Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    The TNA rating seems to have totally collapsed to record lows:
    http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/31677-ratings-notes-from-thursday-night

Shame first show I liked in ages.

Yet the viewers were up as a whole which is strange if they lost a large percentage of the younger audience.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    When this happens it terrifies me that they will do something stupid like rehire Russo.

While they shouldn't go near Russo, I do think they're badly in need of a regime change. Current creative have been devoid of ideas for a year now and have shown a horrible, constant disconnect from their audience for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Didn't these kids hear Hogan quoting hip things like macho man, ghostbusters, terrorism and pussies in leather the last nite.
    I'd like to see some fresh talent brought in and give the likes of Magnus a push FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not only bigger but lesbian:

I know TNA take WWE wrestlers but now they take HHH's nose and give it to one of their women?
    Yeah, sorrry, that was mean, but it was the first thing I noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The TNA rating seems to have totally collapsed to record lows:
    http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/31677-ratings-notes-from-thursday-night

Shame first show I liked in ages.

Just did the poll on the side of that page about how the show was:

What did you think of Thursday night's Impact?
    Didn't see the show 34.2%
    Good 33.2%
    Excellent 13.2%
    Average 12.1%
    Poor 5.3%
    Fair 2.1%

A couple of years ago Poor and Fair would no doubt have been in place of Good and Excellent. The quality of the shows is usually good, but for some reason people arent interested in actually watching it. Raw usually has similar issues when against big sports games but it isnt as noticeable due to having a larger audience to begin with.

I think TNA did a lot of damage to their audience a few years ago and are now struggling to get them back. Constant swapping and changing along with swerves for no reason made people lose interest and even grow to dislike the company as a whole. The quality has no doubt improved, and deserves a higher rating, but a lot of people seemingly arent willing to give it another chance.

I only have a small number of issues with the company right now, compared to a few years ago when I'd have changed at least half of it, usually more. My main issues now are Hogan being over-exposed and the Knockouts being under-exposed, but the latter has improved recently.

Knockouts being underexposed, ooh arr.
    Hogan is on impact far too much even at the PPV he came out too soon after the Sabin win and just hogged his limelight after the long journey Sabin went through to recover from two ACLs that was his moment.

• Advertisement

iMPACT!'s kind of become Smackdown last year, a good, solid usually entertaining show but totally forgettable and inconsequential in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

iMPACT!'s kind of become Smackdown last year, a good, solid usually entertaining show but totally forgettable and inconsequential in the long run.

I think it's just because the whole brand's been sullied by the A&8s' presence. TNA last year really seemed on the cusp on becoming a true alternative in pro-wrestling, with the rise of Aries, Roode/Storm, Magnus/Joe, and the absolute laugh-a-minute that was the Claire Lynch saga (be it accidental or intentional). It finally had a vibe to it, a USP, all its own.

In the past 12 months, it's devolved into another 'nefarious group takes-over' angle which has not only been done to death in wrestling itself, but it's about the 6th/7th angle of this kind TNA've attempted in their mere decade of existence, with virtually no history of success. This'd be fine, but it's also resulting in every top-line act either dealing with A&8s, or being left out on the undercard because they're not.

That's even before we get to the snail's pace that is the plotting, or the rotten booking that renders 90% of their big-bad group looking incompetent.
    Mind, it had revealed to me my irk-ment with Wes Brisco, who honestly carries facial expressions that'd motivate me to pay to see them slapped off.

Whelp, look at me there, acting like I could actually run a wrestling company.

Don't get me started on my deep dislike of the Aces and 8s angle and all the damage it's done to TNA. It just baffles me that at no stage has this angle been a success (it's never even popped the odd TV rating like the MEM did) and yet they press on. It's just stupid. Bully would be better off as champ by himself aswell.

Though on the upside the Rampage debut on YouTube has been one of their most viewed videos in a while, and it could be a big match for them if they could ever do it (though this weeks angle would be a total waste if they can't do it by Bound For Glory which is unlikely):

Have it at Bound for Glory. Rampage did wrestling in school so isnt starting from scratch. Work his ass off for the next four months and Angle is more than capable of carrying someone.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Have it at Bound for Glory. Rampage did wrestling in school so isnt starting from scratch. Work his ass off for the next four months and Angle is more than capable of carrying someone.

I think Rampage could be good his knees are a bit dodgy(I never seen him block a leg kick). He should look at Sakuraba's NJPW matches and try copy that kinda style.
    The only part I don't like is Angle will allow himself to be battered in a match between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Just get Rampage to do what Angle always does: work it like it's a legit fight, no sell everything with reversals, and have the finish come out of the blue.

Meltzer goes for 5 stars.

Troll, you say?

