Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

It ends up being AJ, thankfully also bringing an end to AJ's boo boo face period in the process.

I always imagined he did that to adjust his demanding style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

GTR63 wrote: »
    I always imagined he did that to adjust his demanding style.

In some ways the style working was more physically demanding (if a little less flashy). It was more a case of a character shift that, while interesting, never got over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brooke Hogan fired

No details are available at the moment but we've had several confirmations that Brooke Hogan was fired by TNA.

The story was actually going around the WWE roster on Thursday but it wasn't untli today we could confirm it with TNA.

reset_button_jpg_scaled500.jpg

Hogan's contact is up soonish, he hasn't been on TV, he is in the WWE game and ONE LAST LEG DROP, BROTHER.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe she is just going back to her obviously destined for success movie career which included such masterpieces as this movie which I saw on sale for 3euro today

MV5BMTgxMjU5NzYxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ0NzAzOA@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

on a more serious note though I find it interesting that they are using the term fired and not released or something similar. I wonder did something happen and if it might affect The Hulksters TNA dealings. She is completely unnecessary though (assuming her departure doesent seriously affect any current storylines) so it would be a good way to save money considering some of the other recent cuts.

Hulk at WM XXX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Bully suggested Brooke would be there next week. As bad as it is, hopefully they actually wrap her storyline up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bully suggested Brooke would be there next week. As bad as it is, hopefully they actually wrap her storyline up.
    turns out it was Tessmacher which oddly enough I thought straight away when he said it

Was there any actual reason Hulk's missed a month of TV's or were they just cutting costs?

And I said last year that Brooke would be gone within a year, I was two and a half months out.

Brooke Hogan and Stewart Downing gone in the same week, make it Garret Bischoff and Robinho next week and I will be beyond elated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i knew Tito would turn although im glad it didnt happen on next weeks show which would have been even more obvious . Had to laugh at Tito looking so awkward celebrtating with Bully .

Yea can see Sabin joining MEM next week as payback and pretty much means MEM will get the win since Bully is champ again

• Advertisement

The problem with the tag now is the lack of losers on the MEM side. Sting is really the only guy not committed to anything major. The Aces and Eights have four potential losers since Anderson is the only one doing anything.

That's assuming they go through with the loser leaves thing.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/79749/tna-does-a-big-180-to-give-the-fans-what-they-want.html?p=1

TNA have dropped the mandatory X-Divsion 3 way dance format, guess it saves them the price of 1 plane ticket. Thank god they dropped the ref cam with them wearing a stupid looking beret

Aries vs Sabin (Once Manik was killed by DOC), Sabin vs Manik and even Styles vs Aries all showed how pointless that three way rule was. Not a single three way came close to any of those mentioned.

Could give Kenny King some material too. The rule was brought in shortly after his title win, and dropped not long after. He could claim a conspiracy to get the title off him.

Regular 3 way matches ensured the division would be faceless trainwrecks so I am glad they dropped this.

Mike Tenay: Ladies and gentlemen Tna President joins the Main Event Mafia.
    Me: WHAT!
    Oh in the ring, right. Fuçk sake Tenay. Enjoyed the Ladder match, Styles hit that ringpost something fierce. Kennedy on the mic.....god awful as per usual. Magnus suggesting they recruit an audience member, anything to save a buck I guess.

PWInsider reporting his contract is up next month and TNA has yet to come to an agreement with him.

Styles' official Facebook page: "Where do fans want AJ Styles to be? TNA? WWE? ROH? Japan? Lots of options. Tough decisions."

He is 36. This could be his last or second to last contact. So gamesmanship ahoy.

He's still the runaway favourite to win the BFG Series (and will probably go on to win the title) so that might help sway him.

He's already free to work in Japan, ROH couldnt afford him anymore. That leaves two options and considering his age, I dont think WWE will be too pushed on him. A promise of being in the main event more often and I'd guess we will see him re-sign with TNA.

This article explains that there is a new financial reality operating in TNA:
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=79794&p=1

The seem to want to replace high price contracts with younger and cheaper talent currently affected are AJ, Ken Anderson and
    Devon

Roode, Magnus and Joe recently signed new deals. Two of those would definitely be signed by WWE so I'm guessing they werent low balled. Dont see why Styles would be either.

• Advertisement

The sooner they get rid of the likes of Anderson the better, never has a wrestler flattered to deceive more than him.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Roode, Magnus and Joe recently signed new deals. Two of those would definitely be signed by WWE so I'm guessing they werent low balled. Dont see why Styles would be either.

I'm still shocked WWE didn't aggressively pursue Roode (and to a lesser extent Magnus), he's exactly their kind of wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He's still the runaway favourite to win the BFG Series (and will probably go on to win the title) so that might help sway him.

Who is leading in points in the BFG series standings so far?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is leading in points in the BFG series standings so far?

Magnus. Styles is in 8th, but a pinfall victory and he is third.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha think im the only one who kinda likes Anderson? Yea would have thought Magnus and Roode would be on wwe's radar

Cut the most expendable person payroll:
    2n8cx7m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

rovert wrote: »
    Cut the most expendable person payroll:
    2n8cx7m.jpg

She got paid for what seemed like very little for a long time

The sooner they get rid of the likes of Anderson the better, never has a wrestler flattered to deceive more than him.

I'm still shocked WWE didn't aggressively pursue Roode (and to a lesser extent Magnus), he's exactly their kind of wrestler.

From HHH's Grantland interview:
    Right now, probably 85 to 90 percent of our roster came through our system in some way. Five years from now, 100 percent of our roster will have come through there. We had seven guys in the past year at WrestleMania that weren't on the roster the year before. Those guys come up to me and say, "I know we talked about this down there [in developmental], and I didn't understand it then. Thank you for hanging in there with me, because I get it now."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9588366/view/full/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h

According to Wade Keller this morning Triple H's view of TNA is somewhat the same as RVD's: http://www.tnasylum.com/2013/08/rob-van-dam-claims-wwes-wrestlers-are.html and that he thinks TNA is JUST a highspots promotion like the way people used to think ECW was JUST a hardcore promotion.

In light of that you can see why TNA are playing hard ball with talent as they have limited leverage now.

Wow Rvd has a few good matches and thinks he can afford to run his mouth. Does HHH really think that many can be credited to their developmental?

rovert wrote: »
    From HHH's Grantland interview:

I know they want to create their own ecosystem and breed a certain culture in their wrestlers coming up, but limiting your talent pool like that seems silly to me. They'll be fine but surely a roster with a variety of different backgrounds and wrestling experiences would make for a better roster (or have the Sin Cara's of this world scared them off).

Plus describing TNA as a high spots promotion (these days anyway) is a fairly off the mark (outside of the X-Division). Most of their TV matches follow a very basic formula almost to a fault. And RVD had bad matches with Chris Daniels, which is pretty much impossible (I couldn't help but take a shot at RVD).

• Advertisement

One of those Dixie videos you could dissect for days:

Given the cutbacks, the Jesse and Xion situations, the whole Vince McMahon would never do this factor.

Glad that TJP has found a resting spot in his career though just hope he knows what he is letting himself in for:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZe-zIk1Aq8

Advertisement