Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yeah, it is terrible stuff. I don't know how they're getting away with that stuff. It's truly unbelievable.

I'd say clockworks bought a massive reel back in the day that's still going, he's hardly continued ordering it - why would you?
    Anyone who reads any thread involving the RDA knows not to use that wick anyway. He should probably just stop giving that wick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I got that tangy taste from the A7 oid originally too. I boiled everything up, wool and all, and made a fresh coil and that sorted it.

As to the wick, I use 2mm from TBS and its good. Dry burns back to white. I use wick from Xandrey on UKV as well and that's good too. Based in Dublin, cheap and good quality with next day delivery.
    Im using the same wick and wire as you, and using your method, the loop touching the wool and the two ends in the bottom, thanks for that btw.
    I boiled my a7 after I saw you mention it here, I dumped the wool and the wick/coil. After I boiled it I could still get a kinda burnt juice smell of it.
    Then I realised I could strip the whole thing down and I saw the plastic insulator discs. I didnt fancy boiling it again in case I damaged the plastic discs. I remembered people talking here about soaking wicks in vodka to clean them.
    I had no vodka in the house but I did have bacardi. I stripped it all down and left it soaking in bacardi all night. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but doesnt everything that involves bacardi!
    Anyhow it worked a treat and the smell was gone.
    I think my problem might be that Im simply burning the wick too dry and getting nasty dry hits, Im used to a clear tank so I never get dry hits, with the a7 you cant tell when you have run out of juice.
    You mentioned a few days ago that you are mainly using your a7 as a dripper, mind of I ask why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I just prefer dripping really. I do use it occasionally in oid mode but like any of those cart set ups it just doesn't quite match dripping. It's not bad in oid mode though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god it's so easy to get at the coil with this clear tank

it just slips off with a bit of pressure unlike the metal body which I always had to lie flat on the table and gouge out with a knife.

i've been using the rda just about exclusively for the past while, it wouldn't have got a look in with the normal black body.

--edit

GH you may have been right about the airhole. i cant say I've noticed anything in the vape, but I was holding my rda horizontally for about 15 seconds there just to test it out.. and no leaks at all. the juice was sitting right on the airhole and nothing dripped out

---edit

just gave it a good shake. bit of juice came out, so maybe not ideal for throwing in a jeans pocket but still.. nowhere near as bad as the alluminium body

both the posts on my rda are misbehaving

i can't tighten either screw without the posts twisting and turning and pulling the coil all over the place. tried taking it apart and fixing the nuts, posts, everything... doesnt make a difference :/

• Advertisement

That's a strange one....never happened to mine yet. Strange that both go like that.

i think they're just a bit loose, but if I tighten them enough that they don't move around anymore.. the holes are facing in opposite directions.

threads must have worn on them or something... it's out of action anyway, can't get a working coil when it's doing that :/

Back on the Bulli so? Or the spiral? Using the A7 in dripping mode for a good while myself.

Good little atty for the price. Holds about 10 drops and doesn't leak. Fiddly to set up and TH is a bit strong but its a good compromise....

been using the spiral mainly. i have the bulli working "ok" but nowhere near what it should. i dont know if it's my tastebuds or my coiling. hard to tell with the spiral as the flavour is generally quite muted anyway.

it's actually been a good long while since I've made a great tasting coil in the bulli. pretty annoyed about it

GH.. do you notice the flavour of juice in your RDA changes the less juice you have in it?

I put in 10 drops.. the flavour is ok, not great,not bad.. does the job. but when the juice is all gone and all I'm doing is vaping the juice that's left sitting in the wick.. the flavour is immense. almost as good as the bulli.

im only putting about 10 drops in at a time, i don't get it.

• Advertisement

Yep - noticed that before too. Must flood it or something of there's too much in there. The amount if wick is important too. I think too much wick has a bad effect somehow. I keep it short but then its more prone to converting into Niagara Falls of leaking....

Advertisement