Watching Impact and on the bottom of the screen they said something about a new tna game coming soon.
    Is this a E3 hint or a F*CKing crap iPad game like Deus Ex was, Eidos you Cnuts btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In a Slammiversary rematch, AJ Styles will take on Kurt Angle and in tag team action, the new champions James Storm and Gunner fight Bad Influence.

Sting speaks, will he retire or maybe join Aces & Eights :P

I hope Joker Sting returns (f**k the haters). I'm thinking he may not be in the right mindset after getting 'hit' in the head with a hammer.

www.pwinsider.com/article/78253/tna-destination-x-2013-to-be-aired-on-cable.html?p=1
    Destination X or should that be a Dest-X special will air on the July 18th episode of Impact. I presume its gonna just be x division matches and a Sabin vs Bully title match. Tna won't be having to scramble to get talent at the last minute if its only two hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That plays into what we talked about in another thread about me thinking it is Bully-Hogan non title at Bound for Glory.

That plays into what we talked about in another thread about me thinking it is Bully-Hogan non title at Bound for Glory.

So what would you do as the World title match then? Sabin vs. Styles? Or maybe something else like Joe, Roode, Aries or Hardy? I like the idea of Sabin/Roode playing off Roode jumping Sabin last year. At least it would blow the BFG Series wide open this year.

That said I still don't think they're going to do Bully/Hogan.

I know everyone says it in Wrestling since the history of time but Sabin stated in his comeback video his destiny was to win the Heavyweight belt.

Again simply I don't think they would focus as much on Brooke-Bully-Hogan for this long if a match wasn't the end game.

TNA have long term plans and they do things for with an eventual purpose. Read Bischoff and Lagana's Twitter they are mad about their planning, six month story archs, foreshadowing and all that jazz.

Aces and Eights is starting to serve its purpose. Doc got a big pop when he smacked Anderson in the Battle Royal. When he eventually breaks away he'll be a very over babyface. Keep having the other bully him and it can't go wrong when he turns.

Also looking forward to seeing who Sting has for the MEM. He didn't help Angle so I'm guessing he's out. Booker is signed to WWE while Nash has a legends deal with WWE too. That only leaves Steiner and technically Joe. Can't see it being either of them.

The BFGS is looking like a strong line up with only a couple of no hopers. Hardy, Roode, Joe, Styles, Magnus, Aries, Anderson as potential winners. Daniels, Kazarian and Daniels as outsiders. Leaving only Park and Bradley as no hopers.

• Advertisement

Mickie James is fantastic since turning. Nothing this week quite lived up to Bully shouting "Taz...My balls!!!" last week but the main event was very good.

So who else thinks Hogan forgot where he was?

Just seemed to me they edited out the standing ovation he got.

He remembered Jay Bradley's name so I strongly believe his synapses were in fact firing that night.

Dunno. It did seem like he forgot because it was a gap between when he said "in..." and the name of the city and the cheering had died down. Also was this not live?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dunno. It did seem like he forgot because it was a gap between when he said "in..." and the name of the city and the cheering had died down. Also was this not live?

Never live anymore. Last week was aired on a tape delay of about two hours while this week's was recorded after that. They do two shows a night. The first airs later that night, the second is recorded when the first show is being aired for the next week. Tapings were often going past midnight so they moved them earlier.

Mickie James is fantastic since turning. Nothing this week quite lived up to Bully shouting "Taz...My balls!!!" last week but the main event was very good.

She is a very natural bitchy heel. Thank god Magnus won that 4 way, he totally deserves to be in the BFG series.

Mr Anderson was even more unlikeable than usual, I fair wish he'd just f**k off. He draws that X-Pac heat for me anyway.

Take out Hogan and that was a very good episode. Hogan drags it down these days. His rambling at the start, his segments with Brooke, he added nothing of value.

As said, it was a very good episode but whoever decides what titles get used needs to be taken out back and shot. The Knockout tags havent been mentioned in months (before last week anyway) and could have just been disbanded. They have 7 Knockouts including ODB who hardly wrestles. Nowhere near enough for two divisions. They should have just retired them without saying anything.

Secondly, the TV title, I dont think it has been mentioned since Abyss won it. Could have just left it on Devon so he could have a match every few weeks instead of having it going missing.

Those are my only complaints this week and they are fairly minor compared to what they used to put out on a weekly basis.

Spoiler for next week. Not sure how to describe it without giving it away. Nothing to do with MEM.
    Sabin drops the X title to Suicide, who is later revealed as a fake. Somehow Hogan knows its not the real Suicide (despite their being at least three before him) and its later revealed as Aries. Aries faces Bully at Destination X. No clue what that means for Aries in the BFGS.

My problem is mostly that it was squeezed into one week. That should have taken at least three weeks.

• Advertisement

If you dont want to know who wins the X title match tonight, dont go to the website for the preview. They tell you who wins.

Retards.

Advertisement