Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

grindle wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I could leave it for two weeks... It's so realistic! It's gonna fly off the shelves once it's a pre-made!

I guess I'll see, juice-wise. The nic hit is a doozy, I almost fell over! But I keep pulling on it 'cos I want the plumes I see from my dual-coils. Mad about the plumes, so I am.
    It might be like this because it's three 6ohm coils, which're managing about 4.5-5 watts between them. I dunno.
    The RDA's spaciousness seems to have a huge effect though. A coil on the opposite side to the Phoenix has little effect on the produced vapour, but with the RDA's large screws and the chamber size... Anyway.

well I already have 10ml left from the other steeping, but I got a few halo juices and 50ml cigarillos.. and I was running out of wick/wire so didnt want to deal with having to dry burn my coils so often with the VP

that **** wrecks coils

have you thought about drilling another airhole in the rda?

you';re coming to vapefest right.. I can't even picture a 3 coil setup.. I want to have a look at it

eeloe wrote: »
    I know tell me about it...haha...vape crazy the last while...carto's seriously annoying me lately.

i'll lend you my phoenix at vapefest if you like, can post it back to me whenever.. I'll have 2 bullis by then so ill only be using the phoenix as a backup to my backup

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

i'll lend you my phoenix at vapefest if you like, can post it back to me whenever.. I'll have 2 bullis by then so ill only be using the phoenix as a backup to my backup

Legend...sure i'll see how i'm going up there! Who knows what the vendors might have on sale :)

yeah didnt newmark say the ngp would be on sale?

dunno what price but i'vec seen it described as a cheap genesis atty.. and not a bad one either

this **** is pissing me off .. 2 weeks ago I was ready to jack it all in and go cold turkey, then I got a bulli.. some more el toro cigarilos.. and now i'm pondering genesis atties and another vv mod

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

this **** is pissing me off .. 2 weeks ago I was ready to jack it all in and go cold turkey, then I got a bulli.. some more el toro cigarilos.. and now i'm pondering genesis atties and another vv mod

:)

Where's the fun in that tho? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

that **** wrecks coils
    I can imagine. I've pre-made 10 for my Vivi in advance. Should I go for 20?
    have you thought about drilling another airhole in the rda?
    Never. Maybe when the Phoenix XL gets stocked locally, I'll do it to that if it needs it.
    you';re coming to vapefest right.. I can't even picture a 3 coil setup.. I want to have a look at it
    I'm not! :(
    We've got our own nerdy convention happening in-store: Card-making Demo.

I'll take another terrible pic of the three-coiler once I'm finished doing incredibly cool bohemian things-to-do.

*cough*watchinghomeandaway*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Ha! I get like that sometimes too. Initially I was planning to use something to get off the analogs and had NO intention of buying anything other than an atty or two. Now I'll have a Bulli and an RDA and I don't know how many other consumables. Still pretty small compared to many I suppose.

The bad thing is that when you try go cold turkey you'd be back on the fags again pretty quick if you hadn't weaned right down I'd say.

wow, didnt even hear about the phoenix xl. looks nice. with larger posts and holes it'll be a doddle to rewick one of these and with more space you'd have a lot less hassle putting some mesh in there
    tbh i can see the VP destroying vivi coils.. you have to wind them real close together in the vivi dont you? VP leaves an incredible amount of deposits on the coil... 20 might not be a bad idea :)

GH.. I dunno.. I can go a long longer without vaping if I have to than I could without a cigarette. I'm pretty sure it'd still be difficult but a lot more doable than if I was still smoking nd tried to go cold turkey

Oh that's true alright. I went to the US a couple of weeks ago and didnt vape for about 16 hours. Wasn't hanging for a vape either.

If I was smoking, I'd be counting down the time till I'd get out of the airport.

It would definitely be easier than just quitting fags but I'd say it would still not be awful easy either. Wonder has anybody on this forum ever quit nic completely by vaping?

well samba quit altogether for a few months but he was on holiday playing poker with some chain smokers and pick it back up again iirc, but he was vaping 3mg or something I think

honestly I'm not all that worried about the nic or the vaping. I'd like to quit eventually mainly for the cost.. as cheap as it is it's still money i dont "need" to spend.. but at the same time it's enjoyable and it's a hobby, being unemployed is bloody boring

• Advertisement

3mg! Janey Mac, that's so low that it probably is essentially 0mg absorbed.

aye it's crazy low.. i guess it'd be a tiny stimulant effect but at that level.. what's the point, why not just go straight to 0 or I guess do as he did and quit

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

The vp gunks up the coils in the vivi alright. I've been tending to soak them after each tank and dry burn them which allows them a few tanks per go but they're cheap as chips to replace so quite often I find myself making a new one for each fill.

