Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android-Driven Petite PC €57.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yes.

Well cool then! Unreal to think a media player can be that small.....my Mede8er is a colossus in comparison!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Sconsey wrote: »
    I have one of these on pre-order, the controller looks good....

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2028163448/equiso-smart-tv-turn-any-tv-into-a-smart-tv

Looks good, would really appreciate if you post a full review on this thread after you get it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Do-more wrote: »
    At least it is the 1Gb version but this is obsolete already.

The MK802 II is already shipping and available from around US$66 from Aliexpress sellers or £59.99 from Cloudsto in the UK (but this is still shipped direct from China with DHL so you will get stung for customs charges).

The version that ibood are selling is around US$55 on Aliexpress now which is around €45 so even with customs charges it will be a lot cheaper than the ibood price.

They are available on Taobao for less than €40. I have one arriving on Thursday. Delivery here is around a euro. Including a 4gig card and delivery was around 330 RMB, around 42 or 43 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2028163448/equiso-smart-tv-turn-any-tv-into-a-smart-tv

Do you have this preordered with amazon? any idea of a release date yet? how much will it retail at?

looks perfect for what it does by the way. Have a LG smart tv myself and its very clunky software. easier just to use pc, so this would be ideal as a replacement and to upgrade a non smart samsung in the other room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Kinda bored with it right now ...any streaming movie apps or something ?

• Advertisement

There is a similar controller available which can be used with the MK802, has anyone got one or similar? Feedback?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Vego wrote: »
    Kinda bored with it right now ...any streaming movie apps or something ?

Netflix. Although I've been finding it less smooth than the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Looks good, would really appreciate if you post a full review on this thread after you get it.

Yep will do.
    Do you have this preordered with amazon? any idea of a release date yet? how much will it retail at?

I ordered directly of the Kickstart page which then went through to Amazon Payments.
    They say they will ship in August but that reamins to be seen , I am not 100% confident since their latest blog entry discussed using better RAM, if they have not got all the components yet how can they ship in August? but we will see.
    I am paying $138.00 plus shipping ($15 I think) for two of them, so something like $80 each. I'll update when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

groom wrote: »
    Netflix. Although I've been finding it less smooth than the PC version

This happens if the refresh is set incorrectly, I've found 60hz works best with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

This comes with 4GB of onboard memory, is that through a micro-SD slot? Can you upgrade the onboard storage?

• Advertisement

This happens if the refresh is set incorrectly, I've found 60hz works best with Netflix.
    cheers
    where/ how do you reset the refresh? netflix , mk802 or tv

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Would you be able to use these android sticks to watching footy streams ?
    I have a boxee box but unfortunately my streams from Liveonlinefooty have stopped working because the box needs a flash upgrade.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

This comes with 4GB of onboard memory, is that through a micro-SD slot? Can you upgrade the onboard storage?
    The onboards storage cant bee upgraded but you have the Micro Sd and USB connections.
    I think its great and the start of things to come

• Registered Users Posts: 5 abovebelow

Couple of questions.

Can I attach a USB DVB-T dongle to this to get saorview on my TV?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Digital-USB-2-0-DVB-T-HDTV-TV-Tuner-Recorder-Receiver-/130478819415?pt=UK_Computing_Video_Capture_TV_Tuner_Cards&hash=item1e6124c857

Is it possible to setup an iphone as a remote control over wifi? Or is it necessary to have a physically attached keyboard or mouse?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The onboards storage cant bee upgraded but you have the Micro Sd and USB connections.
    I think its great and the start of things to come

Ah so it has a micro-SD slot? None of the specs I've seen mention that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

cheers
    where/ how do you reset the refresh? netflix , mk802 or tv

You'd have to do it on the device itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I have a boxee box but unfortunately my streams from Liveonlinefooty have stopped working because the box needs a flash upgrade.....

Also interested to know would this work.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Can you connect this to a wireless NAS ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Can you connect this to a wireless NAS ?

I have mine connected to my home server over wifi.
    I use ES file Explorer to browse to the shares.
    Mx player to play stuff. Works a treat.
    Gonna install xbmc next.

Is it a netflix setting or some other display setting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's in the display section on the unit, are you on v1 firmware or v2?

I had some probs with the new firmware and ended up flogging it to my mate, in order to get the 1gb model

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fieldog wrote: »

It's in the display section on the unit, are you on v1 firmware or v2?

I had some probs with the new firmware and ended up flogging it to my mate, in order to get the 1gb model

Looking at my post it sounds like a bad buy, it wasn't. I just think all units need the 1gb Ram, of course I rolled back firmware before selling on the unit!

I've got the 1gb version with uinput for Droidmote

It seems that Allwinner still haven't given the XBMC developers the video drivers they need to make XBMC work on the MK802 or other devices with the Allwinner chipset, it remains to be seen if they actually will despite promises to do so.

Anyway I came across what is promised to be 'the next big thing' this evening, the Ouya android games console which has the Tegra 3 quad core processor + 1Gb ram and will sell for US$99 + $20 international shippng, due out March/April next year and should have full XBMC available at launch time.

I'm tempted to place a pre-order now but I can't find any terms and conditions on their website www.ouya.tv

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I'm tempted to place a pre-order now but I can't find any terms and conditions on their website www.ouya.tv

It was a kickstarter that finished last week, see below for the details
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

It was a kickstarter that finished last week, see below for the details
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

I know that now, but why didn't you tell me 2 weeks ago! :D

The problem for me is that there are absolutely no terms and conditions on their website other than to say the expected delivery is April 2013. No indication if they are taking the payment in full now or only when it ships.

It looks like a great product which does everything and more that I would want but I don't fancy paying for it now.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I know that now, but why didn't you tell me 2 weeks ago! :D

The problem for me is that there are absolutely no terms and conditions on their website other than to say the expected delivery is April 2013. No indication if they are taking the payment in full now or only when it ships.

It looks like a great product which does everything and more that I would want but I don't fancy paying for it now.

Same as you, Im gonna wait till April. It wil be able to run emulators and have xbmc. Thats all i want really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Delboy5 wrote: »
    nicklauski wrote: »
    Also interested to know would this work.

Ubuntu Running on it - and the HOW TO (i'm pretty sure someone else has linked to those earlier in the thread)

Linux Distributions that can run on it - LINK

Same as you, Im gonna wait till April. It wil be able to run emulators and have xbmc. Thats all i want really.

The trouble with waiting until April is that by then production may well be sold out for months in advance. I have no doubt that the Ouya is going to be a hot product next year but the company making it are obviously under funded and at €99 a pop I can't imagine that the profit margin on it is going to be huge so unless a big investor steps in they are not going to be able to fund large production runs.

Anyway by now some Chinese company is probably already working on something similar based on the Tegra 3 and will have it available in November! :D

If only Allwinner would release the necessary drivers for the Mali graphics chip (or someone hacks it) so that 3rd party software could have hardware acceleration then the MK802 would do the job.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Ubuntu Running on it - and the HOW TO (i'm pretty sure someone else has linked to those earlier in the thread)

Linux Distributions that can run on it - LINK

From your first link:
    Unfortunately there’s still no hardware video acceleration for the Mali 400 graphics in Linux, which is part of the reason YouTube video playback is choppy

Not much good for footy streams...

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement