Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android-Driven Petite PC €57.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

No Just installed straight out of the box. I'll download logcat and see what is says. Thanks.

Edit: Logcat says Multicast has died, and also, SL_RESULT_FEATURE_UNSUPPORTED... what could that be?

Ok, so after a lot of digging (I mean a lot of digging!) I managed to find a way to load a custom rom on the MK802+ from mcBub. I originally thought it a MK802II, but now stand corrected.

If anyone has any interest in loading a custom rom, it's tricky but possible.
    • Create boot SD with rom image through PhoenixCard
    • Power on with SD
    • Power off device
    • Remove SD
    • Start LiveSuit
    • Load rom image to LiveSuit
    • Connect device (minUSB only)
    • Select full format options
    • Job is OXO
    You need to download and install PhoenixCard and LiveSuit. Because the MK802+ from mcBub doesn't have a reset switch (located in the hole below the power light) you have to first get it to default to update/recovery mode(equivalent to clicking the switch). This is done by taking the rom image, and loading it to an SD card using PhoenixCard. Then powering on the device with the card inside. Leave it like this for a minute or 2 then power off the device and remove the card. Now load up liveSuit and select the rom image to load. Give it a few seconds then connect the device via the miniUSB port and cable provided. It should auto load.

Initially the rom load takes a while and looks like its stopped around the 3% and the 54% mark (no idea why).

After removing from PC and re-connecting to your TV and powering on, it should start into android as normal. I have tried uberoids v1.2 rom and had problems shutting down (using custom loaded shutdown app) which caused a boot loop. I decided to go with v1.1 because of this, which now runs no issues, and is a vast improvement to performance especially around the wifi and video playback.

This still doesn't resolve the Netflix issue mind, I'm still working on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

This still doesn't resolve the Netflix issue mind, I'm still working on that!

Have you tried the Netflix 1.8.1 apk? I believe the later ones won't work on the MK802 for some reason.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Have you tried the Netflix 1.8.1 apk? I believe the later ones won't work on the MK802 for some reason.

Yeah I've heard this works from other forums. Haven't gotten round to trying it yet. Thanks for the link.

This is probably the clearest, most easy to follow and understand guide for everything there is to know about a MK802 device.

http://www.squidoo.com/mk802-android-firmware-linux-upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Fianlly got mine today and have just tried this and it seems to be working although not getting full screen on stuff though.

Have to say for approx €45 including customs this isn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it was going to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

hmmm brought this home last night and it is now stuck at the android screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Is there a way of playing Xbox360 games on this with an emulator? Games that I have already purchased and make a copy of?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Is there a way of playing Xbox360 games on this with an emulator? Games that I have already purchased and make a copy of?

No, this thing is ARM based, XBOX 360 is x86 based.

It lacks the processing power to emulate a different architecture.

Had you flashed it? When I originally flashed with uberoid v1.2 it was staying in a boot loop after i shutdown, which made we swith to 1.1 which has been fine since.

If not then maybe try the latest firmware update going around. Otherwise contact the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

It's pretty difficult to brick these, there should be a small hole that you can stick a pin in to reset it. Google for instructions for your particular model.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

It's pretty difficult to brick these, there should be a small hole that you can stick a pin in to reset it. Google for instructions for your particular model.

The version McBUB sent me (MK802+, basically 1g version) didn't have this reset button. It had the hole all right.
    More here

@Do-more

Can confirm Netflix 1.8.1 APK installed and running. Moving about is a little clunky, and first few seconds of audio and video don't sync, but after about 10 seconds its fine.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Got my A22 last night, did anyone else not get a charger, or am i just missing something?

I got in my box, the computer, a HDMI lead, a white plug (needs adapter) and a remote

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Im confused. There are so many links.
    Which one of these is the best to get?
    Want to use it for playing video from a NAS on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Probably not the best place to ask, but like the above poster asked, which is a good one to get?
    Looking for one to connect to hdtv to allow access to network shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Not a good deal. Looks like the original MK808 which is outdated at this stage
    Get the MK808B or iMito MX1/2 instead as both have BT built in and WiFi that works properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's a terrible offer, and a terrible device. That device is on Amazon for €35 (HKG for €29.99) and that remote or a better one, can be bought for €15 - €25.

I had that particular model device and it was freezing a lot. Hated it. MK802 updated first version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Would the MK808B or iMito MX1/2 run a poker browser lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Would the MK808B or iMito MX1/2 run a poker browser lads?

Probably Flash based, in which case I would say no.

Or don't count on it working in the long term when a flash update is required and it doesn't work on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

djmarkus wrote: »

Skip.

The only devices I would buy at the moment are the:
    Rikomagic MK802IIIS
    MK808B
    iMito MX1 or MX2

All 3 use the same internals, dual-core A9 CPU/Mali GPU with Android 4.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

ongarite wrote: »
    Skip.

The only devices I would buy at the moment are the:
    Rikomagic MK802IIIS
    MK808B
    iMito MX1 or MX2

All 3 use the same internals, dual-core A9 CPU/Mali GPU with Android 4.1.

You can add the Neo G4 or Neo X5 to that list.

You can add the Neo G4 or Neo X5 to that list.

and the UHOST U2.

edit:............and the Measy U2C although I have not got my hands on one of these (yet!!).

eamonnq wrote: »
    and the UHOST U2.

edit:............and the Measy U2C although I have not got my hands on one of these (yet!!).

http://dx.com/p/neo-g4-android-4-0-dual-core-google-tv-player-w-wi-fi-tf-1gb-ram-8gb-rom-eu-plug-161085

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Correct. Works great using the android keyboard mouse app to control from tablet/phone.
    No problems with wifi. good support and updates on the minix facebook page and minix forums

Ordered, we'll see if I get nabbed by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Would the supplied remote be enough for basic control or am I better with an app?

• Advertisement

m4r10 wrote: »
    Would the supplied remote be enough for basic control or am I better with an app?

Both!!

The supplied remote would be enough for basic control but you would be better with an app on your phone (or a decent remote).

Advertisement