The next lot of VP is going to be pre-filtered so it should be more like the Cigarillos when it comes to gunking.

i thought the next batch of VP was coming with the leaves ina bottle and then a bottle of base as well.. is it just coming as a juice now?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Looking at the recent posts on UKV, Giorgio has had a batch steeping since last week. He's planning a 5 day steep followed by improved filtering. He says 5 days in leaves and 5 days in bottle is ideal.

Guess the leaves in bottle was very labour intensive and demand was so big that he's had to find a way to put it into production.

yeah i can imagine it was a pain in the ass putting all those leaves in the bottle. have to make sure they go in whole or it changes the whole steeping pocess

mine is on route to customer (i always thought it was en route) \o/

should get yours today.. oh ****, just realised you got it delivered to work and you're not there today

poop

--edit

it's here \o/

completely forgot it came with wick and wire.. hooray

and it's missing a screw for one of the posts....oh no, here it is on the floor.

I'm in the office today and I've got it................

Of course, I couldn't wait to get going on it so I shackled a coil together and I've just had a few puffs of it!

Holy FCUK - I've just blown my head off! Some nic hit from this thing, I'm actually dizzy!

I'll have to open it up and have a better crack at ensuring that everything is correctly aligned and I think I could make the coil legs a bit longer - I think its sitting right on top of the posts at the moment.

I dont think the air hole is aligned properly either though - I think I'll need to get an o-ring or something cos the hole is lining up beside a post rather than over the coil.

Some bang off it!!

the air hole should be in the right spot as it's new, over time as it's aluminium the threads will wear down but i'd be very surprised if you got it from bulli-smoker with the coil in the wrong spot

isnt the coil supposed to sit on the posts with the -t versions? or do you mean leave a couple of mm gap between the posts and the coil but still have it on top of the posts

Yeah, actually it is in the right place - My measurements by eye were crap.

The coil does sit on top of the posts but I think my clearance is a bit tight.

Surprisigly enough my mesh/wick seems to have come out well enough. No wicking problems even though the whole thing kinda closed in at the top of the spike when I cut it with a scissors so that I cant see any wick. Maybe thats meant to happen, I dunno.

I love this thing!

• Advertisement

heh, well it is a repairable so you'll have plenty of fun fiddling with it getting it the way you want it

one great thing about the bulli is how easy it is to get at the coil.. just twist the base off and you're there

shame you wont be at vapefest, i havent seen one of the a2-t's. I dont really like the idea of the filler carts that come with the a2.. although everyone says they're very good... if i was going to go tank I'd rather the ego style plastic ones you have in the a2-t

actually, how much wick and wire did you get with yours?

i was supposed to get 1m of wick and 1m of .15 but I got 2 of each \o/
    shame I dont use .15, but whatevs

I got 2 lengths of wick and 2 lengths of wire. Don't know if they're all the same or not but they came in separate bags.

3 pieces of mesh as well.

should be written on the cardboard what resistance the wire is

should be written on the cardboard what resistance the wire is

Both 0.15

I whipped out my orignal coil/wick and replaced with a new one..................dirt..............burn, burn, burn. Wasnt wicking at all for some reason.

Did another one and it seems to be good now again.

Some TH off this thing though. I assume thats normal?

dunno.. never used the -t versions... I guess so. they are well thought of as atomisers so throathit would want to be pretty solid

actually I tried the coil on top of the posts in my alluminium bulli a2 and I did notice a much rougher TH.. maybe that has something to do with it

Fecking yoke!!!!

Wicking is exactly the same as every other tank system like these that I've ever used! Crap!

Just won't wick properly at all. Going to try cut the mesh smaller and wrap it at the top of a couple of pieces of wick rather than the entire length of the spike. I think it's just air locking cos the spike is too packed.

The only decent vape I've had all day was with the one I threw together when I got it.

Should have bought the classic.

i've heard good things about the -t wicking, its probably to do with the mesh spike

try it without any wick in it at all, just the mesh

• Advertisement

Digby!!! You're a genius!!

Rolled up one of the squares after oxidising it first. Pushed down till it meets the wick/coil. Vapour to beat the band!

Not massive flavour but I think that's my buds. Burned out.

Janey - this mesh craic is the way to go alright.

Advertisement