Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android-Driven Petite PC €57.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Vat, duty and they charge you % based on the expected shipping costs etc

Works fine video chip is a bit ropey as in glitches to the side of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hifi Keith wrote: »
    We got one and the UPS charges were €36
    Dealextreme dont use UPS,they use normal mail.

I'd advise anyone to avoid using UPS ,their admin fee is crazy.
    Dhl are much cheaper.
    Regular mail is your best way of avoiding being hit by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Item is in the country but sent to customs .....FECK

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Frank11 wrote: »
    Ordered from amazon.com on 5th June, this morning got email to say it has shipped. ETA 29th June - 16th July.

Got a letter from customs yesterday stating my order arrived on the 26th. They asked me to send proof of purchase so i guess i'll get hit for a few quid. i will update when i know how much.

Customs Duty: €0.00
    VAT @ 23%: €13.44
    An Post Fee: €6.00
    Total: €19.44
    Delivery on Monday 2nd July

the 6 euro post fee is the best :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Mine landed today and was missed by customs, yipppee! I normally always get caught!
    Anyways, I think it is great for the money. Took no time to set up, market was in place and a few games and chinese stuff I haved to delete but other than that very impressed.
    Very little jutter on HD youtube vids, dolphon browser works perfect and flash there too.
    A great bargain. I'm sure similar items with higher specs will be around soon. Enjoy, anyone else who bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Mine has been sent to customs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I went searching the net again last night to see if there was some way to improve the MK802.

The official manufacturers forum is here.

There is also helpful discussion on the Miniand forum here.

As the device is rooted out of the box it is possible to edit the devices signature to that of another device so that it doesn't fail the compatibility test in the market. Mentioned here with links to instructions. I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

Also according to this post it is now possible to install DroidMote on the MK802 but again I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

There does seem to be new firmware from the manufacturer on the way during July to fix a number of bugs in the early release and it seems that it's only a matter of time before the like of CM9 is available.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Jet Black wrote: »
    Mine has been sent to customs :(

same here
    any one know what the extra will be

same here
    any one know what the extra will be

About another €20 by the looks of it. €13 for customs €6 for an post.

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    As the device is rooted out of the box it is possible to edit the devices signature to that of another device so that it doesn't fail the compatibility test in the market. Mentioned here with links to instructions. I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

I had a go at changing the device signature to that of a Galaxy S2 but when I rebooted it, it was in an endless loop at the Android logo at start up.

Had to flash the recovery firmware from the Rikomagic forum.

Got it going again but with the language set to Chinese! That was fun. God bless the internet, all well again now, I'll see if I can give it another go tomorrow.

invest4deepvalue.com

Found this Allwinner mod app which lets you change the build.prop with the click of a button so you can fake a selection of different tablets and phones.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, use at your own risk! :P

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Found this Allwinner mod app which lets you change the build.prop with the click of a button so you can fake a selection of different tablets and phones.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, use at your own risk! :P
    Sorry to be a bit dim but why do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

What is the build quality like? What about the display? I realise the resolution is low, but what about the brightness, colour & contrast?

Sorry to be a bit dim but why do this?

You'll find that when you come to install some apps from the marketplace you won't be able to as the device fails the compatibility test coming up as an "unknown device".

By faking the device signature this should overcome the problem.

Hopefully the firmware update which is due during July will also address this issue.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Item sent to customs :-(

Anyone get there's back from them yet? Did it take long to get it after it was seized?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Simi wrote: »
    Item sent to customs :-(

Anyone get there's back from them yet? Did it take long to get it after it was seized?

my was sent to customs on thursday still no word or letter yet .. hope to have it by the end of the week

got my letter from customs 5 days after it was seized ....emailed them my proof of purchace ..its now a waiting game

got an email this morning tax and postage is 20 bucks will be here tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Arrived on Monday. I had to go buy an adaptor as the plug was 2 pin job.
    Plugged it in and it is working fine.
    What are people going to use this for? i think the novelty factor has diminished already!! I was thinking of selling it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I was thinking of selling it on.

Will keep an eye on adverts so!!

Arrived on Monday. I had to go buy an adaptor as the plug was 2 pin job.
    Plugged it in and it is working fine.
    What are people going to use this for? i think the novelty factor has diminished already!! I was thinking of selling it on.

that's what I was wondering before.
    - wireless streaming to tv. and mediaplayer
    - low-power consumption downloader.

I've heard that there are over-heating problems with these things.

at the moment a case of a gadget that I have no need for though really.

got it in the post this morning so far so good using it now on the big tv typing this

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Step 1. Have Smart Tv
    Step 2. Plug into said smart tv and connect HDMI
    Step 3. Have smart tv "running" android.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Nollog

gerryk wrote: »
    What is the build quality like? What about the display? I realise the resolution is low, but what about the brightness, colour & contrast?

It doesn't have a screen. It outputs via HDMI to an existing screen like your TV.

https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1
    I'm going to put lubuntu on it and use it as a torrentbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

anyone put netflix on it yet, if so how was the playback? Also anyone come up with any ingenious ways of controlling these without the need for a standard keyboard and mouse from ios?

Also anyone come up with any ingenious ways of controlling these without the need for a standard keyboard and mouse from ios?
    I hacked mine this morning and connected it up to my Xbox Kinect.. Working brilliant now!

I hacked mine this morning and connected it up to my Xbox Kinect.. Working brilliant now!
    Really you say........ nah... one can dream

Finally got mine and have to say I'm very happy with it so far. I mostly wanted this for netflix and some casual surfing. First thing I did was download the netflix app. Screen starts off a little pixelated like watching on a moblie but after a couple of seconds the quality is brilliant, its really smooth and doesn't jump or pause. Tried it on put locker too and it works well with it too.

• Advertisement

need a forum on this for say sky go does it work and rotation lock some of my apps opening sideways etc

Advertisement