Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hes probably busy enough making rda/rta's still

i had my rda in my pocket for ages today and didn't leak at all, not even a little bit. on the provari mini it'd be just tall enough to stand up in my pocket too so it wouldn't be able to fall onto its side and leak

you should look at the killer 705. dripping flavour in a "carto" tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Ah, I've spent enough now! Hopefully the Bulli will meet all my needs with dripping and the cartridge. I thought about getting the downgrade for my Bulli tank but I had a nightmare drilling and getting holes aligned right on the Al version so I bit the bullet and bought the whole kit. Between the RDA and the Bulli I should be sorted.

The Killer looks good alright but I've wasted a heap in those genesis yokes and they never delivered for me so I'm not going down the route of trying something else.

Sticking with the tried and trusted now. I know they work and are robust.

hehe, killer is good ol' fashioned silica. none of this genesis heresy

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

got my email today, RDA will be in the post tomorrow :D

be sure and get some wick and wire

thebestshop have wire, wick too but i dunno how good it is

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/fiberglass-silica-wick-10m-/281043345091?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item416f7d1ec3#ht_500wt_1414 wick here anyway
    he's in ireland so it's next day post

• Advertisement

be sure and get some wick and wire

thebestshop have wire, wick too but i dunno how good it is

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/fiberglass-silica-wick-10m-/281043345091?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item416f7d1ec3#ht_500wt_1414 wick here anyway
    he's in ireland so it's next day post
    Thanks but as the owner of a bulli, phoenix , aga t and prodripper I have wick wire and mesh coming out my eyeballs.
    Any tips on the RDA setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Airhole at between 10 or 11 o'clock.

Airhole on side closer to the drip tip.

That's it really.

If you have a Vamo, dual-coil. What a larp.

airhole between 10/11 is the main one as grindle said

ill put a pic up later of what side the coil should go on. it's a pretty straightforward atty, almost as straightforward as the bulli. let down by the fact that having the airhole even a mm or two in the wrong position can negatively affect the vape

airhole between 10/11 is the main one as grindle said

ill put a pic up later of what side the coil should go on. it's a pretty straightforward atty, almost as straightforward as the bulli. let down by the fact that having the airhole even a mm or two in the wrong position can negatively affect the vape

Thanks a pic might make 10-11 a bit clearer, maybe it will click when its in my hand.

Sorry for the massive pictures!

Top-down view showing that the wick is on the side opposite to that metal connector.
    Yifgy.jpg
    Angle showing where hole is.
    IXD4K.jpg

• Advertisement

yeah you imagine the center post as being 12 on a clock, and the airhole should go around 10/11

you can kinda figure it out by looking at the airhole relative to the coil and kind of imagining the airflow when you'd take a draw.

this is a weird one

i'm getting a very high pitched whining noise when I use my rda on the provari that isn't there when I throw it on an ego twist. it's not incredibly loud but it's noticeable.

any ideas?

--edit

huh, it's doing it with my bulli too

---edit

switched batteries. noise is gone now

is this something I should be worried about? I know batteries can whine qa bit when charging... but when in use?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

this is a weird one

i'm getting a very high pitched whining noise when I use my rda on the provari that isn't there when I throw it on an ego twist. it's not incredibly loud but it's noticeable.

any ideas?

--edit

huh, it's doing it with my bulli too

---edit

switched batteries. noise is gone now

is this something I should be worried about? I know batteries can whine qa bit when charging... but when in use?

I've had a look around and it doesn't seem like a circuit diagram of the provari is available, but it does use a boost circuit converter which are known to cause audible noise (the circuit would have been designed to keep out of this range). It's possible a capacitor is going faulty, or the battery isn't supplying the correct voltage and so the circuit is causing the whine you are hearing as it isn't 'tuned' properly. How long have you had it?

EDIT: It's the charger that 'whines' when charging the battery, not the battery itself.

had it a couple of weeks

ill tryit again with that battery tomorrow. current battery is all good, no noise at all

Off topic I know but I see ESI have the Killer on pre-order. Hopefully someone will buy it and let us know how it works out. Wont be me!!

Not cheap at 65 euro.

grindle's getting one I think

I want one but i'd have to get it + the tank and.. aaaargh, money

plus I dont really see how it's massively different than the kanger t3 and tbh.. i wasnt teribly impressed with the kangers flavour compared to the bulli or rda

actually, just to go on topic for a second
    im not getting great throathit from my RDA

flavourwise it's pretty good, loads of vapour.. but it's very very silky on the throat

any ideas?

Not really - I think the Bulli always gives more TH anyway. Speaking of which, I got a Kir Fanis cheap tank and some boges and I was surprised how good they were but.......weak on the TH as well. I'd need to up my nic for any sustained use.

I suppose you could always move the air hole on the RDA and that'll solve your TH......

yeah but it's such a ****ing ordeal to take the cap off to move the airhole
    and then if I dont like it I gotta do it all over again

aaaaargh :)

haven't really touched the bulli since i got the rda. kinda prefer the vape and the airy draw on the bulli but the 20 drops in one go of the rda is a massive plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

grindle's getting one I think

I want one but i'd have to get it + the tank and.. aaaargh, money

plus I dont really see how it's massively different than the kanger t3 and tbh.. i wasnt teribly impressed with the kangers flavour compared to the bulli or rda

I've one on pre order as well, need to get a tank though

• Advertisement

im gona get one of the kir fanis tanks when I get it, so that's another 40 quid or so

will probably be mid february before I get it, maybe end of feb.

Fück it, those things are expensive.

Re: RDA throathit. The only way I can think of is to get the wick away from the hole. Putting the coil on the other side of the terminals doesn't do much good for the vapour though.

Maybe a coil/wick that goes diagonally between the terminals (like a lot of people did with the Phoenix), and the airhole set between 9 and 10?

Keep most of the coil on the 9-side and the coil or two on the opposite side might take care of the throathit.

supermassiveblackmaybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

What other tank would be good for The Killer? Thinking about the Kir Fanis too, but they're not bloody cheap either.

I want the Killer. Are ESI giving any estimated delivery dates?

There is a cheap KF tank though, 12 euro. I have it and it works great with cartos. Not sure if its too small for the killer though?

hrm, throathit may have been the coil

dont notice it as much in the bulli as I keep the wraps further apart but I was vaping papillion organic tobacco, el toro puros naturales and mom'n'pops tobacco praze... all 3 atty killers

grindle wrote: »
    Fück it, those things are expensive.

Re: RDA throathit. The only way I can think of is to get the wick away from the hole. Putting the coil on the other side of the terminals doesn't do much good for the vapour though.

Maybe a coil/wick that goes diagonally between the terminals (like a lot of people did with the Phoenix), and the airhole set between 9 and 10?

Keep most of the coil on the 9-side and the coil or two on the opposite side might take care of the throathit.

supermassiveblackmaybe

This is my set up using mesh and a clear tank. Sorry about the poor pic but you should be able to just make out the air hole at 11:

god, it looks ****ing awesome with a clear tank

Well it would except stupid iPhone wouldn't focus on it right!!

Yeah, it's dead easy to see how much remains in the atty. You can see the vapour in the chamber too.....

You have to be careful not to have the mesh touching the tube or it'll melt it though. At the coil side.

I see ESI have the Killer and spiral dripper back in stock, maybe the pro as well.

• Advertisement

dont think they have the killer yet, but they have the pro and the spiral

tempted by a pro tbh.. i was going to wait for the killer but I think I'll wait until there's a definitive list of what tanks work well with it

Advertisement