Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options
1838485868789»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Angron wrote: »
    Oh yes he will. The man is notorious for being a monumental arsehole to both fans and wrestlers. When TJ Perkins said he didn't want to be Manik any more, Mathews started giving him ****e on twitter and said he should just leave. He was also an ass towards JR, and started bragging about all the money he made while other TNA wrestlers were late on getting paid.

I meant for management. If he is told to plug something, he'll do it no questions asked. If he was told to wear a dress and wig every week he'd probably do it. From a management perspective, he is a great guy to have. For the viewers, not so much.

He's a prick, but to management he is cheap and easy to work with so won't be high on the list of people to get rid of. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TNA to stream on Hulu in the states so that show open it up to a lot bigger viewership.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

This seems like a big deal to me? Am I wrong about it? Is Hulu big? they must also be getting some much needed money from this deal.

Hulu is expanding in to a live streaming platform and bringing on board all the CBS channels one of which is POP which has TNA at the moment.

The deal as far as I can see also will mean Impact will be available the next day on the normal Hulu which would open them to more viewers than POP gets.

All of which can only be a good thing for TNA.

Dixie sold too soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Challenge give up on it? Don't see it on

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Challenge give up on it? Don't see it on

Yes it's finished on Challenge now.

A TNA app has launched or is launching soon.

Has anyone managed to actually download the app? I can't even find it in the App Store. They are supposed to be streaming tomorrow same time as the US airing but if it isn't even up yet, that's going to be a disaster.

Do WWE not have a deal with Hulu anymore?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to actually download the app? I can't even find it in the App Store. They are supposed to be streaming tomorrow same time as the US airing but if it isn't even up yet, that's going to be a disaster.

Do WWE not have a deal with Hulu anymore?

They do but that won't get in the way of the new Hulu platform.

They do but that won't get in the way of the new Hulu platform.

Can't imagine they are too happy with this news considering how aggressive they got with the UK Scene when there was talk of World of Sport being more than a one off.

In the past two months Anthem have done more good for TNA than Dixie Carter did in the last five years, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can't imagine they are too happy with this news considering how aggressive they got with the UK Scene when there was talk of World of Sport being more than a one off.

In the past two months Anthem have done more good for TNA than Dixie Carter did in the last five years, at least.

Its a start. They need to sort the website out next. Small steps but its all positive.

Praying they give Josh his p45

• Advertisement

It's got nothing to do with the WWE though it's CBS's decision and the WWE need to keep CBS happy if they want the USA money.

CBS are putting all there channels no the Hulu platform which they have never done before and the WWE really is only small potatoes in this deal.

Looks like TNA Impact is back to taking shots at everyone. Don;t know how amny times WWE was mentioned or referenced throughout as well as constant shots at the former owners.
    And when Dutch came out and started listing all the guys who left, he seemed to only mention the big names that went to WWE like Angle, Sting, Bobby Roode and AJ Styles. No mention of the likes of Daniels or Low Ki.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Strangely enough, even though it can come off as cheap I don't think it's such a bad idea. Like if you're a WWE fan switching channels and come across TNA and not aware of it, and you're being told this is where Styles, Roode, Joe etc came from it'd probably peak your interest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I watched a bit of an episode, saw two and a half matches before I had to turn it off. The wrestling itself was fine, but the commentary is horrific. Matthews and Pope should be gotten rid of, they just drag everything down.

Double J saying today that Global Force Wrestling will be merging with Impact Wrestling.

So this week saw a few returns including
    Chris Masters, Matt Morgan and Magnus.
    Surprised at the last one considering I thought he might get a shot with WWE.

That women's gauntlet just showed the Knockouts division of yeteryear is well gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

You gotta give props to DiAngelo Williams for having a good performance in a match as a celebrity.

I thought for a TNA/Impact Wrestling/GFW PPV that it was a pretty good show overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

From Botchamania

0Yj.jpg

GFW partners with Pro Wrestling NOAH
    Global Force Wrestling (GFW), a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., announced today that it is expanding its talent exchange with Tokyo-based Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Taiji Ishimori, the three-time and reigning Global Honored Crown (GHC) Junior Heavyweight Champion from Pro Wrestling NOAH, returns to IMPACT Wrestling on Thursday, Aug. 17, to participate in Destination-X, live on Pop TV and broadcast to more than 120 countries worldwide. Ishimori was a show-stealer in his GFW debut on July 2, at Slammiversary 15, originating from The Impact Zone on the backlot of Universal Studios Florida.

Ishimori was joined at Slammiversary by Naomichi Marufuji.

“All of us at GFW are excited to continue to grow our relationship with Pro Wrestling NOAH,” said GFW Vice President of International Relations Scott D’Amore. “Having Ishimori back competing in the six-sided GFW ring at Destination-X shows our commitment to showcasing the very best athletes from around the world.”

There is no confirmation yet on additional Pro Wrestling NOAH talent that will be in Orlando for Destination-X and the ensuing TV tapings for IMPACT Wrestling, D’Amore said.

GFW stars also will be heading to Japan later this year to participate in Great Voyage 2017, vol. 2 from Pro Wrestling NOAH on Sunday, Oct. 1. GFW stars Moose and Eddie Edwards will be competing in Japan. Edwards was in Japan earlier this year, along with “Cowboy” James Storm.

“GFW is excited and honored to be part of the Great Voyage from Pro Wrestling NOAH,” D’Amore said. “Moose and Eddie Edwards are two amazing athletes who will be great representatives for GFW and IMPACT Wrestling.

“These talent collaborations are examples of how GFW and its international promotional partners continue to work together on an unprecedented level to provide a truly global audience with the very best action in the wrestling business.”

http://impactwrestling.com/global-force-wrestling-welcomes-back-stars-pro-wrestling-noah/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Haven't watched TNA/iMpact/GFW in a good while. What channel is it on in the U.K. Currently? What's the product like at the moment? Worth a watch?

• Advertisement

When was this week's episode filmed? Last week's Destination X was supposedly live yet I was looking up last week on wikipedia to see who the pre merger GFW champ was, and the new champ was already updated, so had it spoiled on me.

But looked it up to see if either he or the women's champ were still with the company. They're not. Actually how can 2 companies merge yet still have about the same number of wrestlers? Especially since GFW bought Impact, so you'd think there'd be more GFW guys than TNA, like when WWE bought WCW.

And the new opening showing where the show is broadcast has Ireland as UK

Advertisement