Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Good price.

Think I just irreparably broke my phoenix atty :(
    It took a knock and now it seems one of the posts is loose(ish). Post is connected to the battery connection and the battery connection is pushed in a little. Is it broke for good or can I recover it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

How the hell does Todd on UKV do it?? He made a U mesh for Clockworks RDA in about 6 minutes and when he fired it up all turns were evenly glowing, straight away. Now I can occasionally get that bit but they go bad when putting the top on and I end up poking until its right but his stay perfect. His mesh looked great too with no kinks at all.

I eventually got it right with the U mesh as well and it gives an excellent vape I must say.

He must be a Mage or something......every single time he 'cobbles' something together its perfect.

Edit: Actually, if you cut the mesh diagonally it won't kink at all. Lovely shape now.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Good price.

Think I just irreparably broke my phoenix atty :(
    It took a knock and now it seems one of the posts is loose(ish). Post is connected to the battery connection and the battery connection is pushed in a little. Is it broke for good or can I recover it?

I find the Phoenix does that, if you just push the post down firmly the battery contact will move back out. I often have to do this just switching pv.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just bought an rda from elbow

this thread is in for another round of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Indeed it is, tonight I thought about having another go with the gennie. I must be drunk or a glutton for punishment.
    This time I'm going to plat the wire and then use the double strand to make a coil, or something.
    Let ye know around dinnertime tomorrow, I would do it now but shes in the mood ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I wouldn't double up the coil completely, just the wire from the top post to wick and about 1/2 way around the top coil - rest of the coil should work perfect.

Wind the coil entirely round the wick as many coils as you need before inserting and fastening, IMHO really is the easiest way.

After that it should be a breeze :D

And after trying a batch of .20 I much prefer .22 kathal - much less prone to hot spots, so easier to setup and tastes fantastic every time even on an unregulated 18350 mod.

just bought an rda from elbow

this thread is in for another round of pain

Thought you already had one? Have to say, although I use the Bulli pretty much most of the time, the RDA gives the best flavour of any other device that I've ever tried.

i have one but I broke it (twice). was never arsed sending it back to be repaired

would have cost more than it did to get elbows second hand one i'd say

i have one but I broke it (twice). was never arsed sending it back to be repaired

would have cost more than it did to get elbows second hand one i'd say

where can I buy one, have searched the web and can't find prices anywhere.

bulli classic a2 on the way with drip tip adapter.

the used ebaron pro is dead easy to set up and tastes great.
    might swap for a spiral if anyone is interested; as i don't have a provarl and have no plans to get one (though who knows) would it be weird to get one just to match the pro?

• Advertisement

http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/

http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/

link on the top right to the ukvapers thread, you pm clockworks on ukvapers to get one. prices are lower down on the right on the main website
    bulli classic a2 on the way with drip tip adapter.

the used ebaron pro is dead easy to set up and tastes great.
    might swap for a spiral if anyone is interested; as i don't have a provarl and have no plans to get one (though who knows) would it be weird to get one just to match the pro?

yeah it'd be weird, but it's a provari so it's a good choice either way and they're on sale atm on e-smokeireland. works out about 170 with the discounted price and the 'boards' discount code

Wonder if he'll bring out a new atty? I'd order it straight away without even waiting for a review. The RDA and RTA are out for a good while now so he's bound to be thinking of a genesis type atty.

message sent I wonder how long the waiting list is?

for the rda, not long any more. when I went on the list it was about 3 months for the rda, 7-9 months for the rta. these days he tends to have an rda or two spare in every batch.

for the rda, not long any more. when I went on the list it was about 3 months for the rda, 7-9 months for the rta. these days he tends to have an rda or two spare in every batch.

fingers crossed so, it's rda i'm after.

if he's in the middle of a bunch of rtas you might have to wait a few weeks, but i'd say you'll have it by the week after this one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

message sent I wonder how long the waiting list is?
    I got a RTA from him bout 6 weeks ago with very little wait time, only a day or so to make the top piece in the finish I wanted :-) excellent bit of kit, looking to get the RDA too now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

OK, I rolled a wick, burned trice, wrapped a coil around it, double twisted top wire from the wick to the post,ran it on the SD a few times before putting it on the Vmax to test the res. SD is non regulated and has a low batt so would ease the coil in a bit at least that was my theory.
    Came out 1.8 but it's making a whine, some sort of whistle sound when it's fired. WTF is my Vmax going to explode?
    Using it on the ego now and no noise, ok vape, not that impressed with flavor tbh, wondering what the fuss is about now.
    Think I'll get another dripper, I love me dripper for flavor and hit.
    Did I mention that I'm down to 8mg nic and still only using less than 5ml a day.
    At least I got the bloody thing working once, 'tho the whining noise is troublesome, similar sound to the one the charger makes if the batts are flattened too much.
    Don't want to be the first vaping fatality.

No flavour from Clockworks RDA??

Have you the airhole at 11 o'clock?

• Advertisement

wont be ready for two weeks :(

wont be ready for two weeks :(

If you order one though,in 2 weeks you'll own a hand made class piece of kit:D

aerosol wrote: »
    If you order one though,in 2 weeks you'll own a hand made class piece of kit:D

Oh it's ordered, I was just having a little moan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's worth the wait. It's my favouritest.
    If you build with mesh, make sure it's at least 1mm above the surface of the delrin - some slow melt action was occurring on my current build. No real damage done, but be wide.

grindle wrote: »
    It's worth the wait. It's my favouritest.
    If you build with mesh, make sure it's at least 1mm above the surface of the delrin - some slow melt action was occurring on my current build. No real damage done, but be wide.

Has anyone used a 'u' mesh in the RTA?

No RTA here, but Green Hornet has or has tried it with his, and it's how my AGA-T is set up at the moment.

rda arrived this morning

back to the familiar game of wondering if I made a problem with the coil or if the airhole is out of position

asian-girl-bang-bang-gif.gif

coils on the rda have to be closesr together than on the bulli. pretty damn happy with it now, highbrow strawberry lemonade is tasting very good

• Advertisement

I think the Clockworks RDA is hard to beat. The only problem is carrying it around. While I'm waiting for the Bulli Classic I got some Boge cartos, Kir Fanis punch and a cheap Kir Fanis tank. Kinda impressed with them actually. I'd only ever used DCCs before but this kit is pretty good!

Wonder if Clockworks will ever bring out a new atty?

Advertisement