at all. I dont have the patience for it. I'll maybe have one more crack at it over the weekend but then I'll put it up on the "For Sale" thread for 30 Euro or so if it doesn't work out. I do think it would work well with mesh but I dont have the skill or the patience to learn.

Hopefully have my trusty RDA back next week. Tank systems just dont agree with me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was gona say I'd send you on my aluminium bulli to try out, but I only have one drip tip adapter so it'd be useless to you

shame you wont be at vapefest, if I'm ever gonna be up around dublin on a weekend I'll fire off a pm, can meet you in town or something and you can try out the bulli a2 classic

have a post over on ukvapers, loads of bulli users there.. someone should be able to give you a hand

Hmmm. think the wick was too loose and had come up from the coil. I took out the mesh and opened it up and inserted 2 pieces of 1mm wick. I put it back in gently to the right level and it seems to be working okay now again. I've a couple of mm of wick poking out of the end that meets the coil.

It's not too bad at all now actually. I think I'll get some mesh from Cloud 9 and have a real decent go at it. Funny thing is that when it works it's great.

I have to say that I must have vaped a ton yesterday trying to get it sorted and I've even got a sore throat today!

hehe yeah it's horrible when you can't get it working right.. you just end up recoiling, changing stuff and chain vaping like a madman.. then your tastebuds get so screwed up that even if you get it right you couldn't tell

http://www.themeshcompany.com/acatalog/index.html

ive seen this crowd linked on ukvapers before, might be cheaper than c9v

iirc you want 400 for heavy pg juices, 325 for juices with a lot of vg
    could be wrong on that though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Picked up a cyclon v2 this week, talk about a head wreck trying to get it set up...gonna bring it tomorrow and hopefully one of the kind souls at the Fest will be handy with rebuildables and show me how to get her going properly! :)

• Advertisement

the hardest part with mesh atomisers is getting the mesh wick right.. be nice ifyou could just buy the bastards pre-made :)

what thickness should they be, how tight should they be rolled, how much mesh should you use... so many variables just for the wick!

I'll try them then next week.

I seem to have it going right now believe it or not! Of course I'll be back here again in an hour saying its a piece of crap again!!

Yeah, you kinda overdose messing around alright. Taste buds were gone and couldn't sleep last night after vaping so much.

The burnt taste kinda burns your throat too. When your suspecting burnt taste you keep vaping to see if it'll give you the burnt taste making the burnt taste even worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

At vapefest a kind soul re wicked my Vaperhut rebuildable tank thingy. Damned if it didn't work straight away.
    Well having watched the process like a hawk, I had a go with the VH dripper, Wow I think I have it, this works great now. Bit giddy from using it all night but for people thinking of a rebuildable their the way to go for changing flavors (and knocking yourself out on nic)

Note to self mix some 0 nic juices.

Seriously once you get the hang of fiddling with the coil so it heats up evenly it's plain sailing.
    The hard part is getting the screws back in, I'm gona get one of thoes fly tyeing things with a big magnifying glass. The VH dripper is seriously small.
    Better yet I think I'll get a Bulli or a genesis. We will see what the VH genny clone is like.
    Pleased as punch I got one working, thanks to whoever it was doing the demos at the rebuildables workshop.
    And kudos to who ever thought of having one.

esmoke have the phoenix XL atm, meant to have a bigger well for juice as well as just.. bigger everything including post/screws

but if you've already got a normal phoenix, I would reccomend the bulli SS version for sure. it'll just cos extra because you'll have to order the 510 drip tip adapter from another site so 8 quid for that + postage on top of the cost of the bulli

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I wussed out and gave my phoenix away on Saturday without ever having used it :o

I figured I'm happy with my current set up and could see myself becoming obsessed/frustrated if I went down that route. Not the most patient person in the world at the best of times so figure this was the safest option all round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

sept09baby wrote: »
    Not the most patient person in the world at the best of times so figure this was the safest option all round!
    It's a time-sink, you chose the safest path.
    I haven't finished a song in 8 months...
    Eeloe hasn't updated his Soundcloud in the same amount of time. Coincidences, eh?
    :D

Yeah, the non updated soundcloud is really taking a hammering lately....This winter will tell a lot, had some projects released over the summer, but i wasn't really happy with them, and just finished them in a rush....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

I put a stainless steel fibreglass wick (hybrid)in the pheonix last night (clone version) and its working amazingly well. Loads of vapour and flavour. also have an O-ring on it so i can adjust the air hole position( got a pack of o-rings form pound shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2putts

I picked up one of the little rebuidable drippers at Vapefest.

