Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android-Driven Petite PC €57.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I already have a USB hub like this at home, if I plug that in to the single USB port on this thing will Android be able to pick up a usb keyboard and usb mouse connected to it?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bala

Do-more wrote: »
    I already have a USB hub like this at home, if I plug that in to the single USB port on this thing will Android be able to pick up a usb keyboard and usb mouse connected to it?

I might be wrong but I think it will require a powered USB hub

something like this

http://www3.buyincoins.com/details/usb-2-0-high-speed-7-port-hub-powered-ac-adapter-product-1746.html

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

don't suppose anyone has come across any cheap monitors to go along with this? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Anyone have trouble ordering? Can put in my details but it get stuck at the order screen.

nvm. I had to sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jayteecork wrote: »
    Surely this will suck as your TV isn't touch screen.

You could add THIS for $75.98 (€60.50) In December/January :p

When you have Windows 8 installed on it.. :D

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »

Like I need another way to play fruit ninja....

invest4deepvalue.com

AntiRip wrote: »
    It has bluetooth & usb so u can connect keyboard and mouse.

Also u can get apps in googleplay store to use ur phone or tablet as touchscreen remote control

I don't think bluetooth is build in. No mention of it in the ops link and the on one Do-more posted says.
    -It also no RGB port,no S-video port, no built-in IR,no built-in bluetooth.

<edit> Came to €57.29, ordered form Do-more's link.

Just got this message from the seller this morning, so it's not going as smoothly as he first indicated!

Hopefully he really will get the stock from the factory and not mess us all about.
    I asked factory about stock , they said will have stock tomorrow ,
    but all is white color , pls let me know if white color is ok ?
    If white color is ok , i can send your order in 3 workdays !
    Have a good day

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Tell 'im its gotta be pink or no deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Scary stuff alright, but are these yokes just mobile phones with the screen and battery and a few other gubbins taken out ????

I think so... surely it is easier to just carry around an Android phone instead of one of these things and a keyboard and a cable for the TV... (edit) and a power cable!

• Advertisement

not to mention having to carry around the 50" flat screen.

It says on the transaction details the order will be cancelled im 10 days if he doesn't send it. So wait until then.

Jet Black wrote: »
    It says on the transaction details the order will be cancelled im 10 days if he doesn't send it. So wait until then.

Yeah, I'm not getting excited, just cheesed off that having got his assurance before ordering that it would be dispatched on Friday or Sunday now the goal posts are shifting.

Aliexpress say that they hold the money until the postage tracking says it has been delivered, so it should be safe in that way at least.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Allyall wrote: »

Jesus... thats scary how fast tech is moving! very very cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Access wrote: »
    Jesus... thats scary how fast tech is moving! very very cool.

Cyberdyne Systems are involved Id say. Tech has has gone nuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just to say, this is a clone of another device..

I posted about it in the Android forum a few days back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056644312

The stick has the Mali 400 GPU, so it has the same HD playback abilities as tablets like the Ainol Elf\Aurora, Onda, Hyundai etc.. No trouble with 1080P etc..

Mine now showing as having been shipped today.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Been looking at this on and off again for past few days....I see it can now be gotten from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/OEM-SYSTEMS-COMPANY-MK802-Android/dp/B0086DVDCW for $70. It was this video from lilliputing that brought me to Amazon. They say this one has 1Gb Ram rather than 512Mb on the others I've seen on Aliexpress. What ye think. Have many of ye ordered yet and anyone got it yet?
    Looking to make a standalone web browser "Kiosk" with it? Should work right?
    Amazing to think you could do this with such a tiny piece of kit.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Been looking at this on and off again for past few days....I see it can now be gotten from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/OEM-SYSTEMS-COMPANY-MK802-Android/dp/B0086DVDCW for $70. It was this video from lilliputing that brought me to Amazon. They say this one has 1Gb Ram rather than 512Mb on the others I've seen on Aliexpress. What ye think. Have many of ye ordered yet and anyone got it yet?

