Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

loved that sabin v aries match

pissed off my man didnt win thou

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Best promo of Sabin's career at the end of this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who thought that when Taryn Terrell joined that she would never be able to have a good match. I admit I was wrong

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm hoping I'm not the only one who thought that when Taryn Terrell joined that she would never be able to have a good match. I admit I was wrong

I'm pretty sure everybody had low expectations for Terrell. If they announced a Kim/Terrell ladder match in March nobody would've cared, they announce one in June and people are legitimately excited for it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think DOC was the one to join MEM? Although i can def see him joining or turning on the Aces and 8's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Really enjoyed that ladder match and a hat tip to whoever came up with the finish. Not sure if it's been done before but I've never seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just watched the ladder match (will watch the rest of the show later in the week). Really enjoyed it, every blow mattered and they took their time. Granted the latter may be due to the fact they were women in a very physical style of match but it was very enjoyable.

Dutt vs. Homicide vs. Petey, Manik vs. King vs. Chavo, and Jigsaw vs. Spud vs. Trent Baretta all set for iMPACT! tonight as well as Aries vs. Roode in a BFG Series match and Sabin vs. Bully for the title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Trent?

If Chavo wins the X Title i'm gonna be 84% more angry than usual.

• Advertisement

The X belt was tailored for Spud:
    BPfnsVeCEAAvqfO.jpg

The fecking size of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didnt think they would actually do it, but they did. Shame he hardly got a move in.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didnt think they would actually do it, but they did. Shame he hardly got a move in.

All anybody will remember
    is that he won.

I've asked around whether
    Shelley and Sabin are still friends. I know Alex doesn't tweet about Wrestling on a current affairs type basis and I understand him for washing his hands of TNA. But he said nothing about Chris's title win bar a very indirect comment and some TNA fans pointed out they don't follow each other on Twitter. Would be sad if they we no longer were. I know more people who know Alex more than Chris.

He spent most the last 24hrs talking about Earthbound and RPGs.
    :(

Pretty loaded show set for next week aswell with Styles vs. Hardy, Manik vs. Dutt vs. Trent in an Ultimate X match, Gail vs. Mickie, Daniels vs. Joe and Anderson vs. Hernandez.

And they're doing a Hardcore Justice special on August 15th with
    the Sabin/Bully rematch in the cage.

1.5m viewers for last nights show, first time they've managed to move the rating in a while (the wonders of heavily hyping a show with a main event).

1.5m viewers for last nights show, first time they've managed to move the rating in a while (the wonders of heavily hyping a show with a main event).

That's very good. I dont follow the ratings as much as I used to, but they were always around the 1 million mark whenever I checked recently. Unless I picked bad weeks, I assumed that to be the average, in which case it's a 50% increase!

It was a very good show too, so hopefully they hold the majority of them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted that Sabin won but have a feeling he wont be champ for long . Would love to see AJ vs Sabin or Aries vs Sabin at BFG for the title .

Presume they will go with Dutt to win the X-Division title next week

• Advertisement

TNA are doing a vote for which set of BFG Series matches will be on the August 1st and 8th iMPACT!'s. Vote here and here's the cards:

Card #1
    Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson
    Magnus vs. Samoa Joe
    AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode
    Joseph Park vs. Hernandez
    Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels
    Frankie Kazarian vs. Jay Bradley

Card #2
    Austin Aries vs. AJ Styles
    Mr. Anderson vs. Magnus
    Christopher Daniels vs. Frankie Kazarian
    Bobby Roode vs. Hernandez
    Joseph Park vs. Jay Bradley
    Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy

Card #3
    Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries
    Jeff Hardy vs. Hernandez
    Jay Bradley vs. Bobby Roode
    Magnus vs. Frankie Kazarian
    Mr. Anderson vs. Joseph Park
    AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Tough choice with all three cards having something worthwhile, went with 2 myself purely because of Aries vs. Styles.

Joe vs Aries is all I really want from card 3 so was able to rule that out quick enough. 1 & 2 were tough to decide between. Went with 2 aswell for Aries vs Styles and Daniels vs Kazarian.

Watching last weeks impact now. Enjoyed the 3 triple threat matches and Roode vs Aries. Mickie James' gimmick is an absolute riot, she plays the role absolutely perfect.

Another good show this week, really enjoyed Hardy/Styles. Anywho:

Who's it going to be?

I try to avoid Spoilers but was Kim vs 'my new favourite wrestlah' Mickie James good.
    I hope that ain't black reign
    :p

I have no sound right now and the picture doesnt give away much. Anyone feel like a summary?
    GTR63 wrote: »
    I try to avoid Spoilers but was Kim vs 'my new favourite wrestlah' Mickie James good.
    I hope that ain't black reign
    :p

It was. Not as good as the two Gail vs Taryn matches but still very good. Gail is in great form lately.
    If she can get the same quality from ODB then she deserves a title made specifically for her.

I have no sound right now and the picture doesnt give away much. Anyone feel like a summary?

It was a mystery person with a distorted voice saying they don't work for Tna or Spike (like that narrows it down lately). They have a problem that needs to be solved and are coming August 1st. I am no Batman but it sounds like it is two seperate people talking.

From all the suggestions I've seen, the two that fit the best with what we can see (in my eyes anyway) are Adam Pearce or Low Ki.

I'd be very happy indeed with Low Ki.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

From all the suggestions I've seen, the two that fit the best with what we can see (in my eyes anyway) are Adam Pearce or Low Ki.

I'd be very happy indeed with Low Ki.

I'd really like Adam Pearce, and if it was him, it'd make sense as to why they didn't run the vignette on Impact, as he wouldn't be a big enough name to justify the telly time. Well, and the fact he was a Gutcheck guy.

It also looks like a silhouette of Bob Holly. Fear it, kids.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'd really like Adam Pearce, and if it was him, it'd make sense as to why they didn't run the vignette on Impact, as he wouldn't be a big enough name to justify the telly time. Well, and the fact he was a Gutcheck guy.

It also looks like a silhouette of Bob Holly. Fear it, kids.

Holly was on the recent ONO show so it wouldnt really be a surprise.

Advertisement