The threading on the connection is not very good so it sits a bit lopsided on a device. It vapes very nicely though, good flavour and tons of vapour, and is easy to recoil. You can get at least 10 drops at a time into it so it lasts a good while before having to drip again.

I've been using it every evening since and liking it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

My first hybrid wick, a pain in the arse to make but what a result, gonna be doing this again!

Clockworks fixed my RDA for free.......getting a clear body (tube) for 4 euro from him too. Can't flipping wait!!!! Lost without it.

Been using the Vivi Nova and Bulli A2t for the last 2 weeks since I broke the RDA.

Vivi Nova doesn't do it for me and the Bulli A2 tank is not for me either. I'll try the Bulli with mesh when I get the mesh during the week but I'll probably sell it.

didnt think he did clear tubes

might ask for one myself when I eventually send it back

didnt think he did clear tubes

might ask for one myself when I eventually send it back

Only 4 euro for the tube.

might help you with mesh in the rda

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Been meaning to try a mesh wick in the RDA. Haven't got around to it yet.

Did do a dual coil today though, biblical levels of vapour. And the El Toro Cigarillos has really come alive with it. I thought it was only a decent juice before, but it's amazing now. I need to drop nic levels again though, 11mg is blowing my head off :)

• Advertisement

any pics of your dual coil setup?

mesh in the rda is pretty great, real clean flavour

stevenmu wrote: »
    I need to drop nic levels again though, 11mg is blowing my head off :)

I've found that I needed to go up in nic (to 16mg) while I've been waiting for mine to be fixed. For some reason the RDA must be more efficient at getting the nic available. Funny thing is that even though I need higher nic I dont like the 'taste' of it though. I think higher nic overpowers the flavour a bit.

any pics of your dual coil setup?

mesh in the rda is pretty great, real clean flavour

Never thought of pics when I was making it, I'll try and get some when the juice dries up (which shouldn't take long at this rate).

It's a pretty simple setup, I just made two separate coils in the normal way, except I only used 3GF wicks instead of my normal 4GF. Put one coil in as normal, then pushed it down a little and put the other in over it.

Very easy to do, no more difficult than a standard one coil setup.

I've found that I needed to go up in nic (to 16mg) while I've been waiting for mine to be fixed. For some reason the RDA must be more efficient at getting the nic available. Funny thing is that even though I need higher nic I dont like the 'taste' of it though. I think higher nic overpowers the flavour a bit.

Yeah the RDAs sem to be great at making the most of the nic available. I'm not sure why, I think they tend to give hotter vapour so could be something to do with that.

Just got my Clockworks RDA back and whacked in a coil using kanthal and wick. Threw in some 18mg juice that I've been using on the Vivi Nova.............................nearly blew my whole head off. What a kick this thing gives!! Holy smoke! I'd forgotten how addicted to this little thing that I was and I'd forgotten how effective it is to keep me off the fags.

On another note, my flipping mesh from the mesh company still hasn't arrived. It was shipped last Monday so I thought I'd have it by now? I've sent them an email anyway.

Probably sell my Bulli A2T now. What should I ask for it I wonder? I've used it for about a week but it just wasn't for me. Paid 42 euro and 8 postage I think. I'll try it with mesh before I decide whether to sell it or not but I'm pretty sure that I'll be moving it on.

Thought a couple of might be interested in this, Vision are coming out with a rebuildable fairly similar to the Bulli.

nevermind.. posted the exact same video a few posts up........

I'm still waiting for my mesh to arrive. I've emailed the supplier and they said I should have it by now. If it doesn't come by the end of the week they'll send me a replacement shipment.

Mesh arrived anyway. I used a small Allen key to make the coil (6 turns) and rolled some mesh around 2 strands of wick. Put that into the pre-made coil and it seems to be working well! Probably about the same as a brand new standard coil/wick.

Edit: made up a mesh wick with no FG. This is the business! How long does a mesh wick last? I assume a long time?

• Advertisement

Just noticed that the juice in the chamber is a kind of dirty brown colour after a day or so's use. Could be from the strawberry milkshake I suppose because it i a bit cloudy in the bottle but I HOPE that's all it is?

Advertisement