That is not Amazon per se, it's just a seller. I wouldn't trust them just because they're on amazon.

• Advertisement

Here is the video from liliputing:

http://liliputing.com/2012/05/70-mk802-android-4-0-pc-dissected-video.html

And about trust.... I definately would trust it more than Aliexpress.
    From Amazon :
    "A-to-z Guarantee Place your merchant order through the Amazon.com Shopping Cart or 1-Click and your purchase is protected by the A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee. Amazon.com automatically transfers your payment to the merchant so you'll never need to pay a merchant directly. Our A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee covers both the delivery of your item and its condition upon receipt.."

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

I think dx.com also have the same or a similar one, $78 delivered... says typically ships 7 to 10 days.

Link

Android 4.0 Mini PC Google TV Player w/ WiFi / Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 / TF / HDMI - White (4GB)

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. The description is from amazon and not from the seller, so it could differ. Although I've read there is 1GB ram devices so you might get lucky. Your still ordering it from HK so will be probably waiting a month or so.

I've ordered off ali from the same seller as Do-more, the seller initially emailed that he only has white, then twice more looking for more time because of delays, but I just left it as I wasn't pushed and Do-more's was shipped earlier. Mine was marked as shipped earlier today.

Email he sent.
    Hi , J

How are you ?

I am P from Lochonwireless and nice to talk with you !

You make one order from our aliexpress online store(Store No.708713) :

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/568180862-Free-Shipping-White-Android-4-0-Mini-PC-IPTV-Google-Internet-TV-Smart-Android-Box-DDR3-wholesalers.html

thank you very much !

I am very sorry that still havent sent your order till now !

I ordered 100 pcs MK802 from factory last week , but till now , they still cannot deliver the goods to me ,

so your order was badly delayed(not only me , many other sellers cannot get the goods from factory) .

I asked factory , they said would deliver the goods next week , so please advise whether you can accept I send your order

next week ?

If you can accept it , pls extend 5 days ship date .

If you think it cost too much time , pls cancel this order , i am very sorry to say this.

I have nearly 50 order to wait for ship , but now , i have to say very sorry to all of you.

Hope you can understand, i want to do business with you , also provide you best service ,

but factory always delay(because of software problem) , I cant send you defected goods ,

so i have to send you this E-mail .
    If you cancel this order, whether you can choose reason : buyer Ordered Wrong Product !

If you cannot do that, i understand, i know , its my fault !

Anyway thanks for your kind support!

Waiting for your choice!

Have a good day !

P

Sorry to hear that lots of the orders have been delayed.

If you do a search on aliexpress for "MK802" you will find a lot of sellers for these now including the 1Gb versions last time I looked there were some sellers claiming to have them in stock and showing a picture of a full box of them, not sure if those sellers are any more reliable than the one I ordered from.

My tracking is showing that mine arrived in Stockholm airport yesterday, but as we have a bank holiday here tomorrow I doubt I will see it before Thursday or Friday.

invest4deepvalue.com

Can you let us know how it goes, import duty, and how it runs ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

sk282 wrote: »
    I think dx.com also have the same or a similar one, $78 delivered... says typically ships 7 to 10 days.

Link

Android 4.0 Mini PC Google TV Player w/ WiFi / Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 / TF / HDMI - White (4GB)

I would take that 7 to 10 days with a large lump of salt (not just a pinch).

Do-more wrote: »
    My tracking is showing that mine arrived in Stockholm airport yesterday

Brave pioneer. I salute you. I waiting on a few good reviews before I order one

Here is a video from some Oz company selling them. Looks pretty good no?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

sk282 wrote: »

Link

Good spot, but DX might ship in 7-10 days but it will take another 20 to get to Ireland :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would take that 7 to 10 days with a large lump of salt (not just a pinch).

Exactly. Tipically 4-6 weeks from dx but at least you will get it. Great company though, never had any trouble with them over the years. They were a great crowd for the DS cards :)

Advertisement