Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android-Driven Petite PC €57.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Updates ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Mine is on its way from Ali...cancelled the Amazon. A long wait now I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Ordered from amazon.com on 5th June, this morning got email to say it has shipped. ETA 29th June - 16th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Jet Black wrote: »
    Having problems with the seller at the moment. The tracking number he sent me a week ago is invalid which leads me to believe he just marked as dispatched and sent me the number he is going to use. Emailed him last night and he's blaming the post office.

Nothing changed. Still invalid, going to cancel mine. Don't use that seller.

Nothing changed. Still invalid, going to cancel mine. Don't use that seller.
    Was it Lochonwireless? Pisen is the guy I've emailed. tracking isn't coming up either...

• Advertisement

Was it Lochonwireless? Pisen is the guy I've emailed. tracking isn't coming up either...

Yeah. Marked as shipped on 3rd June. I canceled an hour ago. I will let you know the outcome.

Yeah, mine got shipped on the 15th. How do you go about cancelling it?
    I got an email back from him there, in fairness he is very quick to reply.

"How are you ?
    The tracking number is R********G , you can check it on :
    http://www.singpost.com/
    The goods will be online in 2 days, i will let you when its online !
    Have a good day !
    Pisen

However he already said this on the 15th

How are you ?
    I sent the goods today by SG Post , i will tell you when its online !
    Have a good day !
    Pisen

I should have stuck with Amazon.com maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Ordered a z802 off asiapads.com on the 21/5/12. Still down as pending, even though there is a big sign on the site saying they are shipping them this week.

Fired off an email there asking for a shipping date. Whether they actually have anything to ship or they're just desperately stopping people cancelling their preorders remains to be seen.

Yeah, mine got shipped on the 15th. How do you go about cancelling it?
    I got an email back from him there, in fairness he is very quick to reply.

"How are you ?
    The tracking number is R********G , you can check it on :
    http://www.singpost.com/
    The goods will be online in 2 days, i will let you when its online !
    Have a good day !
    Pisen

However he already said this on the 15th

How are you ?
    I sent the goods today by SG Post , i will tell you when its online !
    Have a good day !
    Pisen

I should have stuck with Amazon.com maybe

Not so quick when looking for a refund. I see he's online now and no reply or message. I'd say he's going to try post now and make up another lie. He has 3 days to reply or I will get a refund.

To get a refund go to aliexpress log on and go to open orders. Under awaiting delivery confirmation click open dispute. Fill in the form and send it off. It gives him 3 days to reply.

I have a tracking number for singpost too but I'd say he just has the postage sticker took the number off that so it will be eventually valid when/if he posts it.

Thanks for the info on cancelling; I'll do the same if no joy in the next 2 days. It's a weird one because when I originally ordered he said sorry I've no stock, should be in by day X. The day X arrived and he emailed me saying sorry but the order was cancelled as no stock came in.
    Then the next day he emailed me and said he got some in and to reorder and pay this time as they arrived and he will send out straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Would it be possible to run a device such as this off an old laptop (USB ports only)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

Would it be possible to run a device like this off an old laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

That sort of defeats the purpose of the device.

No one has actually got their hands on one yet have they?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

LK_Dave wrote: »
    Would it be possible to run a device such as this off an old laptop (USB ports only)?

This kind of device is a computer in it's own right.

But to answer your question, no you will not be able to plug this in, in such a way that it'll display on the laptop screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Saruman wrote: »
    That sort of defeats the purpose of the device.

Not this one. FXI's Cotton Candy (http://www.fxitech.com/) will work that way though. Plug the stick into the USB and it will run Windowed, within the host OS, using its own hardware.

I'm not too sure of the specifics, but that's a pretty unique feature, for that one device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Saruman wrote: »

Yeah I got one from the aliexpress seller that the other guys are having the problems with now! :o

Other than a little testing I have used it very little as most of the apps that I want to use on it fail the comparability test on the market and so can't be installed.

So unless you can get around such problems I don't think there is much rush on getting one until there are some custom roms available to address the problem.

They have ubuntu running on it but that is not of interest to me.

Mine is the 512mb ram version and there doesn't seem to be a lot of free ram left so I would suggest that anyone looking to order one to go for the 1Gb ram version.

invest4deepvalue.com

The seller rejected my claim and sent me this. From what I can gather it still hasn't been shipped. He just gave them the item number and they are going to collect it. Not happy..
    Hi
    How are you ?
    I am very sorry about delay !
    After I sent the goods , i am checking all the time , if the goods not online ,
    I am also worried , if have any question , i also need talk with shipping company ,
    it need some times , post service is bad in here , so it cost so long time !
    I am not ignore your order , i always try my best to do every order ,
    pls trust me , have any question , pls feel free to contact me !
    Have a good day !

picture.php?albumid=2144&pictureid=13142

The details he gave me show a status of the 20/6 and details of : INFORMATION RECEIVED (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article) So he inputted the label but hasn't sent anything right?

Sorry, I see pic above, same thing for me so. Will have to wait I think

Hi tec indeed

No wonder its taking so long. The conveyor belt is so slow:)

Mine finally marked as posted today so I should have it next month sometime.
    Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Hi tec indeed

Mmmm, solvent inhaling Android slave goodness. Poor fecker. Hopefully that's just compressed air, I doubt it though.

No wonder its taking so long. The conveyor belt is so slow:)

Mine finally marked as posted today so I should have it next month sometime.

Big Time, crank it up a notch. But yea, mine too on its way....

the guy im buying off sent me a tracking number thats unrecognized and when I asked him has it been sent he said yeah and it would take 10 days hummmm

Same with mine but works now alright. Check it again in a week

Tracking number still invalid :S

Vego wrote: »
    Tracking number still invalid :S

Send him a message. He'll probably say some bs and blame the post office. Say that you will open a dispute because the tracking number is not valid. Then open a dispute if your not happy with the reply. It will give him 3 days. Don't close it until the tracking number works. Make sure you cancel the dispute, don't click agree with the sellers reply as it will pay him.

Found a web site that has tracked my parcel its been sitting in Beijing international for the last few days apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

We got one and the UPS charges were €36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Hifi Keith wrote: »
    We got one and the UPS charges were €36

Are you referring to this - > http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-an...ack-4gb-141171

€36 for what? customs?

Advertisement