Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

What wick are you both using? Have had a terrible time trying to make a coil on both the rta and Phoenix using silica. Once I assemble one that actually looks alright I end up with a terrible taste

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im using xandreys 1mm wick, pretty sure it's silica

are you winding the coils too tight/too loose?

there's kind of a goldilocks zone of tightness when winding a coil that changes from different wicks, or even with the amount of wick you're using

with 4 strands of 1mm wick I find I have to wind the coil very tight, or else there's so much juice stored in the wick under the coil it just starts bubbling all around the coil resulting in less vapour and weird flavour

but with 2 strands of wick I have to wind it pretty loose or else it chokes the wick, and i get dry hits pretty often

Using the same wick but can't see how it's possible to get more than one strand through the holes of the rta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I could never get 2 strands working at all. Juice couldn't keep up. 4 strands always works well for me - using Clockworks anyway but could be different with different atty I suppose!

oh you're only using one strand? that'd be an issue.. youd need at least two strands together with this wick it's so thin.. it'd take ages to wick juice with only one i'd imagine

if you're using 2 strands, wet the ends of the wick with some juice and push them together then use a toothpick or something to push them through the holes

never used an rta but this is how ive seen people describing what they've done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'm using 1 strand of 2mm wick, .15 nichrome, coil is reading 2.2 ohms.

Hmm definitely ordered 1mm so I assume it is.. Cheers will give that a go

I could never get 2 strands working at all. Juice couldn't keep up. 4 strands always works well for me - using Clockworks anyway but could be different with different atty I suppose!

Using Clockworks RTA

yeah green hornet had the rda, different beast. no holes to thread wick into :)

might have some useful info for you

Yeah - I'm talking about the RDA but the fact that 2 strands didn't work for me with that should probably apply to the RTA as well? Same set up except for the tank and all? Who the hell knows though!!

• Advertisement

well it would depend on how often you're vaping and how loose the coils are I guess

2 strands didnt really work for me in the rda either, but seems to work in the phoenix just as an example

with the rta i'd imagine 4 strands would be best too.. i thinki remember clockworks saying that too.. but if he's having trouble even getting 1 strand in through the holes.. didnt want to suggest 4 straight away :)

I know some people have widened the holes on their rtas.. no idea how they went about it though.. mebbe post on ukvapers.org and ask someone there in 'technical issues'

I've somehow managed to make a coil that gives no warning that it needs topping up, I'll never complain about a carto tasting burnt again, my throat is in bits!

should vape a dry wick/coil in the morning, wake you right up

should vape a dry wick/coil in the morning, wake you right up

I'd probably end up calling in sick and spend the day trying to fix the shagging thing!

I'll perform surgery on the RTA tomorrow and won't stop till I nail it... I see a sleepless night on the horizon. Looking forward to the Vapefest workshop. Just hope I don't get sent to the corner

no bulli this morning :( but at least it's in Ireland so I'll have it for vapefest

Mine probably won't be delivered today either then. That's okay. At least I know where it is and I couldn't collect it today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

Really considering getting a cobra anyone here got one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Good luck getting one, they last seconds on the classifieds on UKV and the rest of the forums, they look like serious geni's tho....so many options for customisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

Are the ones on alba -vapours not the real ones?

• Advertisement

There's none on Alba's site...still going through the "list" stage...

people on ukvapers already have them..I know they were putting a hold on orders for a while becuase they were working through the list but the site just let me add one to my shopping cart so maybe they're back in stock

demand for them will be high though, i dunno if you'll see many on classifieds forums and if you do they sure as hell wont last long

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Three coils in an RDA=meh vapour-wise, but the heat is gorgeous. The third coil has no air, I guess.

However, the juice I tried with it was my very first taste of El Toro's Virginia Prime.
    Holy. Shitballs.

It's only been steeping for three days - if it gets better than this...

*swoon*

well.. it's not a question of better .. the flavour does change a bit though

ive actually forgotten alla bout a botle of VP I have steeping atm.. been 2 weeks now only remembred when you mentioned it

kinda scared to empty it out :D

The lack of heat in the RDA is a downside alright. Some animal on juice with 3 coils I'd say! Some nic hit too I'd imagine!

oh damn...i see them there now...

£95 is a lot to discover ya don't like geni's!

Will i, wont i?

what happened to this holiday you're going on eeloe :)

they'll still be amazing in a months time, keep the card in your wallet boy

i've got plenty of heat in my rda when i was using it.. try a mesh wick in it, you can really crank up the voltage and get some warmth there

even if you're using 4 strands of xandreys wick you should be able to bump it up safely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

well.. it's not a question of better .. the flavour does change a bit though

ive actually forgotten alla bout a botle of VP I have steeping atm.. been 2 weeks now only remembred when you mentioned it

kinda scared to empty it out :D
    I'm not sure if I could leave it for two weeks... It's so realistic! It's gonna fly off the shelves once it's a pre-made!
    The lack of heat in the RDA is a downside alright. Some animal on juice with 3 coils I'd say! Some nic hit too I'd imagine!
    I guess I'll see, juice-wise. The nic hit is a doozy, I almost fell over! But I keep pulling on it 'cos I want the plumes I see from my dual-coils. Mad about the plumes, so I am.
    It might be like this because it's three 6ohm coils, which're managing about 4.5-5 watts between them. I dunno.
    The RDA's spaciousness seems to have a huge effect though. A coil on the opposite side to the Phoenix has little effect on the produced vapour, but with the RDA's large screws and the chamber size... Anyway.

• Advertisement

what happened to this holiday you're going on eeloe :)

they'll still be amazing in a months time, keep the card in your wallet boy

I know tell me about it...haha...vape crazy the last while...carto's seriously annoying me lately.

Advertisement